• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Staff Labour

AdrianB93

Beginner
In bushtarion, your running a business, so shouldnt you choose how you hire your staff?
For example, You can have casual, full time, slave labour, migrant work, etc

Just say you hired x amount of staff under:
casual, they would be slow and bad at their job.
full time, they work well but are useless for some of the of the year (holiday).
slave labour, works extremely well but they die off
migrant work, Excelent and cheap but you should get attacked by the govt

it's just an idea, what does everyone think?

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Great idea in theory but I have a feeling it would add a rather large degree of unnecessary complexity! As such, not likely to happen :(

Garrett

Landscape Designer
just remember in suggesting things like types of workers/etc with the underlying principle that a certain hiring technique/applications of suggestions like these are to boost your production/cash right?

remember whatever you give to yourself in a suggestion, you give to all. the bigger players will also have access and get bigger faster too... so the suggestion of giving yourself more cashflow is silly because it will be all for naught and won't help you in the slightest

Tombi

Harvester
This could work in the way that the better workers are more expensive and the cheapers ones unreliable so you have to have to find a mid point inbetween to get the most bang for your buck but imo this isn't really suitable....for this game atleast.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
A very interesting suggestion, but I'm inclined to agree with Weeble that it adds an unnecessary level of complexity.

Matthew

BANNED
Adding complexity to a game this simple is needed. Not sure if this is a suggestion I would like to see implemented to tackle this, but there is no complexity to this game whatsoever for a lot of more experienced players.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I definately like the idea behind it, the game provides very few tactics to choose from .. your route and alliance war mode are the options, rest it's player tactics.

Matt

Harvester
i like the idea, but it would just make the bigger players better n the smaller players worse,

as someone said the better workers cost more, that just makes it harder for the smaller people,

This is an Idea someone can take onboard juggle it around abit n come up with something

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Its not bad, but like some people have said, it unecessarily complex.

I dont want to have to choose what type of workers i buy, its just more juggling. Juggling between other units is enough for me.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Kinda like the concept, adding more complexity to the game could improve gameplay for the old players...

BUT unfortunately i think this would simply make the game too confusing for newer players that join (and we need em!!! ;)).

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I tend to agree, DS. There should be more paths.. but how would you balance this out so that it wouldn't only be "one way"?