End of Round Awards - Discussion

mrmongo

Harvester
Re: End of Round Awards - Discussion

i think that shipjumpers were the best alliance! Battled hard and got nowhere, if it wasnt for all the shipjumping and bickering lol

And that guy osama bin drinkin the tireless defender he rocks.

Shadow

Harvester

dafe said:
Shadow said:
All this voting Desperados for being the worst alliance for not joining the resistacne is a bit silly, They did join teh resistance several times if i remember rightly :p

first time we launched Lude they was 1 of the main alliance. second time they launched in the first wave then when it came to the second wave they said they was not sending and launched on a lower allie of teh resistance, in which the resistance hit them in retaliation. they said they would resend so the resisatcne recalled from them. they sent with the resistance but did the stupid 1,337 units thing which was funny but lame :p

Then came the resistance for Khaos, now they never actually launched any attacks for this. althou alci did sit in the channel discussing how to send and even said Desperados would send in with us. then when launch time came they never actually sent. Came up with the beautiful Excuse of "What troops are we meant to attack with?". You had more LET's then both Lude and BYOB at the time which i thought was amusing :lol:

Desperados are the worst alliance of the round not for there so called "Not taking part in the round" but because the only times they did take part they complained about it and then did nothing when people did join :p was a bit wierd, asked for help and then when help was given they decided they was not going to do anything :p

makes me wonder what you been on during these times...i sure experienced it a whole lot different (as a desperado member)..
we didnt wanna join resistance because the plan was basicly crap...then bg or whatever it was launched at us and we defended making them recall/we said we would join the resistance (memory lacking on that part a bit) so when LT came 10 of us send the 1337/69 staff...and byob who were supposed to sent with us only had 4 ppl send which just confirmed our sight on the resistance being crap (and the other 2 didnt have also only a few sending)
and then khaos became first and nightmare tried to get a resistance together vs them and byob decided to rat us out making khaos go after us for 3+ days straight with no responses from byob/bg what so ever...and then they suddenly wanted us to join them vs khaos...but by that time most of us died massively on some nice defences vs khaos in those 3+ days so we didnt have much to send if at all

Im goign to put it down to drinking or smoking or something :lol: where did you get these numbers from :p I remember the 1337 incident as im staring at posts on my allie politics about it lol. you guys had 6 guys send and we had 9 send lol and you never made BG's recalled. they had 12 members hitting you on 1 tick as we had 5 members spread on 5 members and had 0 defense at eta 2 lol we only recalled cause someone said you would join the resistance, then the silly 1,337 thing happened. the other 2 allies who sent if i remember rightly sent the same numbers as BYOB.

As for getting in touch of BYOB...well im looking at Allie mail and i see no mails from desperados, and considering Alci (the guy who was sorting out your allie for hits before hand) knew i was the person to talk to about resistance hits involving BYOB never once msg'd me about it.

Illumination

Head Gardener

Alci doesnt need to contact anyone for our alliance to send attacks. Shadow shizzle, get it through your head, we did what we wanted to this round:p Just because you wanted to lead it, doesnt mean that because we didnt contact you, we didnt participate (or maybe we didnt...but it would have been irrelevent to your inbox).

Shadow

Harvester

Illumination said:
Alci doesnt need to contact anyone for our alliance to send attacks. Shadow shizzle, get it through your head, we did what we wanted to this round:p Just because you wanted to lead it, doesnt mean that because we didnt contact you, we didnt participate (or maybe we didnt...but it would have been irrelevent to your inbox).

no...Dafe tryign to make out we ignored you guys msg'n us but you never msg'd us. was all i was saying :p

dafe

Harvester

Shadow said:
Illumination said:

no...Dafe tryign to make out we ignored you guys msg'n us but you never msg'd us. was all i was saying :p
as far as i know multiple ppl from our side contacted bg and/or byob trough irc and think also trough mail

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Still not sure why BG and BYOB feel its neccessary to get a go ahead from Desp to hit #1 ally... especially as a quick spy would reveal that they were stretching their staff in attacks.

The point of any half decent resistance is to hammer away at the current #1 till that ally is truely dead, and then start up on the next #1, repeat ad nausam untill only two allies remain, which then duke it out...

once a resistance has started, letting up the steam means whoever is in #1 can run away with the victory.

Basically Khaos did the right thing, and started hitting someone as soon as Lude was dead and dishonored, but they were lucky in as much as BYOB and BG seemed dumbstruck and apathic, and missed their opportunity.

