Azzers reply

lavadog

Head Gardener
^ not so much the game imo, altho you could argue that it has a very negative effect on the community, which will find it's way into the game too.

All in all, I agree that there's been way too much focus on the "bad things" happening in the past and waaaay too many conspiracy theories. It's like everybody who doesn't have it their way automatically reasons : Azzer + Money = Abuse. Most of the times this is backed up very poorly with hearsay and the likes.

Regarding Azzer's slowness in reacting to certain things, don't forget that this game runs on a one man company and is therefore restricted organization wise. Imo it wouldn't be bad if Azzer somehow hired one extra person, who can take of the planning and community aspects of the game, so he can focus full time on the coding aspect of the game. Especially with the advertising coming up (time consuming job, trust me), I'm afraid the workload might be too big to carry for one man. The fact that you, Azzer, have to take care of every single aspect by yourself, takes a lot of time away from allowing you to do what you do best, and that is coding. Maybe you can outsource the community work to an Indian, gets the job done cheap and proper :p Globalization ftw.

Just my two cents.

Matthew

BANNED
If it was really important Matthew, it wouldn't be in spam. This thread isn't surviving past the round. Spam is regularly cleaned/deleted.

el oh el.

Well the fact is it is affecting a lot. The initial post was spam-ish and then it deviated onto a far more important point.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
well all the previous noise I skimmed over. my only point is that azzer should know that some of his behavior contributes to what's wrong. and if it's truly the same about conspiracy theories round after round, why did he wait now to publicly rant.

it's all too little too late, and he should just worry on improving the game. him coming here and venting doesn't do that. just opens up for more of the same bullshit. however, he won't see it that way.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
I think the biggest problem is that we can't see inside Azzer's head. When there's blatant cheating going on, and you hear people saying that the cheaters are big BC purchasers, and there's already rumors about Azzer playing favorites, one comes to certain conclusions. And when Azzer doesn't defend himself, these things spiral. Whatever goes on behind the scenes, I think a great deal of good would be done if Azzer was more active in telling us what is going on with cheaters and the like, to create the perception that everything is on the up and up and that he is addressing these problems with the urgency they deserve, even if they already are.

Ranzou

Harvester
srsly

ysosrs2.jpg

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Unfortunately, from experience over the years, once a "conspiracy/belief" has started, me refuting/denying/arguing it generally tends to make people that believed the original conspiracy go "Oh look, Azzer's desperate to claw his way out of this one now, that just proves he's got something to hide!" - this has happened and does happen. Likewise if I just ignore it, the result is "oh look he's trying to hide from it!"

The fact is that by their very nature, you can't really stop a conspiracy - Once people want to believe something, they make the facts fit their belief, not the other way around. And that's true of all things like this in life, not just conspiracies...

It's just a case of relying on the level-headed people outnumbering the insane people :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Stop saying my name fan bois it just makes me happy.

And i think nearly all of my alliance bar a few, havnt bought a single credit this round ... we won them all on CTF :)

Was 8 TBA members that won the PW afterall ;)

Garrett

Landscape Designer
if i say your name 3 times while looking in a mirror in the dark at midnight, do you appear and take away my powerblock privileges? :(

timtadams

Landscape Designer
If it was really important Matthew, it wouldn't be in spam. This thread isn't surviving past the round. Spam is regularly cleaned/deleted.

el oh el.

Well the fact is it is affecting a lot. The initial post was spam-ish and then it deviated onto a far more important point.

Exactly, and a lot of people can read the thread before the round ends.

/me regerts making this thread now :(

Dont feel bad :) Its not your fault that some people cant let go of their unfounded or misconceived theories.

Unfortunately, from experience over the years, once a "conspiracy/belief" has started, me refuting/denying/arguing it generally tends to make people that believed the original conspiracy go "Oh look, Azzer's desperate to claw his way out of this one now, that just proves he's got something to hide!" - this has happened and does happen. Likewise if I just ignore it, the result is "oh look he's trying to hide from it!"

The fact is that by their very nature, you can't really stop a conspiracy - Once people want to believe something, they make the facts fit their belief, not the other way around. And that's true of all things like this in life, not just conspiracies...

It's just a case of relying on the level-headed people outnumbering the insane people :p

Honestly, when i first heard of it, i thought it may be true. But then Azzer comes in and BAM!. Now i cant argue with that. Azzer is the only one making sense here which is why i believe him.

I think that most people will realise this too.

And in conclusion...

Twigley