Grats to RRR for winning | R31

Matthew

BANNED
Oh and Silence, you get the Sorest Winner Award. Nobody in TBA was half as big-headed when they got ahead/won last round. I'd be more annoyed about that fact if I hadnt realised everbody else is reading the same egocentric, self-indulgant crap that I'm reading.

I have to agree with this to a point. I believe Silence is saying things just to get peoples dander up. Which he succeeds in doing, so for him that is a win.

Succeeds in doing so, at the cost of a flame free forums :|

i've never seen a set of forums that were flame free, a utopian ideal, but like most utopian ideals, doomed to failure and disappointment.

Ok you've never seen a set of forums that were flame free. But if you can point me to one forum which has more **** on it than this one then I will be entirely impressed.

This forums is particularly awful and is nothing more than a piss stain on the internet.

Changer

Head Gardener
Oh and Silence, you get the Sorest Winner Award. Nobody in TBA was half as big-headed when they got ahead/won last round. I'd be more annoyed about that fact if I hadnt realised everbody else is reading the same egocentric, self-indulgant crap that I'm reading.

I have to agree with this to a point. I believe Silence is saying things just to get peoples dander up. Which he succeeds in doing, so for him that is a win.

The flames/banter are what makes the forums interesting. Of course the flames shouldn't be too severe but something like Silence's post is absolutely fine imo. The forums were most interesting to me around r12-r16 and none of the mods were as strict as they are now so there was plenty of interesting flames on the forums but nobody took it too far.

I did'nt particularly mean any of the current posts. But I have seen certain posts which have gone way too far. Usually they are deleted fairly rapidly, or edited. Its just when every post by a member of the forums seems like it is set out to be as destructive or detrimental to the thread as possible it begins to become annoying for 90% of the playerbase. Buts thats just my view. Anyway way off topic, ill go back to the shadows where the rest of the members afraid to to speak incase they get flamed are....

Podunk

Head Gardener

The flames/banter are what makes the forums interesting. Of course the flames shouldn't be too severe but something like Silence's post is absolutely fine imo. The forums were most interesting to me around r12-r16 and none of the mods were as strict as they are now so there was plenty of interesting flames on the forums but nobody took it too far.

Well the reason it didn't go quite as far is because there was respect between allies.
However due to last round any respect that was once there has gone out the window for an entire group of 60 players.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Well the reason it didn't go quite as far is because there was respect between allies.
However due to last round any respect that was once there has gone out the window for an entire group of 60 players.

And now that those who aren't in the group of 60 have the upper hand there is going to be Roman Style 'Proscriptions' on those who have lost this round. Vengeance is ftw.

alexx

Harvester
It probably won't affect Enmity or S2N that much; but it will certainly reflect poorly to the other lower alliances in my eyes when they see a leader of the one of the top 3 (sub rank 1) allies delete because they got bored of this round.

In my eyes the mark of a true player is the one who sticks it out through thick and thin, shitty rounds and good rounds; bad attacks and good ones etc. I think you get my point....

contactability + activity > * in this game. Once u learn the basics/units it's piss easy. The Reason why RRR are winning is because they are more active+contactable. Not because of 'skill', the skillcap in this game is very low.

dont fool urselves...

Activity and contactability are not the sole vital factors that lead to winning. It is exceptionally useful, but there are plenty of active people who suck. Knowing how to play and how to work together is just as vital being active and contactable. I'm sorry you're so jealous of our win; considering we won so skill-lessly. Hell we only beat 3 alliances 1 Versus 1 and then crushed the pitiful resistance attacks that came our way. Think, digest, rethink, then post. Follow this rule and you will look less like an idiot.

!

I'm just saying a big part of ur 1v1 wins was because your contactability > ours -> we get ppl zeroed. im not jelous because i know i probably couldnt be in a rank1 ally(altho i was last round but that was solely because of powerblock and you were too weak to rush us effectively) because theres too many hours im not contactable. And one of the reasons you crushed the resistance was because you had _all_ of your members ready to atleast send out and also imo, our tactics sucked.

And ofc there are ppl who are active that sucks, but when uve learned the game it's more about what i wrote.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
you were too weak to rush us effectively
What bullshit. Those people rushing TBA last round killed far more than they normally would rushing any other rank 1 ally (apart from ViruS in r13 perhaps :p).
And one of the reasons you crushed the resistance because you had _all_ of your members ready to atleast send out
Not all. I was uncontactable on holiday in Las Vegas (which you guys knew about and you didn't even try to rush me :-/).

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
It probably won't affect Enmity or S2N that much; but it will certainly reflect poorly to the other lower alliances in my eyes when they see a leader of the one of the top 3 (sub rank 1) allies delete because they got bored of this round.