Shadow

Harvester

dafe said:
Shadow said:
Illumination said:

as far as i know multiple ppl from our side contacted bg and/or byob trough irc and think also trough mail

"As far as i know"? impressive... so you don tknow for sure if your allie did get in touch with anyone from BYOB and i know that no one got in touch with anyone from BYOB because ive been asking the members of the alliance.

And as for the whole BYOB ratted us out business... was it not your alliance who mentioned resistance in a channel which ha Khaos members in it. are you sure they never launched on you first for that reason alone?

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

that is the reason we attacked Desp, our plan was to mash exitnoob into the ground but i got these logs in a PM so we acted upon them.

it was the right thing to do in the circumstances, so dont try and make out we fell back on the resistance plan either.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Shadow said:
dafe said:
Shadow said:
All this voting Desperados for being the worst alliance for not joining the resistacne is a bit silly, They did join teh resistance several times if i remember rightly :p

first time we launched Lude they was 1 of the main alliance. second time they launched in the first wave then when it came to the second wave they said they was not sending and launched on a lower allie of teh resistance, in which the resistance hit them in retaliation. they said they would resend so the resisatcne recalled from them. they sent with the resistance but did the stupid 1,337 units thing which was funny but lame :p

Then came the resistance for Khaos, now they never actually launched any attacks for this. althou alci did sit in the channel discussing how to send and even said Desperados would send in with us. then when launch time came they never actually sent. Came up with the beautiful Excuse of "What troops are we meant to attack with?". You had more LET's then both Lude and BYOB at the time which i thought was amusing :lol:

Desperados are the worst alliance of the round not for there so called "Not taking part in the round" but because the only times they did take part they complained about it and then did nothing when people did join :p was a bit wierd, asked for help and then when help was given they decided they was not going to do anything :p

makes me wonder what you been on during these times...i sure experienced it a whole lot different (as a desperado member)..
we didnt wanna join resistance because the plan was basicly crap...then bg or whatever it was launched at us and we defended making them recall/we said we would join the resistance (memory lacking on that part a bit) so when LT came 10 of us send the 1337/69 staff...and byob who were supposed to sent with us only had 4 ppl send which just confirmed our sight on the resistance being crap (and the other 2 didnt have also only a few sending)
and then khaos became first and nightmare tried to get a resistance together vs them and byob decided to rat us out making khaos go after us for 3+ days straight with no responses from byob/bg what so ever...and then they suddenly wanted us to join them vs khaos...but by that time most of us died massively on some nice defences vs khaos in those 3+ days so we didnt have much to send if at all

Im goign to put it down to drinking or smoking or something :lol: where did you get these numbers from :p I remember the 1337 incident as im staring at posts on my allie politics about it lol. you guys had 6 guys send and we had 9 send lol and you never made BG's recalled. they had 12 members hitting you on 1 tick as we had 5 members spread on 5 members and had 0 defense at eta 2 lol we only recalled cause someone said you would join the resistance, then the silly 1,337 thing happened. the other 2 allies who sent if i remember rightly sent the same numbers as BYOB.

As for getting in touch of BYOB...well im looking at Allie mail and i see no mails from desperados, and considering Alci (the guy who was sorting out your allie for hits before hand) knew i was the person to talk to about resistance hits involving BYOB never once msg'd me about it.

You are both missing info and both versions are not 100% accurate. shadow's version is a bit closer to the truth though.

I will post my comments on the round when the time comes, as I said it is still to early.

Souls

Official Helper

Shadow said:
dafe said:
Shadow said:

The moment KHaoS sent at us once Exitlude was dead, I talked to both Ogluk and f0xx about whether or not they wanted to hit Khaos back since most, if not all, their troops were out. F0xx said "Why? As long as they don't hit us we won't hit them" or something along the lines, and Ogluk was completely apathetic to what I was saying. We were hit for three days straight so you guys had plenty of opportunity to get the ball rolling, with both your leaders knowing full well that they were sending attacks. You handed Khaos the win, if anything. :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Souls said:
The moment KHaoS sent at us once Exitlude was dead, I talked to both Ogluk and f0xx about whether or not they wanted to hit Khaos back since most, if not all, their troops were out. F0xx said "Why? As long as they don't hit us we won't hit them".

