• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Priviledges

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Perhaps a tick box for each separate priviledge for each member would be a better idea instead of those levels...

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Am i missing something here?

fox.jpg

Tick boxes for each seperate priviledge for each member?

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Security levels enable you to 'rank' different players in the alliance.
For example, you can assign all of your 'officers' in your alliance a certain security level (say 150 for this example), and all the 'members' a lower security level (say, 50). Now if you want to create 'officers only' threads, just set the from and to security level when creating the thread to 150 - that way, only people with a security level of 150 can view/reply.

I'm working on getting full write ups of these kinda things into the wiki but it's taking a bit more time than I'd have hoped!

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
255 is the highest that can be 'given' to anyone, but the leader will automatically be given 256 so no one can kick/modify his privileges.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Another question. Why is there a priviledge to see incomings? Should it be default thingy?

I mean, as someone in my ally posted, next thing we will have a priviledge to be able to send defence. Just looks silly to me.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Useful for people you're trying out in the alliance. You may not want them to see incomings as they might be a spai. Keep them from seeing who's getting hit hardest and relaying that information.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Another question. Why is there a priviledge to see incomings? Should it be default thingy?
I mean, as someone in my ally posted, next thing we will have a priviledge to be able to send defence. Just looks silly to me.

The incoming privelege is enabled by default, however the option is there incase somebody wants to run an "open ally", or is recruiting people he's not *totally* sure on trusting.

Basically - it's to give leaders an entirely new, and rather epic, level of customisation in how they run and manage their members & alliance. It's just an option "there if needed", that some allies may find useful for "open allies" etc. or even "temporary members", for whatever reasons.