age 5

brett

Planter
agreed it is lookin rather sexy

Last edited:

lavadog

Head Gardener
yes, some extra skins for the for the forum wouldn't hurt, but I bet that's pretty low priority as of right now

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I preferred the forums we just abandoned. i'd just gotten to figure them out, and didn't see a need for change. They seemed 'lighter' more open, and easier to navigate and clearer than vBulletin seems so far.

These ones seem far too crowded, cluttered and dark so far. Perhaps that can be altered with new skins; we'll just have to wait and see I guess. I'm just not used to vBulletin and i'm sure i'll catch on eventually(I hope?!); but so far it's one thing I'm not so keen on.

Everything else looks great so far, and I can't wait for a proper round to kick off! Great stuff Azzer, really well done.

Last edited:

Elderveld

Official Helper
I agree whit alci!, i just gotten used to the previous forums after it been updated again during the age 4.5 (??) update... took a while.

It should just be plain simple and not to big, its all to detailed, to much differtent colors and stuff!

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Yes, the older forum was better, for me atleast. As far as I know azzer though, we ain't getting it back.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
i bloody love the changes to alliances...the permissions structure is absolutely godly

You have outdone yourself Azzer!!!

x

Mattheus

Head Gardener
I don't understand anyone who says they'd "only just gotten used to the old forums". It's a forum, what's difficult about it? You click on topics, you read, you reply if needed. Not exactly brain surgery.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
It's rare enough to get two forums *exactly* alike. And most have different button placements, or button pics; so it's just another thing to get used to for no, obvious, reason. Like I said, I'll get used to it in time; I just didn't understand the need for change; other than 'the sake of change'.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
We need some new forum skins as these forums are UGLY!

tomtree

Head Gardener
Azzman i have to say that age 5 is teh s3x!!!

i mean that front page!
and the mob note facility is soooooo useful.

truly inspired!

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
The alliance permissions structure and notes idea is utterly great. I'm loving age 5 so far.

Lupus

Head Gardener
kinda missing the whole g-pols bull sh*t though as it was always fun watching ppl spam them and argue over petty things

timtadams

Landscape Designer
lol, i agree with Lupus, it was amusing to watch the spam in the gpols :p

An i agree with what Alci said too, i thought the old forums were fine, and these ones look pretty darn crap. Ofc, ill get used to it, and it will be fine, but we need some better skins! xD

Maybe a PHPBB skin!