Mini Tournament

Shadow

Harvester
Re: Mini Tournament

Martin said:
Cyrus said:
and everyone being solo wouldnt be as boring as hell? LOL!

Indeed, everyone being killable, noone to rely on others, individual skill being the main way an individual holds their rank.....

Yeah, so so so dull. [/sarcasm]

Please think outside the box ;)

im sorry but that is 1 of the most stupid things ive read all round if not my whole time in bushtarion. it will not be done by skill, it will be done by activity if everyone was solo lol if someone is active enoguh they would be close to unstoppable because they would jsut send out or buy up when ever they needed. save a few funds someone sends at you with enoguh to beat your current army, you buy up and slaughter them. where is the skill in being online some 16-20 horus a day?

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Shadow said:
Martin said:
Cyrus said:
and everyone being solo wouldnt be as boring as hell? LOL!

Indeed, everyone being killable, noone to rely on others, individual skill being the main way an individual holds their rank.....

Yeah, so so so dull. [/sarcasm]

Please think outside the box ;)

im sorry but that is 1 of the most stupid things ive read all round if not my whole time in bushtarion. it will not be done by skill, it will be done by activity if everyone was solo lol if someone is active enoguh they would be close to unstoppable because they would jsut send out or buy up when ever they needed. save a few funds someone sends at you with enoguh to beat your current army, you buy up and slaughter them. where is the skill in being online some 16-20 horus a day?

25-33% of the day they are offline, only if they have a smart set-up will it deter people. Now, if we just learn to read properly instead of insulting logic; "the main way an individual holds their rank...." yes there are other variables, but not relying on others to contact you, and your own power of having a set-up to stop incoming and deter attacks is the main way to survive, you can stop incs, but you will generally always take losses. So you need to deter attacks, which means using your brain, analising others around you and making yourself ahead of others, but not an appetising target.
Darksider said a very clever thing (once) saying that solos are not overpowered, when they are, people will start hitting allied people over solos. It is easier to kill a solo, if it doesn't stagnate as long, then it is more interesting.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Actually, your logic seems a bit rubbish Hobbe :p

Martin was not explaining why people chose solo/ally play, he was explaining why people chose to attack solos over allied players.

The problem with solo is not when a player of average skill and activity plays as solos, the problem is when active and experienced players who play "solo" play as an alliance (or a group), triggering AR, piggying each other, massing alliances. The game mechanics allows some specific "abuses" which are VERY rarely punished by the admin. This plus the fact that there is very little skill and balls left in the game makes solo overpowered.

saint1d

Head Gardener

Well said Foxx, totally agree with Martin on that one.

Alliance play always requires a hell of a lot of time if you want to survive, smaller alliances cant offer the best protection 24/7, so people just get pissed off dying. I for sure will continue to register a solo account when I've decided to dedicate less time to the game, allowing me to spend a few active days here and there with troops alive to go killing people, not trying to rebuild troops all the time.

I'm sure that's what solo accounts are for, not grouping together for attacks, having joint #channels, or particularily for the "crack". If you want that join and allliance ffs!

CountZepplin

Pruner

Man, I leave for like a year and the arguments haven't changed... same sh*t, same people even :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Aye, thank you enriching our discussion with your meaningful comment CZ.

People don't change indeed. :roll:

saint1d

Head Gardener

CountZepplin said:
Man, I leave for like a year and the arguments haven't changed... same sh*t, same people even :p

It's called a discussion, people have opinions. ;)

timtadams

Landscape Designer

yeah, i bet he was a multi farming his accounts with some sort of bribing unit

saint1d said:
CountZepplin said:

It's called a discussion, people have opinions. ;)
Yeah, but there are other places for these opinions, like the gripes section, because it is only ever people complaining about it, and then it turns into a flame fest. Call it a discussion rather than an argument, but its still the same sh*t.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

I'm quite tired, sleep deprivated, paranoic about still loosing in this pw, so in the few ticks that theoretically the #1 is mathematically possible to be lost, i'll write The_Embassy story as i remember it :p