Yeah, that is what I wanted you to think ;)

The truth was, that next day I was leaving since it was something like the 5th of decenmber and in our coutry, 7 and 8th of december are celebration days so I wasn't going to be online AT ALL. If khaos knew that, they would have killed us on the moment, so I decided to play the "apathic guy who doesn't care", a role which Desp were playing all round long. I also knew that the "If they don't attack us we won't as well" line would have gotten to Cyrus' ears which would have bought me some time and we would still be alive hopefully when I return. That didn't happen though, since beasteh took over the ally when I went away... and oh well, rest is history :D

It was really funny seeing how Alci was whining about getting their ass wooped and about the "apathy" of BYOB and BG... I have no idea why he was thinking that it was our duty to help them. Not like I wouldn't have, but as I said, I just wasn't going to be here. Also his attitude and presumtions about snaps were all kinda wrong. He was making statements like he knew exactly what was going inside BYOB and BG when he actually had absolutely no idea. We had very very valid reasons not to attack khaos while they were hitting Desperados and it was not an snap, but oh well, he is still fresh, he will learn one day ;)

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

from our veiw, we had no other option but to hit desp, with the information i had, you were the ones trying to start a res whilst exitnoob were not fully dead, so we hit you, in our minds that numbs a resistance if the orchestrators are dying right? then what BG are there looking pretty, BYOB inactive as ever and not taking much part really. we we were still good to fight 2 fronts, against exitnoob and desp.
then obviously we start hitting byob which brings a res when most of us are out, so we lsot abit. we tried defending second wave, they landed like once or twice, then we wiped out BG
that was it, round over, exitnoob weren't that strong, byob were ianctive and not attacking and BG and desp were dead.
left us all the time in the world to attack byob and exitnoob when we pleased

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

[h:18ycqxxc]WARNING: Hidden text pieces contain foul language. Ye have been warned.[/h:18ycqxxc]

Fair play to Khaos for hitting us, i'd probably have done the same thing in their shoes. My 'gripe' if you call it such is that BYOB/BG did nothing that I was aware of to prevent, or even slightly hamper Khaos from taking rank 1 at pretty much the only time there was a real chance of doing so.

Shadow: As far as I can remember.... no one ever told me you were the resistance contact, and i'm not exactly hard to get a hold of in IRC. I'm there like *all the time*. And there was at least one attempt on my part to talk with Ogluk (in PM) about having BYOB relieve some of the pressure from Khaos on us; thereby giving us time to sleep/rebuild/rest and prevent Khaos from stealing rank 1. Also I'm almost certain he (amongst others) can confirm that in a private channel of our own with a few players from 2/3 of the 'top' allies this round can confirm I requested their help and berated them on numerous occasions. I'll post the logs if you want, but i expect Ogluk will talk to you come morning and straighten things out.

The extent of your contact with me before BG/Lude took you guys out:
[hidden:18ycqxxc]Session Start: Tue Nov 25 12:54:28 2008
Session Ident: ShadowLove
[12:54] Session Ident: ShadowLove (~Ghetto_Wa@92.12.44.29)
[12:54] <ShadowLove> Alci you there?
[13:04] <Alcibiades> yep
Session Close: Tue Nov 25 13:04:41 2008

Session Start: Tue Nov 25 13:05:44 2008
Session Ident: ShadowLove
[13:05] Session Ident: ShadowLove (~Ghetto_Wa@92.12.44.29)
[13:05] <ShadowLove> nah its kewl
[13:05] <ShadowLove> all sorted now
[13:05] <ShadowLove> thanx
[13:05] <Alcibiades> righto :) no problem
Session Close: Tue Nov 25 13:05:55 2008[/hidden:18ycqxxc]

Several of the IRC convos I had with Ogluk regarding resistance(s) and the subsequent aftermath...

The startup:
[hidden:18ycqxxc]Session Start: Sat Nov 22 19:09:13 2008
Session Ident: Ogluk
[19:09] <Alcibiades> allo allo
[19:09] <Ogluk> hallooooo!!!
[19:10] <Alcibiades> so when is the resistance going to get tired of hitting the #1 and come get us?
[19:10] <Ogluk> possibly sooner rather than later....
[19:10] <Alcibiades> big surprise there
[19:11] <Alcibiades> absolutely pathetic
[19:11] <Ogluk> meh
Session Close: Sat Nov 22 19:12:10 2008[/hidden:18ycqxxc]

