Solo Play

Nagash

Weeder
So i have started playing this game this round as a solo, admittedly i started half way through the round but anyway. Ive read alot of the manual and tried to get as much advice on route setups and a better understanding of the game from the forums. Recently i have come up against a few aspects of the game that are more than just an inconvenience to solo play. I am being flakked by millions of tractors. There is no conceivable way of dealing with them for a solo player. I have noticed alot of the top players simply have an army of gardeners and tractors. Isnt this a war game?

So thus i lose my land to the tractor armies, which i have no perceivable way of dealing with or stopping. This is not a problem as i can steal more land. Or so i thought, i cannot realistically attack alliances with flak (im bunkers) so i have to prey on solos. I cannoy steal any land if friends of the solo players are persistently and deliberately triggering government defence on my targets.

Currently i am finding solo play to proove very dofficult for me. I enjoy playing alone, everyone is my enemy, at least this is my perception seeing as its a war game.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
So i have started playing this game this round as a solo, admittedly i started half way through the round but anyway. Ive read alot of the manual and tried to get as much advice on route setups and a better understanding of the game from the forums. Recently i have come up against a few aspects of the game that are more than just an inconvenience to solo play. I am being flakked by millions of tractors. There is no conceivable way of dealing with them for a solo player. I have noticed alot of the top players simply have an army of gardeners and tractors. Isnt this a war game?

So thus i lose my land to the tractor armies, which i have no perceivable way of dealing with or stopping. This is not a problem as i can steal more land. Or so i thought, i cannot realistically attack alliances with flak (im bunkers) so i have to prey on solos. I cannoy steal any land if friends of the solo players are persistently and deliberately triggering government defence on my targets.

Currently i am finding solo play to proove very dofficult for me. I enjoy playing alone, everyone is my enemy, at least this is my perception seeing as its a war game.

if they send a lot of their own armies, just stay, and they will wipe themselves out :mrgreen: i sooo would

im in same boat as you. But im just too inactive to get my land back. So i dont get attacked much. There is not much you can do about it really...

You could go SA or something next round, with the sole purpose of zeroing anyone you can, and not give a **** about finishing outside 300, and continuously piss off the top (or any alliance) by continuously sending stealth mobs at all their members........actually, is tempting myself :D

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Bunker route is one of the easiest to stop tractor incomings with. You just need more practice and perhaps advices.

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me.

OK,

there is 2 ways ppl can steal land from you as playing solo. As i see it.

Either you get raped or u get flakked. Most of the time these are the cases. As a solo player you got AR hence its gonna be harder to kill you than to flak you.

Now what you can do is to focus on stopin flak attacks or getting killed. I find the best way to survive as solo is to focus on stopping flak attacks since most of the time Ar will protect from getting zeroed or killed.

You say ppl come with tractors and flak you, yes thats very gay and most of the time you cant do anything because thats how this game goes. Bigger players will always have that advantage that they can buy enough flak to take a land hit you. Dosnt matter how good you are or how high your AR is, you can still be flakked and loose land to bigger players. AR is just there so you cant get zeroed not to protect your land. Yes it is very gay that it is like that. But anyways you have to remeber that it is much harder to kill you than to take land from you.

So focus on stopping flak attacks than the let attacks. That way less ppl will be able to attact you. Since you have the AR as your protection against let attacks but not agasint flak attacks.

And another thing you probably should know is to have enough sweepers. dosnt matter if you have 200millions of sg traps if you dont have enough inn targeting unit firing after those traps. And remeber that landstealer units can flak your sweepers too if you dont have enough of them.

Ok hope this helps a bit.

and remeber that you always can be flakked by bigger players. Foxx advices cant help you there, what he can help you with is how to make it harder for bigger players to flak you.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
and remeber that you always can be flakked by bigger players. Foxx advices cant help you there, what he can help you with is how to make it harder for bigger players to flak you.

Hypothetically yes. For a skilled player who is a top alliance and doesn't need to buy anything else than different types of flak and hoard land, yes, such player will always find a way to flak you. Having in mind the extreme lack of skill in 90% of T(a)B+A's players, I can surely say that my advices will be enough.

Tombi

Harvester
Nagash, i know your id ingame..i attacked you the other day with tractors :p your problem is you don't have enough blockers/sweepers to take the rest of the mob, your sentries do a good enough job of killing the gardeners and some geos but the tractors remain virtually untouched because they are heavily armored and your hippys/yobs have no way of stopping them, what you need is sleeping gas traps, because they are not LET's they are difficult to kill and if you have enough you can stop large amounts of troops.
I suggest for whats left of this round you buy alot less sentries/bunkers and buy alot more sleeping gas traps or SGTs for short :) and im sure F0xx will give you some good advice :)

Nagash

Weeder
ok well thanks for your help but i dont think at this late point in the round it will help. Sexeh grannies have decided that losing 1.5 trillions worth of troops this late in the round is worth it for 1 thousand land. Seems a bit odd to me but then again im new to this.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
If you are looking for any kind of logic within either SG or the whole TBA... well you just wont find it.

Dosnt matter if you are noob or not or play in an ally or whatever. Ppl can still flak boost each other and stuff like that. So no skills can help one when ppl are working togheter. Because thats whats most ppl do in this game help each other when they cant do it on their own.

And when you play on your own you will get more attacks on you. OK

So it stinks when there is nothing you can do against it. NO SKILLS CAN HELP. Only way to improve my rank to the top will be to nap with someone and increase my gaming time. OK. I dont want that.

I know you want that but i dont. I like to do it on my own and not be in need of someone else. OK. And I dont care what you think of that cause I will still try. OK

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Bunker route is one of the easiest to stop tractor incomings with. You just need more practice and perhaps advices.

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me.

bah, if they have enough tractors, there is no way to stop them. Which usually is the case when attacking at 30% ect

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Tractors are easy to block. Once they start briging gurus or even worse, small droids, then it gets REALLY annoying ;)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Tractors are easy to block. Once they start briging gurus or even worse, small droids, then it gets REALLY annoying ;)

lol, so true about those small droids. But how do you block tractors then, if its easy?

rooney

Head Gardener
was it hippies then? i forget. has been ages since ive been big enough to be troubled bye tractor flak lol i remember something about basics being the best defence against tractor flak

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Either way, it doesnt really matter. Because it is quite easy to use gardeners to protect the geos from the hippies. I wouldnt send 200,000 geos with no INN flak to someone with a few mill hippies. Obviously