It all started with me poking twigs to make an alliance as i didn't quite knew who out there is forming an alliance that is aiming to win and well he was in reach i guess :p We struggled to find a proper name for a bit, obviously he wanted gay names while i wanted stuff related to flags .. guess who won :D
So while i was using my leftover braincells to think of a name for my company i cba anymore and picked a lame name to inflate beasteh's ego and jumped in the alliance :p
Hardly any big names, i recognized most names but i wasn't shocked with our startup line :p
And the round started .. with 1 tril funds :mad: That so ruined the first week of the pw !
So many noobs (including one in our alliance) spent their money on 4-5k acres, 100 mil or more gards and rest into basics. So many others rushed for basic lethals and with the money they had you couldn't commit a large flak mob anywhere as they could pull a Leeroy Jenkins moment and buy 5 mil shocks to blow your half day income. Everybody was hunting solo's and sent on the easyest targets again and again until they where too small or had better targets.
After 2 days all solo's got moved in allies and inevitably in each alliance there was at least one guy with many low level let so it was quite difficult to get any land without risking to take heavy looses. And it went quiet and booring for the whole first week. Also before alliances got locked we stole Elderved from Mycaka and kicked Nightmare who was cookie locked for 5 days.
Twig got petrols(late), bought 30 mil of them, stole a flag and went inactive :/
I don't remember all the details here but i know we got massed by Commies and Mycaka who basicly shared same bed all round, Prest and Zombies ocasionally and the cheating thais(many of them) at least once. We had all but 3 members killed (Myself, Elder and IamSmart). We lost so much land too. At one point i remember we had about 125k acres with #3 valuation while both Comm and Mycaka had 205-210k.
Mycaka who was running out of time as they had 50 FP and #1 value by far with just a few days to go had to make a move on our flag if they wanted a shot at #2 . I suspect Commies promised help to both Mycaka and Zombies to get #2 if they would help them bash us. From this time Zombies didn't attacked us en mass anymore, i guess they realised #2 can't go 2 ways and Mycaka who had much bigger valuation was the preffered alied for comm.
So commies sent spread attacks on us to draw defence and a few ticks later Mycaka went full force for our flag. We had almost all lethals in the ally defending that but still very scared by the valuation difference between us and them we didn't knew if we should stay or not. The good thing was that most of their valuation was into prots while we had quite alot of armour. In the end we decided to try our luck and we won by a large margin, something like 2.8 tril vs 7.5 tril damage dealt (after insurance). Right after this BR, Mycaka realised they are out of competition for FP and i guess they didn't put much into the round anymore.
Commies took full advantage of the extra acres and we had not a chance to fight them 1:1 and win. (note that until this point we didn't do any diplomacy as an alliance, our leader was bussy playing bf2042 or writting essays for uni so we had to deal with all the odds) :(
Then one day later surprise! Thais hit again and this time on the other side. JJ got killed and i think one more in comm. It was still very difficult to attack them 1:1 given the route setup of both allies and number of members so we couldn't do much still. We had a flag, they had a flag and mycaka had a flag if i remember right.
We kept low profile with our flag to secure #2 as i was pretty sure with our leftover troops and low land it would be a hard task even a #2 :p For unknown reasons Commies had just 1 flag all this time allowing us to be close to them by about 200 points. As we had #2 secured we went for Mycaka flag. Obviously Commies retalled on us and stole my flag :'( The retal was sent late however and as soon as we got our troops back from mycaka we sent on both comm flags 50% flak and 25% let hoping to either get the 2 flags or kill all their attack dogs. As we got closer we knew that if we don't get 1 flag now it's pretty much over. They had same Striker + big SO setup like us + even 2 thugs heavy on dogs so it was mission impossible to steal any flags if we failed this time and they kept lethals home.
Unfortunatelly for us 25% let ment fa and on one of the attacks we lost 2:1 from only attack dogs as let defence; unfortunatelly for them we BARELLY got the flag on second attack. :D
They had to retal while we had troops returning but they delayed by 1 or 2 ticks i think and we where able to mid tick the incoming with all our lethals.
I think they played bad here, with only 2 days to go they should stole flags with their strongest players but they kept stealing with weakest so their big ones make money. We had one flag on Elderved who was unreacheble by commies alone so they could only go for second flag. In that defence we even made a gpol post how we're ready to die to numbers, the incoming hostile was overwhelming (all commies + 2 huge prots from Mycaka and possibly others?) We prepared our good job guys speech, rank #2 against all those odds it's a great achievement, put the pillow in possition for a good sleep after all the stress and sleep lost and waited to see the BR values. It ticked aaaand : we lost 1.6 tril they lost 9 tril. I couldn't belive my eyes and everybody else in the channel didn't knew how was that possible :D
Seems scared of another retal they kept a large amount of lethals back and their army that attacked consisted of vamps and dragons which have some difficulties on the mid tick :p
Hell this was a sign from above ! We had to win this, we got through too much and won too many impossible fights and climbed back after getting so brutally killed and having 1 to 0 nightcover :D
We had 2 flags now and it was impossible for commies to steal one by brute force tactics in 1:1 confrontation. So here come the thais again. about 25 id's are massing our flag with several id's from comm. We knew there is no other option than suicide in defence, pat our backs, say good job guys congratz with #2 and get to sleep. We won that BR too ! :D
5.8 tril damage received to 6 tril dealt. That was silly i don't know how it happened. Probably strikers are too damn hard to kill :p
One tick after we lost so many troops thais got locked :s
Still it was good Commies at this point could count only on Mycaka's 2 big poms and other leftovers. Zombies broke the alliance with them and Prest aswell. Thais gone so we had a good chance to hold the flags. Nothing happened for many hours, i was feeling Comm wants to make their move on our weak time so i wanted to play the night cover role on last day. Woke up at 3 am and checked bush and saw i was only one online with 1 random guy attacking for 3 on our flag holder :eek: Didn't knew how to panic more efficient. If i should scream, hack the guy, prank some ppl with low eta troops or what. I hacked him and noticed Slabbe could have taken him alone so i was thrilled :D
A few hours later we had some decent activity and commies come for their last try but it's obvious it's a desperation attempt, all they count on is our lack of defence which doesn't go well in their favour and they just suicide and congratulate us in gpols :D That felt so damn good to know we won when #2 was so hard to get.

