Round 28 Awards Post!

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Re: Round 28 Awards Post!

Once again, keep your e-penises in your pants. Had to split more than half the topic, as if I'm some kind of kindergarten aid. Temp bans distributed, next time you won't get an icecream with it.

Stick to the topic; some discussion is allowed as long as you keep it civil and on-topic. Don't lower yourself to their level. Keep in mind these awards reflect the sole opinion of a certain player- don't let it affect you. :p

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon

Player of the round:
Certainly me, for not having internet throughout, and still managing to finish... top 700? Who the hell knows.

Hope you all had a fun one! Prepare to go down in Age 5

Dematto

Weeder

Enrico said:
Best Moment of Round
Apart from some massive defensive BRs, probably sneaking past Apos defense and hitting Dematto with 100 mill marines!

That was the one single time they got me this round, logged in about 2 minutes too late :( Still not bad, considering the roughly 21438462384623 attempts.

Alliance of the round
Gotta give this one to toxo. Would've won the round if it wasn't for Recon, had the best line-up and taught me a swear word or two after Recon rejoined us (thanks mastah and lukey ;))

Best Offensive Alliance
None that comes to mind, I feel like all alliances should've been better offensively considering their respective line-ups

Best Defensive Alliance
Toxo did a good job during the very first resistance attacks

Honourable Mention Alliance
We_Shall_Portal, gogogo ;)

Worst Alliance
Sendance obviously, but SB dissapointed me a few times too many aswell

Best Leader
Lukey

Worst Leader
Emporer probably

Player of the Round - Allied
Twigley really pwned at the start, after starting hooligans instead of guru (he was supposed to go PoM), but really pwned with the mass PB

Player of the Round - Solo
None that stood out

Best Offensive Player
That random guy that succesfully rushed me ;)

Best Defensive Player
Me :D 120mil guru's at the start was sweeet

Honourable Mention Player
DarkSider, for getting a resistance together against f0xx within the first 20 ticks :D

Worst Player
S1lence, you should learn to set aside personal grief against people for the interest of the greater good

Best Moment of Round
Sitting there on rank 1 gov value

Worst Moment of Round
SD splitting up :(

Alvestein

Garden Designer

Best player of the round : MattM for being my pnap for most of the round and then having a fun bash out at the end with me! if it wasn't for him then..i'd have done nothing the entire round :D

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

Ditto to what Hiuey said, except with his name instead of mine ;)

Apparently other things happened this round, according to this thread. Can't say I've noticed anything else to award. Thanks to Max for also being my PNAP (and not stabbing me in the back and zeroing me... Hiuey, take note :p).

Garrett

Landscape Designer

funniest moment of the round is when everyone kept calling me leader when I was simply a member.

saddest moment was mobilizing SB for the 'fabled resistance' and then toxo and apoc not being able to get off their butts and just went to sleep a couple nights in a row. I guess next time listen to more people than just yourself.

saddest people in the game - lukey and luckysports. their actions in PM on IRC are nothing short of harassment and if I cared enough, I'd turn them in to be banned for such.

poorest listener - luckysports

best solo of the round - me \o/ - darksider a close second.

kudos to SB for #1 effectiveness, no one killed like you, no one fought like you. if only you could have been motivated to do more.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Best moment :

Following an attack on Toxo, was resistance or smth and the very next tick at eta 4 i get a message:

" Private Sent by: Time To Kick of f On Your Arse [1932] Thu 09th Oct, 2008. 20:38:38 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:

NoNameLikeYou of ILoveYcats [8902] Big of Balls Inc. [4028] Attacking 45,050,000 ETA 4 ticks.

no "

The mob was just 5m bikers, petrols and like 20m gards and they tryed to block with yobs and sd but i still landed :D

bigdaddy33

Digger

DarkSider said:
Best moment :

Following an attack on Toxo, was resistance or smth and the very next tick at eta 4 i get a message:

" Private Sent by: Time To Kick of f On Your Arse [1932] Thu 09th Oct, 2008. 20:38:38 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:

NoNameLikeYou of ILoveYcats [8902] Big of Balls Inc. [4028] Attacking 45,050,000 ETA 4 ticks.

no "

The mob was just 5m bikers, petrols and like 20m gards and they tryed to block with yobs and sd but i still landed :D

i dont remember you landing on me! :p but i guess you did lol

johnnie

Beginner

ok - heres my tuppence worth....

