Do "Wings" ruin gameplay? | R30

Do "Wings" ruin gameplay? | R30

• Total voters

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
[edit by DA 28th/2]

My suggestion has now been retracted as people have just used this thread as another means of having a go at the current powerblock. I should have seen that coming tbh.

This is now a just a poll, as per the question above. (Moved to Discussions for this reason)

Last edited:

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Well if I am playing next round, I know what group I will be playing with. I/we are very much against any wings. If we have to face any wings we would temp NAP (I guess) to hit the wings early and break the sNAP between us and the other alliance(s) as soon as possible.

Two wrongs do not make a right and it's something I wouldn't do unless facing 3 alliances again (as facing 2 alliances vs our one is just a nice challenge ;))

*signs no wings pact*

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
What might be worth doing, is sticking the "NWP" in Politics, just to make it a bit more solid/formal.

Something along the lines of

Thread name:
No Wings Pact: Round 31

-

We the undersigned, hereby promise not to create or involve ourselves in - any form of winged-alliance organisation.

(and so forth)

If I break this pact I will be slated for eternity by my peers, and rightfully so :)P)

-

Or something.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
tbh, it's only you guys who had the problem of fighting alone, BW justified it by only doing it because you did. (I think he likes having wings anyway). But I doubt he would do it if there were no others wings.

So you sort it amongst yourselves, I think by now you have realised our opinion on it.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
tbh, it's only you guys who had the problem of fighting alone, BW justified it by only doing it because you did. (I think he likes having wings anyway). But I doubt he would do it if there were no others wings.

So you sort it amongst yourselves, I think by now you have realised our opinion on it.

I can't honestly see no wings being made next round, without some kind of agreement not to.

There are going to be winged alliances of at least two. Given that people will be scared others are doing that, and will want something in place.

Thats just IMO.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
The group i'm with next round (if i don't quit for a while) wouldn't do a power block.

If they did, i would find another alliance. End of

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Yes I like to have wings... It is fun to see a lot of people on IRC channel talking crap. (actual gaming side is much less important for me) But I wouldnt have done it this round without Twigs doing it, as this game simply lacks the playerbase for wings, bigger alliances etc. So I will sign this pact.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I can't honestly see no wings being made next round, without some kind of agreement not to.

There are going to be winged alliances of at least two. Given that people will be scared others are doing that, and will want something in place.

Thats just IMO.

With the **** and abuse you lot are getting?

IoF, Ogluk, Me/Polo, BW (probably) wouldn't do it. I don't see any other *power* other than yourself who could pull it off. If you don't powerblock, we won't team up early and kill you. Simple.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Still Martin, I'd be a bit peeved if I commited to *not* involving myself in a powerblock next round, then a prominent leader, or indeed a complete randomer, powerblocks' up' and the same thing happens again.

(Because I admit it sucks to be constantly bashed, everyone knows that, and for this round I'm on the bashing side. But if I decide I wanna stick to single alliance next round, after all the crap TBA have taken this round - and someone makes a powerblock, it'll prove that you might as well try and get yourself into a big, organised alliance - because if you don't someone else will and you'll just get owned all round.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Ironically you seem to be the one most scared of it happening again, get over yourself you wuss!!

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
End of the day, if you join a single alliance next round and someone forms another powerblock (which i cant see happening unless TBA do it again) and your alliance gets bashed ridiculously...You kind of only have yourself to blame.

The whole point of this thread is because your scared that someone will do it next round, as you can see peronally they are bad and stagnating the game. Your worried about what wings are going to do to the game. Maybe its too late to worry about it now, because you guys have already caused a knock on affect.

Lets be honest this round was going to be awesome, for the first time in ROUNDS we had more than 3 FTW alliances and you guys messed it right up! I would be surprised if we get that many FTW alliances again for a while.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'm not scared, lol.

I'll be in a FTW alliance next round regardless.

I'm just saying, there's going to be a lot of people at the end of this round thinking "Hmm, let's do what TBA did"

-

And that kind of thinking is going to leave us in the same place next round as we're in now.

-

I'm not scared of a powerblock I'm not involved in, I'm just recognizing that a lot of people don't like blocks and am trying to think of a way to erase them.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
You've made your bed so sleep in it. - If it happens you have yourselves to blame

If it happens, i hope you don't gripe and moan about it!

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You've made your bed so sleep in it. - If it happens you have yourselves to blame

By that reasoning BW is responsible for the current powerblock (because he's had them in the past)?

Thats a piss poor argument tbh, I for one won't be held accountable for future powerblocks :/

No-Dachi

Official Helper
That was surely not the point DA. I think he meant that if you get bashed by powerblocks next round you have deserved it. Just as ViruS deserved the bashing we received r10.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
You're making an issue where there isn't one.
Contrary to some of the bellyaching, power blocks of this sort are actually quite a rarity. I can think of 3-4 rounds max where it's happened in the last 5 years. I'm afraid most people realise it's a pretty shitty thing to do and don't do it. It never needed an official agreement in the rounds before, don't see why one is needed now. Hell maybe I'm over optimistic but I'd like to think it's going to remain a rarity.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You're making an issue where there isn't one.

Again.

All I'm saying is that there is now a decent possibility a number of people will arrange wings next round.

If there isn't fair enough, but as it stands I can see it happening.

Steve_God

Official Helper
I won't be involved in creating one next round, as I won't be leading next round (don't have the time next round for the leadership stuff).

If it happens, I know what's needed to advice whoever my leader will be to take one down ;)