This was it guys, hope you enjoy reading :) Was the most exciting round end for me, we should have died so many times and we somehow made it every time. Crazy ! :p

Edit: Just for the records FP with 12 ticks to go are:
Us 2036 points, 2 flags
Commies 1993 points, 1 flag

nopjes

Head Gardener

A well diserved win, some of us at zombiepanic realised we werent gonna get #2 flag points by helping commies as mycaka would take the 2nd spot then. so some of us started to doubt about helping commies as mycaka were way bigger than us back then, we stayed back and looked, our plan was to bash mycaka when they had alot of losses and the flag. unfortunately this never happened and we were powerless to do anything about embassy,

We grew very fast took alot of land and thing started to look good, then some of us suicided in a backstabattack on commiess while they almost crumbled, then we started attacking prest a bit, this resulted in a few landgrabs and one mob wich had half the ally on one target and another half, one half landed without losses. the other one... well you can guess... we lost, we were dominating during nighttime as most of our ally were Yanks. so we got prest while taking way to many losses. at that point JJ persuaded us to attack embassy again and we took some free land and another mob that got owned really bad, zeroing three quite big members of us.

We went back at prest took some land, zeroed some players, and had another BR of massive loss mycaka attacked us again and screwed a few of our members over.
at this time we stopped beeing involved with big allies, we grew and grew and about this time mycaka lost alot fighting the embassy, we decided to attack mycaka and we succeeded leaving them close to no lethals left we grew rank 1 here and with about 1 day of the round left we would win on value

still thinking we shouldve sided with the embassy back when flaminglooneys were still alive.. oah well
we had a fun round beeing rank 1 but unfortunately not in the stat we wanted 2...

timtadams

Landscape Designer

woops :oops:

i knew DS was in Embassy, but i totally didnt even notice the ally, silly me

well done ;)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Found this log from one of the BR's we where supposed to die :p I could post others with Twigley logging in just to give us youtube links of squirells or other weird things and go play bf 2042 or ollie developing f117 on low acres and finishing them with 2-3 days before end just to buy flamers. But i <3 them so i won't :D This just to get an idea how much of an underdog we where and we even fought alone .. i'm not even joking when i say we had a chance in maybe a million to win this :p