Alliance of the round
Credit to Toxo for their recovery when most would have quit.

Best Offensive Alliance

never really got to see a lot of offence from where i was sitting but i think i saw more toxo inc than any other ally. Toxo at the start were good - CG and ranzou's constant petrol rushes

Best Defensive Alliance

no real opinion on this. Some times they all defended - sometimes they ran - half and half and all as much as each other.

Discworld - no round would be complete without a discworld!

Worst Alliance
Apoc - some frequent bad defence decisions

Best Leader
can only comment on my own.... and he's the other time of day from me :p

Worst Leader
anyone who abandons their ally

Hard to pick just one....
Ogluk's activity is insane and his desire to just play is admirable
and impressive gargant collection from Agustus
could go on here.....

dunno his name - but the robo guy who was top rank for activity for so long... Timberlos or something...

Best Offensive Player
never really saw any offense from anyone except my own ally - but Ogluk was on every attack even though his troops sucked

Best Defensive Player
Masa - very active and contactable

Honourable Mention Player
Khris - co lead well
ogluk - first allied round and acheived loads
Fer - reaching rank 1 with a big gap so fast
Stu - caught up loads in a short time

Worst Player
Therra - a silly piggy for bugger all land meant he had to sleep for weeks and easily made a loss
everyone who quit when the chips were down
Janppe - for being killed by SAS so many times

Best Moment of Round
The £2.5tn Bribe attack on toxo :)

Worst Moment of Round
leaving the ally to go on holliday :(

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

First of all I am making suicide by simply making this post but I dont really care.

Alliance of the round
YS they came they won, smeg the rest.

Best Offensive Alliance
YS they came 1vs 1 on toxo when it was time to decide rounds winning, they were the offencive alliance and they kicked smegging toxos ass.

Best Defensive Alliance
Was there one?

Cant think of any alliance that would be worth of mentioning due their excellense on round.

Worst Alliance
Toxoplasmosis - Alliance full of words yet nothing to do for their promises. Alliance that was supposed to be "the best" alliance where people kept saying how this and that sucks yet they got their asses kicked by those same people. Alliance full of idiots and people who dont understand that greatness comes from being humble.

Best Leader
Twigley? Or who ever lead YS. I still think none of the alliance on this round could have competed any alliances 10 rounds back not to mention 20 rounds back, yet you came and showd these idiots how old alliances did thigs... offence is best defence etc.

Worst Leader
Lukey! How the hell can someone be such bad leader? Yet be praised on forums so much? Hell anyone could make alliance with such individuals and make them be #2... You had the material and you had everything to win yet you are now whining on here and you whined half of the round. FFS! Look at the mirror! Recon didnt take your win! You took your win! You are bad leader VERY VERY bad leader! You are person who gives up at first sight of trouble and makes excuses why you didnt success. I wonder how the hell you made it to top on other rounds... must been lack of competition.

Leading alliance comes from simple things. You showd how you have none of those. You ensisted your alliance to make suicide defences. You made team out of individuals instead of a group players, this was shown when YS attacked and 8 of 15 dies on that defence... why? Cause half of your alliance wasnt there to defend!! You are not even worth to be mentioned with word leader. You didnt lead at all. You were the one who eventually said something. Your alliance was but a bunch of solos and nothing else. Pretty god solos tho... who defended eatch other to get same defence later on. There was no integrity, there was no community and there was no fun and doing things to gether. How the smeg you build alliance if you dont want anything like that from your members?