The middle parts:
[hidden:18ycqxxc]Session Start: Sat Nov 22 19:30:15 2008
[19:30] <Alcibiades> you're BYOB right?
[19:30] <Ogluk> yah
[19:30] <Alcibiades> i hope you aren't teamed up with us
[19:31] <Ogluk> lol
[19:31] <Alcibiades> cuz we're just about half dead from today :D
[19:31] <Ogluk> and we have 7 online...
[19:31] <Ogluk> lol
[19:32] <Alcibiades> 10 of us online
[19:32] <Ogluk> we're doomed to failure if we do send together lol
[19:35] <Alcibiades> aye
[19:35] <Alcibiades> we really are
[19:35] <Alcibiades> see?
[19:35] <Alcibiades> exactly why this is a ****ing pointless waste of my time
[19:35] <Ogluk> well, yer...
[19:35] <Ogluk> Martin's planning is *****
[19:35] <Ogluk> we cant take 4 targets between 4 allies....
[19:38] <Alcibiades> yeah
[19:38] <Alcibiades> he's ****ing out of his mind
[19:38] <Alcibiades> and grumpy
[19:38] <Ogluk> lol
[19:39] <Alcibiades> he should go play in traffic it'll make me feel better
[19:39] <Ogluk> haha
[19:39] <Alcibiades> he was threatening us with being killed and now he's behaving like a spoilt child
[19:39] <Ogluk> only reason hes in there is because they were hitting DW and DW bitched at them
[19:40] <Alcibiades> then he of *all* people should understand exactly how Desperados feels?
[19:40] <Alcibiades> what the **** is he playing at being a tard
Session Close: Sat Nov 22 19:42:02 2008[/hidden:18ycqxxc]
The followup:
[hidden:18ycqxxc]Session Start: Fri Dec 05 14:30:25 2008
[14:30] <Alci|HL> Died: 100,027,240 [£4,773,307,651,000] enemies dead. 32,393,073 [£1,423,606,739,500] friendlies dead.
[14:30] <Ogluk> :eek:
[14:30] <Ogluk> nice!
[14:30] <Alci|HL> so get off your lazy ass and kill Khaos :p
[14:31] <Ogluk> get someone to pull a proper resistance together and i will
[14:31] <Alci|HL> bollocks
[14:31] <Alci|HL> your boys have plenty of ability to bash one of two targets
[14:31] <Alci|HL> if you get any pressure on Khaos it'll help
[14:31] <Alci|HL> i don't care for a proper resistance yet
[14:31] <Alci|HL> but this is bullshit
[14:31] <Alci|HL> and you know it
Session Close: Fri Dec 05 14:35:59 2008[/hidden:18ycqxxc]

f0xx:

f0xx said:
It was really funny seeing how Alci was whining about getting their ass wooped and about the "apathy" of BYOB and BG... I have no idea why he was thinking that it was our duty to help them.

I was whining about the nature of your hypocrisy in that you guys pushed and pushed for a resistance against Exitlude, and then suddenly did nothing while Khaos stood there running off with rank 1. (before you argue this point we've already established it in G-Pols)

I wouldn't have presumed you had an SNAP with Khaos other than the fact that your BG members hopped onto the bandwagon and sent with Khaos on us.... (BYOB also joined the party too, belatedly as I recall, but y'all were there) and that you didn't lift a finger to help us, or even explain why you weren't doing squat. That would've helped clear up that misunderstanding here I think. No you didn't owe us an explanation, but it would have convinced me that you weren't actively working together, or had an agreement of sorts with them. Yes I appreciate that 'free land is free land' but it seemed rather counter productive of the 'so called resistance' to let Khaos get that big, that fast. I'm not even sore about dying or expecting that you'd come to our rescue, that would have been a nice side benefit to you guys killing Khaos; but alas was not the focus of my anger. If you still can't see that, well, I guess I just can't help you. It wasn't your 'duty' to help us, but rather as you guys were seemingly focused on getting that first resistance off the ground, i was struck by the sudden lack of initiative on your part. That's all ;)

f0xx said:
We had very very valid reasons not to attack khaos while they were hitting Desperados and it was not an snap, but oh well, he is still fresh, he will learn one day ;)

Enlighten me then, oh wise and noble leader? Your valid reasons were because you wouldn't be there? or is it something else?

Edit: I'm trying to clear up a few details here as no one ally seems to have the complete picture or fully understand the actions of the other allies. I don't claim to know the whole truth, and I'm prone to making the occasional exaggeration ;) particularly when I'm angered.... and in a few of my G-Pols posts I was attempting to 'goad' BG/BYOB into action. That would account for the SNAP accusation etc. I don't really care in the long run anymore how you guys feel about our actions this round; we played a round we enjoyed including a good many ups and downs but I did want to clear up a few things just before i 'left this laying where Jesus flang it'.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

hahahaha, Nice quotes Alci ;)

I shant go play in traffic! I also don't remember organising anything, I just sat there being obstructive?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Sent by: BuddhaGunners alliance HQ Sat 22nd Nov, 2008. 23:06:37 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
Hello Leader/CO of Desperados,

I am contacting you on behalf of the Resistance aiming to remove Exitlude from the top spot. You are the highest ranked alliance not involved, if you wish to be involved then contact myself via alliance mail.