[22:54:31] <Lanky> slabbeeeeeee
[22:54:33] <Lanky> isssss
[22:54:34] <Lanky> gunnaaaaaa
[22:54:36] <Lanky> dieeeeeee
[22:54:44] <Lanky> so are weeeeeeeeee :D
01[22:54:52] <@DarkSider> nah poms will keep him quite alive
[22:55:02] <Lanky> ooooooooooh
01[22:55:16] <@DarkSider> but yeah we gonna bite some dust :<
[22:55:42] <Lanky> but were gunna bite a chunk outta their asses >:)
[22:55:49] <@Elderveld> have a little faith
06[22:56:26] * Lanky prays they score queen and recall
[22:56:33] <@Elderveld> 50m striker/62m SA/48m AS/20m apches/18m PA/17m CW/15m TD/30m marines
[22:56:50] <@Elderveld> +some more
[22:57:42] <Lanky> duuuuuuude
[22:57:48] <Lanky> theyre gunna feel this **** :D
[22:57:56] <@Elderveld> Lanky
[22:57:59] <@Elderveld> how many TLs?
[22:58:10] <@Iamsmart> 547696589876496796498768787969869
[22:59:10] <Lanky> Terrorist Leader [5,104,414]
[22:59:14] <Lanky> only that many :(
[23:00:26] <@Iamsmart> [range] 110,219,158 hostile Political Mastermind attacked, distracting 101,321,512 allied staff.
[23:00:27] <@Iamsmart> :/
[23:00:43] <@Elderveld> ah
[23:00:46] <@Elderveld> less than i expected
[23:00:47] <@Elderveld> :d
[23:00:56] <@Elderveld> :p
[23:01:01] <Lanky> ha ha haaaa
[23:01:06] <Lanky> lets kill zem all!
[23:01:39] <Lanky> YAY
[23:01:46] <Lanky> boo
[23:01:52] <Lanky> i thought their robo had recalled
[23:01:56] <Lanky> D'oh!
[23:02:07] <@Elderveld> lol
[23:02:09] <@Elderveld> :p
[23:04:23] <@Iamsmart> :p
01[23:05:03] <@DarkSider> Vaseline is on the house !
[23:05:33] <@Elderveld> 1437 just send eta 4 def
[23:05:37] <@Elderveld> hmmm
[23:05:51] <@Elderveld> 1437
[23:05:54] <@Elderveld> did not send CW
[23:05:55] <@Elderveld> !!!
[23:05:58] <@Elderveld> he send eta
[23:05:59] <@Elderveld> 4
[23:06:01] <@Elderveld> :D
[23:06:01] <@Elderveld> :d
[23:06:15] <@Elderveld> thats 23m CW less to worry about!
[23:06:17] <@Elderveld> BOYAA
[23:08:23] <@Iamsmart> :p
[23:08:34] <Lanky> :D
01[23:08:43] <@DarkSider> **** i pressed recall instead details
[23:08:52] <Lanky> YOU TIT
01[23:08:56] <@DarkSider> FOOLED YOU AGAIN ! mwahaha :D
[23:08:58] <@Iamsmart> :p
[23:09:00] <@Iamsmart> i checked
01[23:09:02] <@DarkSider> you guys are too easy
[23:09:08] <Lanky> lmao
[23:09:48] <@Iamsmart> i guess
[23:09:50] <@Iamsmart> 3.5tril
[23:09:52] <@Iamsmart> to 2.5tril
[23:09:52] <@Iamsmart> !
[23:10:03] <@Elderveld> GL GL GL!!!!
[23:10:15] <@Iamsmart> OWNED
[23:10:15] <@Iamsmart> OWNED
[23:10:16] <@Iamsmart> OWNED
[23:10:17] <@Iamsmart> OWNED
