bluprint unit

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: bluprint unit

bushplaya69 said:
i like strike now apache kill lots of troops per apache but they r expensive

like my apache kills 1 2 10 or sumthin so not gunna buy strikers now

Strikers strip armour so that apaches will be more effective. You generally want to be have more strikers than apaches afaik. Although it does depend if you'll be targetting Health or Armour based routes.

If you want to attack things like Robotic routes you would want more strikers, with a healthy does of apaches to finish off the remaining health of the robot units. If you're hitting something more health based like Thug route or SO you would be better off having some more apaches.

Just because a unit kills a lot of other units, does not make it the best, it depends upon targetting. Also, units usually perform more effectively in tandem; i.e. when units are working together rather than just massing one unit; naturally there are exceptions to this rule but it is generally the case.

bushplaya69

Weeder

strikers dnt hit no prostetor route nd they dont hit flak i killed sum guy with ninjas jus then haha

striker shud be cheaper

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

bushplaya69 said:
strikers dnt hit no prostetor route nd they dont hit flak i killed sum guy with ninjas jus then haha

striker shud be cheaper

Strikers aren't supposed to target the Protestor route which is made up of Non-Lethal Distractors. Strikers target Lethal units only. So that would be your problem right there.

Strikers should not be cheaper, they are an excellent unit and almost perfect for what they are designed to do.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

It seems to me that your really not understanding some of the fundamentals of targeting...just cos a unit appears to kill more than another it doesnt necessarily mean (in any way) that is is better.

As someone has said you need strikers firing first to strip the armour of your targets troops so that when your apache's fire they will finish off all the health. Strikers do very little health damage meaning they will often appear to kill very little (and so to a new player may appear overpriced or useless) but what they are actually doing is completely stripping your units troops of armour meaning that when your apache's fire they will finish them off (thus giving the appearance that apaches are bettter than strikers)

As tobapopocheese said you want more strikers than you have apaches, and you will want to target mainly armour based routes such as robos...your strikers will munch them! Also, while it may appear that protesters are the best people to attack (if your scared of a real battle) your route isnt suited to this (unless you have mass marines) and as a rule poms will attack you more.

You need to read up a bit on how targetting works to understand the importance of certain units, especially with a route such as strikers.

x

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

bushplaya69 said:
nah 2 long innit

n it dont say whats good n whats not it say all is good

If you don't take the time to read the manual, then you won't understand most of the help we give you here....

EDIT: Almost all the routes *are* good. It depends upon your playstyle, activity, and knowledge to see which route is best for you There is no overall 'best unit' or 'best route' as this game is designed around counter routes to every route so that every route has a weakness. The best way is to read the manual and combine it with ingame knowledge and recommendations from players here on forums.

rooney

Head Gardener

also, just because strikers get ratios of 1:0.5 and apache get 1:15, the 15 that apache kill are likely to be mostly gardeners, whereas the 0.5 that the strikers kill are all LET, so the striker could actually be doing more damage

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

You really need to read up mate, whether its the manual, wiki or just browsing through the "help and support" section of the forums...Also the bushtarion IRC channel is often a good place to get a quick and accurate response from people...and im sure a member of our "helper" team will be happy to guide you through certain aspects of the game if you PM them.

http://www.bushtarion.com/manual/irc.php

That will help you get in IRC if you arent already...Also it might be worth (im assuming you arent) joining an alliance even if its only a low ranked one...there will be people who have played for a while or are just starting that can give you guidance...also its good to get a feel for allied play early on so your in a better position if you decide to continue playing.

But yeah, basically take some more time to find out some fundamentals about the game before making decisions.

Also (not a flame) personally i find it easier (and generally just nicer) to read/respond to posts that are written in full english (with explanations) rather than comments such as "nah 2 long init" or "n it dont say whats good n whats not it say all is good"....which i only have a vague idea what that even means...lol

x