If you are not with us, then you are against us, and you're acres would be better used in the possession of people with the balls to fight the top.

Have a nice day,

BG Leadership.

That was the source of my anger against you for the most part, super lame mail. Just... wow.

As for organizing, I was almost certain you'd organized that rather poor multi target hit when there simply weren't enough troops to spread around; but it turns out it was Twigley who was the chief architect of the overly complicated resistance. I'd have to review the logs more carefully but there was an awful lot of pissing about and pointless arguing (from all participants). I"m not entirely sure it wasn't two different attacks but meh. I'm sorry if I got you confused in that convo. My apologies on that score....

f0xx

Landscape Designer

First - We have already discussed this mail which you seem to love so much and you know it was not me who sent it, so it is not really the BG leadership who sent it even though it is signed like that. That is just not my style.

I also have this:

[21:45:25] <f0xx> I don't mind you not taking part
[21:45:36] <f0xx> but attacking us why we are fighting bigger ally...
[21:46:06] <Alcibiades> i know and understand that completely
[21:46:10] <Alcibiades> hell i even said that we wouldn't attack you
[21:46:15] <Alcibiades> and i *thought* my people understood
[21:46:45] <Alcibiades> anyways
[21:46:52] <Alcibiades> one guy is afk on the barcodes attack
[21:47:02] <Alcibiades> so you can either continue your good work on Exitlude
[21:47:06] <Alcibiades> or bash us to no purpose :)
[21:55:17] <Alcibiades> lol
[21:55:20] <Alcibiades> going for the 'bash us' option
[21:55:23] <Alcibiades> poorly chosen
[21:55:39] <Alcibiades> i'd say they've learned to listen to me
[21:55:56] <Alcibiades> or if they haven't then 'next time' it would be an open hunting season
[21:56:16] <f0xx> [21:55:20] <Alcibiades> going for the 'bash us' option <--- ofc not, what do you think we are, some hartless bashers? :p
[21:56:21] <f0xx> was just giving a warning shot
[21:59:36] <f0xx> if you;re ally is willing to take part though
[21:59:40] <f0xx> you're welcome :)
[21:59:53] <f0xx> I don't want it to look like we are forcing you to

This is part of the conversation after some of your guys decided to hit the barcodes, an alliance who was taking part in the resistance against exitlude, which resulted in BG massing Desperados, which resulted in Desperados joining the resistance. Now it might look like we forced Desp to take part, but this attack was in response to Desp hitting one of our allies and if we wanted the resistance to continue we were bound to attack. We attacked because we wanted Desp to recall from the Barcodes, not because we wanted to force Desperados to take part in the resistance. After your guys recalled from barcodes we recalled from you, even though there was absolutely no defence on any of our targets.

And second - you got some things messed up, the resistance you are talking about was against Exitlude so I dunno how Twigley was the one organising it :p

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Hmm still not sure what good Barcodes really did to that famed resistance. Only thing I know is that that resistance had been threading water for at least 24 hours going nowhere, so it wasn't like we joined a surefire solution.

But all that still don't explain why you thought it necessary to nap with lude to start a war with us :p

Not that I mind the war, as long as you fight it yourself, and Lude stay away! :twisted:

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

Ahead said:
Worst Moment of Round: Watching BG and Exitnuub team up like pussies on Desp..

aww so when they did it to BYOB... :(

*feels unloved by Ahead :(*

:p

still giggle to myself that it took the pair of them to kill us off
would have been nice if just one of them had tried....
but i guess no honour left in war these days.....

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

If I decide I wish to lose land it's my choice. I want to portal on Eff for the first time saying valuation is all I've ever gone for. I had my chance to portal on value and decided not to by not just sitting on seeds for a week. And to see phantom lose rank 1 is a highlight of my round. Nobody wants to see a n00b take rank 1.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

First of all let's not forget it took 3+ alliances at all times (After it failed epicly) to take down an alliance with just thugs and pom who where so inactive.

Ahead said:
Worst Alliance: Snip. Exitnuub for lying, making up stories and other general "verbal epic fails". Snip.

Worst Moment of Round: Watching BG and Exitnuub team up like pussies on Desp..

A) Where did we lie?
B) Desperados had no complaints about massing BYOB with us and felt the need to jump on the "Let's rape Exitlude now they are rank 5" bandwagon with the rest of you. It's called revenge and reaping what you sow.
C) Oh i just read who wrote this - Ahead - Rofl !