Ratios

littleguy

Digger
Hi this is my first round and im not sure how the maths works I took a look at the unit stats and tabs but im still a bit confused like how can a unit that does 1 damage manage to get a 1:3 ratio

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
1 * doesn't mean 1 point of damage/health and 5 * doesn't mean 5 points of damage/health.

The stars represent a range of different values. So 1 * may mean 1-10 "points", 2 * may mean 11-100 "points" etc. They're just there to give an idea of how strong units are.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
You cant, nobody knows them except for azzer.

Some units (e.g gargantua, t-rex) do insane amounts of damage but may only have 1 star more damage than a unit which appears to kill allot let. There is no upwards value on the ranges that we know of.

just realised that second bit might not make sense....basically there isnt anywhere you'll find the ranges, and the only real way to know what kind of damage certain units will do (or ratios against each other) is to just play the game for a bit)

littleguy

Digger
ah k i guess that makes it a bit more interesting. Is the damage rating given ie 2 for officers in the upper bracket for all 3 of his attacks or is it 2* because the collective sum of his attack equals a damage of 2*

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Very intelligent question, I had to read it twice to understand it though!

No, the damage relates to what it would do in one tick of battle. So, using the example of an Officer - it would do its two stars of damage per tick, lukily it fires all 3 ticks which is always nice.

May I advise using IRC?
You can easily throw questions out there and meet the community who play. Posting on forums is fine but it means we can reply in real time and you may get more out of it:

Simply click the 'Live Chat' link on your menu ingame.

littleguy

Digger
yea sorry about that had trouble wording my question
joined up now thanks I think its now up to a little trial and error i also must say stealing land off of protesters is a complete *****.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
yea sorry about that had trouble wording my question
joined up now thanks I think its now up to a little trial and error i also must say stealing land off of protesters is a complete *****.

BUT, you don't lose anything. In my opinion stealing 1k acres off 3 Poms in the space of 4 hours, is better than stealing 1k off someone who kills all your flak in 1 hour.

Free land = free income.

Just takes more patience ;)

tomtree

Head Gardener
Ah k thanks man any idea where i can get those ranges ?

basically you just need to play the game and get some experience. it wont take too long before you get a decent idea of how good each unit is against other units, especially if you talk to other players and are in an alliance.

good luck for when the real round starts!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
As a note to any new players (i dont know if you are new? If so welcome :))

The ratios given in the "Best ratio" thread are often alot higher than you would normally find, hence them being "the best". So dont rely on your units getting those kinds of ratios in battle (and dont be annoyed when they done...lol). Also it doesnt state what kind of troops the ratios were gained against, (is it pure INN, a mix of LET and INN...pure Prot etc etc) so take them with a pinch of salt.

Good luck!

x

No-Dachi

Official Helper
The above posts sums it up pretty good. However, you might want to know that whereas the first 5 stars have a pretty consistent range (like for example 1= 1-99; 2= 100-199 etc) the sixth star is basically unlimited. Which is why you will see some units like Garguantua do immense damage.