In my eyes the mark of a true player is the one who sticks it out through thick and thin, shitty rounds and good rounds; bad attacks and good ones etc. I think you get my point....

contactability + activity > * in this game. Once u learn the basics/units it's piss easy. The Reason why RRR are winning is because they are more active+contactable. Not because of 'skill', the skillcap in this game is very low.

dont fool urselves...

Activity and contactability are not the sole vital factors that lead to winning. It is exceptionally useful, but there are plenty of active people who suck. Knowing how to play and how to work together is just as vital being active and contactable. I'm sorry you're so jealous of our win; considering we won so skill-lessly. Hell we only beat 3 alliances 1 Versus 1 and then crushed the pitiful resistance attacks that came our way. Think, digest, rethink, then post. Follow this rule and you will look less like a retard.

!

I'm just saying a big part of ur 1v1 wins was because your contactability > ours -> we get ppl zeroed.

Enmity died hard and fast, once we got going they died in a few waves.

S2N died by the third wave, after that they rolled over and let us land rape them.

Fail hit sleepmode after a couple of waves and we just mercilessly raped anything within range.

We were very active in the wars because we had the momentum to keep ourselves going once we realized we really were going to win and we had a feeling of unstoppable superiority. It felt great and tbh most of us slept/napped/worked between attacks and just got HLed when it was 10 minutes to LT. We also have many friends in the lower allies who let slip LT for the resistance attacks; that helps immensely when everyone knows to 'be on for 19:00'.

i'm not jelous because i know i probably couldnt be in a rank1 ally(altho i was last round but that was solely because of powerblock and you were too weak to rush us effectively) because theres too many hours im not contactable.

Pardon me, your post reeked of jealousy and that was the sole reason i interpreted it as such. If that is not the case you have my apologies.

As for rushing: our Biker players thrashed your POM players so badly you guys stopped buying NLDs and just massed flak. how is that us failing to rush? As for being unable to take you guys down last round it has more to do with the fact that if WH sent on one ally we'd be immediately retalled by the others. This paralyzed our ability to attack rather than any inability to rush you effectively. We brought SG to their knees rather quickly but stopped shortly thereafter due to a lack of steam and the imminent counter attacks. I'm not surprised you don't understand this since learning about basic units is, as you say, 'piss easy' but actually learning how to play the game effectively is another kettle of fish entirely. Also you personally don't have to be always contactable when you have 19 others members to back you up, not to mention 40 others who will retal for you when so ordered. The 'resistance' last round was essentially Chance/WH versus 3 much bigger alliances. This round it is 5 alliances versus 20 of us. Do you see the difference?

And one of the reasons you crushed the resistance because you had _all_ of your members ready to atleast send out and also imo, our tactics sucked.

And having the ability to know when the resistance is going to strike was the main factor in us being online. We weren't all out and about doing our thing, got a text/prank and suddenly rushed home to play. We were sitting there waiting because we knew the general time a strike was imminent. That's good intelligence and good planning.

Admittedly, your tactics were appalling but that isn't anything to be surprised about from the ex TBA alliances. Your tactics last round were appalling also.

And ofc there are ppl who are active that sucks, but when uve learned the game it's more about what i wrote. And whats up with calling me a retard`? Did it make you feel better:D

Again that's not entirely true; being active and contactable is only useful in a defensive scenario, being skillful requires being able to steal land, trick people, launch clever attacks and deceive your opponents. There is more to this game than simple contactability and activity. Some day you might find out what it is.

Can't have you going around masquerading as an intelligent member of the Homo Sapiens species when you're clearly not. Good day to you sir. ;)

alexx

Harvester
you were too weak to rush us effectively
What bullshit. Those people rushing TBA last round killed far more than they normally would rushing any other rank 1 ally (apart from ViruS in r13 perhaps :p).
And one of the reasons you crushed the resistance because you had _all_ of your members ready to atleast send out
Not all. I was uncontactable on holiday in Las Vegas (which you guys knew about and you didn't even try to rush me :-/).

yeah you killed us because we werent contactable, still you couldnt kill us off (i could often scare you off alone with my xxx amount of jeeps) because you were too weak because of the powerblock constantly suiciding/landfarm on you. See?

