• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Make War declarations a "World Event"

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Simple as really. Would be nice if declarations of war appeared on everyones news, just to make the actual act a bit more, "emphatic".

War, of the in-game, formal nature, should be a bigger deal to the playerbase as a whole. IMO.

Possibly something to think about when AHQs are refurb'd.

Changer

Head Gardener
I don't really agree with this tbh. Will only encourage others to get involved and then it will no longer be a war between two alliances (I know others get involved all the time, but this will only increase this effect). I just think it will keep people from declaring war (not that it happens much atm anyway)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Pooossssibllllyyyy. Though I would have thought anyone with the power/strength to impact on the war itself would know about it regardless of a news feed?

Changer

Head Gardener
Depends on what sort of ranks your talking about. Say rank 2 ally declares on rank 3. I'm sure most people would know about this. But could the same be said for a rank 15 alliance declaring against a rank 16?

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Pooossssibllllyyyy. Though I would have thought anyone with the power/strength to impact on the war itself would know about it regardless of a news feed?
...which sort of makes this suggestion pointless then?

If alliance wars only concern alliances with enough power to know about the wars, then why would the rest of the playerbase particularly care..?

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I agree with this if the suggestion that "locks" to warring alliances to only war eachother is implemented. If not it's just asking for interference of the bad kind..

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
...which sort of makes this suggestion pointless then?

If alliance wars only concern alliances with enough power to know about the wars, then why would the rest of the playerbase particularly care..?

As I said in my first post this suggestion isn't "asking" for people to interfere. I for one would be interested to know what alliance has declared war on another - and at the moment when that happens its not always made public by someone posting a war declaration on the forums. I don't expect you to care, you don't play :p?

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I like the idea, wars should be declared. As Dachi said, there should be things in place to stop the bandwaggon being jumped on, but the basic idea is good.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I like the agree too. I dont think there will be a great effect of people joining in. But i guess we could try it out and see hoe it goes.

I would like to see when an alliance declares war, it would make the game twice as interesting for me due to my inactivity. I could just watch some allies spill some blood from a few spy reports

Matt

Harvester
hmm i disagree if rank 2 vs rank 3 are at war not many people will jump in on this. but say if rank 9 and 10 go to war you'll get people in above allys using this as a chance to get easy steals/kills everyone being aware that 2 allys are at war you would not only get allys but also solos launching.

I mean for one i would defo hit an ally i knew was at war with another ally. being a solo it would make it easier for me to maximise my gains and minimise my losses

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Perhaps instead of a news event, a page that lists all war declarations which is silently updated? That way anybody interested can check it out, but it's not forced on the user, confusing/worrying them before they click the 'News' link.

Changer

Head Gardener
Id be more inclined towards that method, maybe with a delay of x hours before the page is actually updated with specific wars

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I remember in round 25 when G-Pols was about ... and when Pestif declared on Enigma it came up on g pols ... and then i declared on Pestif.

Was fun and felt like it was bringing it all together and official.
So i like this

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Sounds reasonable Weeble, something on the "Alliances" page maybe?

StormyWaters

Planter
Why not allow the alliance to decide whether or not to publicly declare war or privately declare war?

Turnip2k

Harvester
A post-war report would also be pretty nice.

Once a war is over, some sort of log is kept of all the fighting. You can see who did what damage on each day of the war, see how it progressed. No ID's, just somthing like 'On day 1 of the war, ally X killed £xxxxxx value of ally Y staff, stole xxx land etc... Day 2..........'.

May be pretty simple, but it would give people an idea of how close the war actually was.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
or maybe have a couple enterprising people become official ingame reporters... give them access to the gpols like the helpers had... only the reporters would have the global pols features and then could use the dumpdata files to compile non biased reports of battle damage and land loss?

I've never seriously sifted through the dumpdata so I don't know what kind of info can be gleaned, but depending on what is there and since it's on a delay... it would be like the news... reporting after the fact (so no initial bandwagonning) and a supposed 'objective' view of the rounds happening based on data available and the spice would be the color commentary from the reporters.

me for editor in chief

Last edited: