• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

RPG Route

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
A bit too useless at the start. It's my first time going RPG, maybe I'm just playing it horribly wrong but shocks, alright you can't really kill anything but flak so I'll keep em on defense. After I finish snipers I do the same thing with them. Then I could Humvee rush.... which wouldn't really kill very much so maybe i'll just buy some to flak my flak killers. Then finally after that I can get RPG.

Bottom line it's way too slow to develop. Everyone else has Gargs and PB's and I'm waiting for 2 days to finish Snipers, which are going to be just as useless as shocks attacking wise. Sure they are great for defense vs flak, but the flak wars are long gone. PA's are out and I'm stuck shocking......

Just wondering everyone else's thoughts.

lavadog

Head Gardener
maybe you just bought too many shocks and therefore delayed your teching too much?

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Shocks are awesome, why do you think Petrols are so good, but Shocks are not?

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I've been saying rpg route needs a boost since begining of the round i was playing bunkers :p
Strikers offer nice AD and they suffer much smaller looses compared to RPG plus they deliver AD after PA which cleans some of the cheap let flak.
Tho i'm not entirely sure about boosting the rpg unit i'd say shocks can use a boost. (At least a nld&nlt damage bonus and/or survability to help in the early wars).

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
It's not that I think Shocks are bad. They are great vs flak. But that's it. They are good vs. different things. I want to be able to attack something, and I can't. Sure I can send them on an attack and I can win overall, but the losses don't really make it worth it imo. I hit an officer with a 3:1 ratio of shocks for his officers but I only did 2x more damage because officers target Let/All

Like I said shocks are great in the flak wars, but now that PBs, Gargs, PA's are floating around they can't do very much.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
It's not that I think Shocks are bad. They are great vs flak. But that's it. They are good vs. different things. I want to be able to attack something, and I can't. Sure I can send them on an attack and I can win overall, but the losses don't really make it worth it imo. I hit an officer with a 3:1 ratio of shocks for his officers but I only did 2x more damage because officers target Let/All

Like I said shocks are great in the flak wars, but now that PBs, Gargs, PA's are floating around they can't do very much.

You claim PB are so great yet Shocks suck? Go compare the two units...

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
I'm not saying either suck. I'm saying you can't do very much with shocks. I've tried hitting a mili, didn't go too well. Hit a sorc too but all that happened 1st tick was I killed his flak, but can't stay 2nd tick because of witches. Maybe there is some route out there I am just completely neglecting?

No it's not the worst. It's pretty bad early game and slow to build up. Strikers are slow too, but at least you get grens which are pretty useful imo.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Shocks can be a great asset if you bother to invest in them. As others already have stated they are quite similar to PBs, and they do the job quite well. They can be a nasty surprise in a battle given you take out the flak before them, and they're a ***** to flak through.

Now, at this stage you wont clear the flak before they fire, but you still have one more tick to clear blockers. Of course you are going to run into losses if you attack LET targetting units, but that's true with PBs as well. Bottom line, choose your targets.

As for Snipers: ever seen what they do to ninjas? They rape pure HP units, and they are far from useless. Most people skip them to rush RPGs and save up for those, but they can be used with quite some efficiency if you care to choose your targets properly.

You will be walked over by some routes (as we all are), and you can demolish others. RPGs are not meant to be a strong early route, but they can be quite strong if you bother to invest in it. If you don't you've chosen to lie in wait for your routes better days, and you'll have to pay the price.

As it stands it's below par compared to strikers. Mostly because of the amounts of thugs/SA/vamps out there, but they could use a small buff, and the strikers could use a small nerf. But I digress. They are not useless, neither shocks nor snipers.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I'm not saying either suck. I'm saying you can't do very much with shocks. I've tried hitting a mili, didn't go too well. Hit a sorc too but all that happened 1st tick was I killed his flak, but can't stay 2nd tick because of witches. Maybe there is some route out there I am just completely neglecting?

No it's not the worst. It's pretty bad early game and slow to build up. Strikers are slow too, but at least you get grens which are pretty useful imo.

It seems like a problem of player skill, rather than a broken route.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the RPG route. I think DS is talking bollocks as well. The RPG route only takes more losses if you attack badly. RPGs are half the price of strikers with similar damage, and fire before any other unit in the game. Most attacks I did last round I took somewhere between 0 and 100 bil losses, while doing between 1 and 2 tril.

In my opinion the RPG route is 100% fine.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
You're talking from a solo perspective that has the luxury of picking majority of his fights ? I was talking in general which includes mass defence/attacks inside alliance ..

That's why i said i'm not sure about boosting rpg unit since it would make the route overpowered in 1:1 attacks that you carefully pick, but imo insinde an alliance mass strikers have a much easyer ride since they don't get demolished first tick but are actually one of the last units to die.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
toby was allied when he did all those attacks DS. Nice try tho.... And i'm sure he participated in mass defence/attacks as well. Can't speak for certain since we weren't in the same ally; but he certainly wasn't entirely solo. :p I'm equally scared of RPGs/Strikers in large alliance battles since the early firing of RPGs balances out the heavily armoured behaviour of strikers.

EDIT: DS, you wrote it as a statement and simply adding a question mark to the end does not make it a question ;)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
It was a question. And if you read carefully you can see he is talking ONLY about attacks and only about those he carefully picked to do 1:20 damage. Nice try tho.
I doubt he did 1:20 in mass defence ?

EDIT: DS, you wrote it as a statement and simply adding a question mark to the end does not make it a question ;)

How can i make a statement about him playing solo when i have no clue what id he was playing last round ? I was saying he is talking about a part of the battles an average rpg player takes part in and it's only the very juicy targets you can win 20:1 while we all know there is alot more than that.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
You're talking from a solo perspective that has the luxury of picking majority of his fights ? I was talking in general which includes mass defence/attacks inside alliance ..

That's why i said i'm not sure about boosting rpg unit since it would make the route overpowered in 1:1 attacks that you carefully pick, but imo insinde an alliance mass strikers have a much easyer ride since they don't get demolished first tick but are actually one of the last units to die.

I think it's pretty well balanced. Strikers are stronger defensively, but RPGs absolutely demolish targets 1 vs 1, usually without any losses.

Also, Alci, the early firing of RPGs isn't always a good thing in big BRs as they fire on every unit there before any are killed off, and a lot of their power is wasted.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
And also you might be scared of both in equal messure, but if you where on the other side and you'd have to choose between beeing the striker or rpg which one you'd like ? To deal damage before PA and poms, spread your damage between all the units present there and take a beating after or to fire after the PA and poms took many cheap units out of the way and you deal damage to the stronger units which might be heavily armored and take one of the least damage from all defenders ?

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
rpg route rocks socks.

shocks kills everything: fun
snipers kill lots: Fun
humvee's rush good: FUn
Rpg are a blast against anything armourish: FUN
recruitment offs give you lots of units: FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN!

guess what my verdict is?