• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Injuries on all Generic Units

Max

Garden Designer
My suggestion is very simple;

Currently we are able to get injuries on all 'basic' units (i.e. any units that are available without developments).

My suggestion is that we extend this to allow any Generic unit to receive injuries.

The reason for this is that currently if you have combine harvesters and they get killed, they do not return until you get online to purchase some more with insurance money. If you can get harvesters with injuries I see no reason why combines should not also be allowed to become injured!!! :D

This way players that get hit overnight are still able to produce seeds while they sleep <3 And let's face it, combines are so much better to buy than harvesters :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Ummm We currently do get injury on basic units, Gards/harvs etc. We get insurance on other troops. This came in with age 5 :)

Yeah, he's saying we should get injuries on generic units (not just basics)...therefore with things like combines. So if someone is using combines rather than harvs and they get zeroed while they are offline then they will still get seeds once their combines return from injuries.

x

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
If we're implementing it for tractors/combines then no need to leave Geos out in the cold either...

f0xx

Landscape Designer
The point of the suggestion is that when someone gets zeroed not to be left for a long time without harvesters since in the later stages of the game most of the players buy combine harvesters instead of normal harvesters.

I find it quite logical and tend to agree.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I concur, it would appear I always do with Sir Max's suggestions!

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
i reckon all innocents should get injuries, what about stealth harvestors? or cyborg gardeners?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i reckon all innocents should get injuries, what about stealth harvestors? or cyborg gardeners?

That's where i'd begin to draw the line since those units are exceptionally good flak and Insurance is good enough for those. *most* people don't use those units as actual gardies/harvies so the whole reasoning behind making INNs have injuries would be moot.

Tractors, combines, harvies, gardies, geos, wheelies should be enough. Even Hippys and yobs isn't *really* necessary; but ain't all that harmful either.

Souls

Official Helper

That's where i'd begin to draw the line since those units are exceptionally good flak and Insurance is good enough for those. *most* people don't use those units as actual gardies/harvies so the whole reasoning behind making INNs have injuries would be moot.

Tractors, combines, harvies, gardies, geos, wheelies should be enough. Even Hippys and yobs isn't *really* necessary; but ain't all that harmful either.

I draw the line at "Generic", as in a unit everyone can get regardless of route.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

What would be the usefulness of that? As alcibiades said, people use those units mainly as flak. If my flak died overnight, I would prefer it to stay dead and use the insurance to buy new flak once I got online. Otherwise some aapje could come in and kill my respawned flak, leaving me with even less flak than if I cashed the insurance.

On the suggestion of Max: Obviously a great idea, maybe not on the tractors though (and maybe convert the injury on gardeners, hippies and yobs to insurance, since there is no advantage of them respawning, only imho a disadvantage of them getting killed a second time :().