And about you not being contactable as far as ive understood we tried to attack you? I dont know your ID, you being in vegas. im just a sheep who sent where they told me to send.

alexx

Harvester
As for rushing: our Biker players thrashed your POM players so badly you guys stopped buying NLDs and just massed flak. how is that us failing to rush? As for being unable to take you guys down last round it has more to do with the fact that if WH sent on one ally we'd be immediately retalled by the others. This paralyzed our ability to attack rather than any inability to rush you effectively. We brought SG to their knees rather quickly but stopped shortly thereafter due to a lack of steam and the imminent counter attacks. I'm not surprised you don't understand this since learning about basic units is, as you say, 'piss easy' but actually learning how to play the game effectively is another kettle of fish entirely. Also you personally don't have to be always contactable when you have 19 others members to back you up, not to mention 40 others who will retal for you when so ordered. The 'resistance' last round was essentially Chance/WH versus 3 much bigger alliances. This round it is 5 alliances versus 20 of us. Do you see the difference?

Did i ever say that war huh/chance sucked? I actually wrote that you didnt win because of the powerblock which meant you couldnt attack us very effectively. With effectively i mean it didnt really matter, not that you didnt do any dmg.
[
Again that's not entirely true; being active and contactable is only useful in a defensive scenario, being skillful requires being able to steal land, trick people, launch clever attacks and deceive your opponents. There is more to this game than simple contactability and activity. Some day you might find out what it is.

yes, did emnity/fail/s2n/ailiphilia ever have problems to steal land?

Are we as contactable/active as you?

BuBbLeS

Harvester
i dont get why its so hostile :(

FAIL just FAILed and DA FAILed even more.

RRR are where they are due to the players skill to get there.

simple tbh

BuBbLeS

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Did i ever say that war huh/chance sucked? I actually wrote that you didnt win because of the powerblock which meant you couldnt attack us very effectively. With effectively i mean it didnt really matter, not that you didnt do any dmg.

You implied we couldn't bring you down because our rushes were weak. I was merely countering that claim.

yes, did emnity/fail/s2n/ailiphilia ever have problems to steal land?

Are we as contactable/active as you?

You will never win a war by being rock solid on defence unless it's combined with the ability to go offensively and rape your opponents into the ground. That is the combination of skill and activity, if you're active enough to steal land en masse with ally attacks, there's no excuse for being unable to defend actively. Period.

You stole land early on because you had spies who gave you IDs. Thus you rushed ahead at the start of the game and massed flak to mass more people while we teched and bought LETs and hit randoms/solos etc and then we beat you bloody. You also jumped on the bandwagon of the allies we killed or you massed 2:1 on smaller allies. That isn't skillful playing my good man, not by a long chalk.

Another point of order must be caddressed is that we had an excellent route setup for the long term but not for the early game; Twigley predictably massed PBs and POMs and so we went for armour and by the time the S2N battles came around we raped; which was also helped by them having a 'bad weekend' and not having organizers around. Luck and Skill play a large part in this, as in many other, games. Skillfully chosen route setup :p

Enmity, Fail and S2N are or were mostly contactable. Aili is also contactable although i'm not sure to the same degree since they aren't or weren't going 'FTW'.

alexx

Harvester
Enmity, Fail and S2N are or were mostly contactable. Aili is also contactable although i'm not sure to the same degree since they aren't or weren't going 'FTW'.

When you guys hit us i can tell you we didnt get more than 10 people online. But yes, your route setup > ours and our teches got ****ed due to that. meh muh t_t :eek:

Also: RapeRinseRepeat alliance members have been marked as online for the most amount of ticks.

You stole land early on because you had spies who gave you IDs.
We never had any spies afaik. Ailihphilias ID's were pretty easy to notice due to their name-theme...

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I havent read a single post from the above but I think I'm probably right by saying - you are all wrong

BuBbLeS

Harvester

When you guys hit us i can tell you we didnt get more than 10 people online.

Also: RapeRinseRepeat alliance members have been marked as online for the most amount of ticks.

shut up you noob. stop crying that your not at the top

BuBbLeS

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

dont fool urselves...

Pffft, RRR have more skill in thier pinky toes than you can imagine. Yes contactibilty and activity are way too important in this game. But to discount the sheer amount of experience and knowledge that is in that team makes you seem like an absolute fool.

alexx

Harvester

When you guys hit us i can tell you we didnt get more than 10 people online.

shut up you noob. stop crying that your not at the top

BuBbLeS

im not. rrr deserve their rank1 spot. i just dont understand the need to flame the other allys when its _mostly_ due to their activity/contactability. The difference isnt as HUGE as some you seem to think.

Yes rrr have probably had the better tactics for 1v1/defense but i doubt there were 20 ppl discussing the tactics when you sent at enmity/s2n/fail or deciding the route setup.

BuBbLeS

Harvester
tbh alex just stop posting. you are a noob. nothing more and nothing less. go play a game like tic tac toe. you may do well or you will be a noob still

all i can say is noob when i see your name. that cant be good can it??

BuBbLeS