• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Tiered Developments - Adding Tactical Dimension

Turnip2k

Harvester
Ok, so if the base techs cost alot of money, and your ally is having a quiet time (not much incoming, no imminent war etc...) you can probably afford to do them then. Then, when your ally is having a tough time, you will have all the base developments done, leaving the cheaper unit developments to do. This will mean you wont have to save up as much money in one lump sum to get the better units - being a preferable position just before wartime (although you wont be able to stockpile the units, so will have to plan this into pre war strategy).

Last edited:

No-Dachi

Official Helper
So the only difference is you wont have to stockpile as much money?

I think I get it, and I can clearly see where you want to go with this suggestion, but tbh, I can't really see it changing anything.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I like the idea of increasing mid round play, tiering system is an original way to deal with this problem of early units dying out too soon, along with early/midd route dev tactics.

unfortunately i have to agree though it would be nice, the 3 tiers, having to first of all have tech times and prices, and the ability to know what tier a tech is on. adds a whole level of extra complication even before you try and get the experience of does a tier 2 ninja beat a tier 1 pb, or is the pb still a bit to suprisingly armour heavy. etc etc,

also before you could effectively gauge how far teched stealth was, looking at the tech time of thier last dev(polo addon ff) and the manual, told you what they have or dont have. this three tier system would drastically affect this and throw everything off balance . not to mention knowledge of what units are like vs eachother. but I just dont think this suggestion is a simple enough answer to the problem

ps. not to mention the sodding best ratios page having to be completely overhauled. lol

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I personally dont like this at all.
I'm more in favour of simplifying alot of the techs / developments for newer players rather than making it harder to understand.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
would rather see techs unleashed at stages of the game... you can only tech up to 'x' from start to 'y' days. then tech up more from 'y'days to 'z' days.

i guess then azzer runs into the problem of punit purchase by delaying?

but really any attempt at extending early to mid game by slowing down techs or introducing more units will also delay punit purchase.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
would rather see techs unleashed at stages of the game... you can only tech up to 'x' from start to 'y' days. then tech up more from 'y'days to 'z' days.

but really any attempt at extending early to mid game by slowing down techs or introducing more units will also delay punit purchase.

Maybe charge a BC to gain quick access for next dev?

Garrett

Landscape Designer

well then you start taking the free away and the ones with money would gain a decided advantage then those without bc purchasing power. not to mention that i believe you cannot purchase a grouping of bc's any less than 5. unless it changed and i missed it (as I only purchase the punit and not every round).

a quick solution, but a costly one.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

well then you start taking the free away and the ones with money would gain a decided advantage then those without bc purchasing power. not to mention that i believe you cannot purchase a grouping of bc's any less than 5. unless it changed and i missed it (as I only purchase the punit and not every round).

a quick solution, but a costly one.

i did realise the first point, i was kind thinking out loud. But i forgot about the 5 BC lower limit. I dont think it has changed