[23:10:17] <@Elderveld> Died: 861,946,565 [£9,150,405,837,000] enemies dead. 56,765,972 [£1,656,486,740,400] friendlies dead.
[23:10:19] <Lanky> WOOOOOOO
[23:10:19] <@Elderveld> PWND!
[23:10:20] <@Iamsmart> owned
[23:10:21] <@Iamsmart> owned
[23:10:22] <@Elderveld> TOLD YA
[23:10:23] <@Iamsmart> gahahah
[23:10:23] <@Elderveld> ****ERS
[23:10:31] <@Elderveld> LISTEN TO ME NEXT TIME YOU FOOOLS
[23:10:32] <@Elderveld> :p
01[23:10:39] <@DarkSider> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
[23:10:45] <@Elderveld> You gained 3,751,178 effectiveness.
[23:10:48] <@Elderveld> lollies
[23:11:10] <@Iamsmart> you guys rock
[23:11:12] <@Iamsmart> i love you all
[23:11:16] <@Iamsmart> You gained 2,467,525 effectiveness.
[23:11:17] <Lanky> WOOOHOOOOO
01[23:11:46] <@DarkSider> you have to be joking
01[23:11:49] <@DarkSider> i'm reading again
01[23:11:53] <@DarkSider> and can't believe
[23:12:14] <@Iamsmart> dude
[23:12:15] <@Iamsmart> [r/m] 18,325,054 allied Apache Longbow attacked, killing 263,923,068 hostile staff.
[23:12:17] <@Elderveld> Ninja 12,508,071 11,430,446
[23:12:19] <@Elderveld> Assassin 46,244,043 41,949,967
[23:12:19] <@Elderveld> Cloner 34 34
[23:12:19] <@Elderveld> Secret Agent 62,204,406 57,290,561
[23:12:19] <@Iamsmart> get ****ing owned
[23:12:19] <@Iamsmart> [r/m] 18,325,054 allied Apache Longbow attacked, killing 263,923,068 hostile staff.
[23:12:21] <@Iamsmart> get ****ing owned
[23:12:21] <@Iamsmart> :p
01[23:12:52] <@DarkSider> :D
[23:13:09] <@Elderveld> holy ****
[23:13:12] <@Elderveld> ****ing heellll
[23:13:12] <@Elderveld> lol
01[23:13:13] <@DarkSider> i guess we killed some woof woof
[23:13:14] <Lanky> :D
[23:13:16] <Lanky> ELDER
[23:13:19] <Lanky> POST IT IN GPOLS
[23:13:22] <@Elderveld> did it
[23:13:23] <@Elderveld> :p;
[23:13:25] <Lanky> WE SPARTANS RULE
[23:13:39] <@Elderveld> and the best part is
[23:13:49] <@Elderveld> NO INSURANCE FOR THEM
[23:13:49] <@Elderveld> :p
[23:13:56] <@Iamsmart> :)
[23:14:01] <Lanky> :D
01[23:14:08] <@DarkSider> ahaha i think they hold back alot thinking we will retal again
[23:14:16] <@Elderveld> yeah
01[23:14:21] <@DarkSider> 7775 has 100m dogs
[23:14:25] <Lanky> lmfao

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Nice story DS :p
Didn't realise how important me stealing that flag would actually be at the start!

Big thanks to all of The_Embassy for all their hard work and commitment and all the glory goes mainly to them as like DS said - i had alot of Uni stuff to do after 4 days or so!

:)