Bounty for protestors?

KrezyDo

Weeder
I'm sorry, maybe I missed this info somewhere and I did search for it, but couldn't find it. But is it possible for protestors to get some bounty? Cause I know killing your enemies can get you bounty, but how about distracting them and landgrabbing?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: Bounty for protestors?

you get bounty as a POM from landgrabbing. That's it. Or if you have hypnos i imagine you could claim bounty as well. Other than that, no chance.

Then again, I've heard bounty is changing next round so maybe something will be introduced to fix that but i wouldn't hold your breath. ;)

Lupus

Head Gardener

i understood that u dont get bounty for bribing units either, so infact to get decent bounty as a pom u would need to bribe some leth and then kill them, a lot of hardwork for little gain imo

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Lets be realistic, you shouldnt get bounty for distracting, or disabling units. Bounty in real life is usually given for the capture or killing of a wanted person or thing. Getting their attention and letting them go is not going to get you anything. So i dont think this part should change.

On the other hand, we could let bribing gain a person bounty. I believe this could be interpreted as a capture, and at least be realistic. I believe bribing units doesnt get you bounty as the troops gain you enough profit to warrant you not getting one. Then again i may be wrong.

The idea i have though is to allow the briber to receive bounty points but not the actual funds, they get the troops rather then the funds, and they still gain bounty hunting rank

[edit] by the way, are people disappointed about PoMs inability to bounty hunt as they cant gain possible funds? or is it the bounty hunting rank they are after?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

I am always a little annoyed that there is an aspect of the game that cant be played as a pom but im not overly bothered and i understand why that is...also pom is an awesome route and if it gave a bounty as well it would be overpowered IMO.

but

timcheesenameicantrememberendof said:
Lets be realistic, you shouldnt get bounty for distracting, or disabling units. Bounty in real life is usually given for the capture or killing of a wanted person or thing. Getting their attention and letting them go is not going to get you anything. So i dont think this part should change.

Dont use the "reality" argument...when have you seen a Cybernetic T-Rex being snuck up on by a ninja with some terrorists just walking around and a load of hippies chillin with some gardeners???

KrezyDo

Weeder

Ok, so I took my chances and tried to do some bountyhunting and indeed only the bribed units got some bounty of killing the enemies units. I thought disabling/distracting would get you 1/3 of the bounty, but guess not.

And it's not that I'm dissapointed about not being to go for a bounty rank or whatever, but it would be a nice feeling to get back at your enemies and actually gain something out of it except for distracting their units.

Max

Garden Designer

Perhaps this is a way to punish the POM players now that they can fire before bikers? I'm not sure :p But it can be argued to balance the situation somewhat :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Max said:
Perhaps this is a way to punish the POM players now that they can fire before bikers? I'm not sure :p But it can be argued to balance the situation somewhat :)

But it's always been this way, so how does that fit in?

timtadams

Landscape Designer

pinpower said:
I am always a little annoyed that there is an aspect of the game that cant be played as a pom but im not overly bothered and i understand why that is...also pom is an awesome route and if it gave a bounty as well it would be overpowered IMO.

but

timcheesenameicantrememberendof said:

Dont use the "reality" argument...when have you seen a Cybernetic T-Rex being snuck up on by a ninja with some terrorists just walking around and a load of hippies chillin with some gardeners???
lol, i just knew someone would debate the whole reality argument :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

KrezyDo said:
Ok, so I took my chances and tried to do some bountyhunting and indeed only the bribed units got some bounty of killing the enemies units. I thought disabling/distracting would get you 1/3 of the bounty, but guess not.

And it's not that I'm dissapointed about not being to go for a bounty rank or whatever, but it would be a nice feeling to get back at your enemies and actually gain something out of it except for distracting their units.

Gaining bounty for distracting would be absolute bullshit. PoMs don't do any damage to enemy units, so it would be ridiculous for you to make money off them. Plus it would be so incredibly easy to abuse.

Souls

Official Helper

pinpower said:

Yes, I was driving around my in HQ Challenger 2. :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

shotgun!

on topic:

doesnt really work, as they may fire before but they get even more mullered when the bikers do fire...