Ranzou actual leader of Toxoplasmosis. For someone who was left hand of some alliance yet brought the alliance to #2 place nearly alone deservesmention here. You fought, you tried and never gave up. That is the spirit of true leader. One which Toxo needed yet never had.

I hate idea of solos and dont concentrate on them.

Best Offensive Player
Who ever finished #1 simple as that

Best Defensive Player
Who ever YS nominates as their best defender.

Worst Player
Lukey, you didnt only betray yourself you betrayed your alliance and people who trusted to you.

Best Moment of Round
Letting people quess who the hell I am.

Worst Moment of Round
Realizing Lukey back stabbed me and made all I tried worthless and me a fool. Resulting to me quitting.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Lol, a lot of BW's comments remind of how I felt last round for Lukey. I can't comment his performance this round though.

One thing I don't agree with BW is that you can't just say that the rank 1 alliance is the best for the round simply because they won.

Lukey

Harvester

Blackwolf lol!

I had work commitments for like 2 weeks when you was in :/

Your the only person who feels this, all my ally were happy with me.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

We all have our opinions, what others think doesnt really change of what we think. I see with all my experience that on last round there was actually no good leaders/alliances around and that I am very disspointed to people nominating Lukey as best leader as he lost, speacially beacuse he lost on DEFENCE against similar sized alliance, due his inablity to organize good defence/ bad route picking / bad members. I am sorry Lukey but I think you are bad leader, I watched your actions and what you did I cant say much positive about you.

Dont take this personally, hell I could have been 100 times better member, as you I have my excuses, but I dont go around yelling how I did this or that or was sucky at this or that. I dont blame others of my mistakes and failures. I blame myself. Unlike you I dont go all over board with Recon stuff. It was good play from YS and as long as you keep blaming Recon of what he did is showing how bad leader you are.
Good leader would have just get over it and kicked the crap out of everyone else. You didnt, instead you went inactive and started to blame others of losing the round. So in the end you are only responsible to yourself of your actions, you can say "all others this or that", but as long as you in the back of your head know the truth no matter what lies you tell to everyone else or yourself the truth will never go silent.

Remember that.

Ranzou

Harvester

Players of the Round - Allied

1) Cityguy: probably the best player I've ever played with. I say this without bias (I would be saying this even if he hadn't been in Toxo). He was one of the top land stealers, was always on the ball and had an unrivalled bloodlust - he is truly militant.

Twigley said:
Can i just ask what Cityguy did any different to me or Chewie at the start?
/me shrugs?

In fact, he held the rank 1 eff spot and rank 1 serial killer stat for about a week or 2 after he stopped playing - that's how far ahead he was. The resistance would come and steal a bit of land off us in the evenings, and then Cityguy would be PB/biker rushing their players at all other times. I think this demoralised our enemies a lot and made it easier for us to land on them. It was non-stop with him and it's just a shame that he had to stop playing.

2) Ogluk: you were up there with me in total ticks spent online, so I know how much effort you put in and how much of a pain it must have been at times. Also, from what I gather, you were quite influential in swinging the round in YS's favour.

3) PhoenixChan: joined Toxoplasmosis after we were raped into the ground and put an immense amount of effort into helping us get back on our feet and staying there. PhoenixChan was Toxo's backbone for the second half of the round.

Seetal: even though he had help staying alive, he still managed to pull off some nice BRs. I didn't like the bunkers.

Best Offensive Player

Cityguy

Best Defensive Players

Can't speak for other alliances so: PhoenixChan, Intense, Marvin, Quitus, Love, JZ, Mastah and Lukey were all pretty reliable. Everyone in Toxo was pretty good in this respect, but I recall these guys pranking/texting/highlighting a lot and generally being highly active and awesome in defence.

Honourable Mention Players

1) Dematto: master thief and rank 1 eff.

2) Lukey: did a good job of leading - boosting morale, organising attacks etc.

Best Moments of the Round

1) Getting to PBs first, then rank 1 eff/kills shortly after killing off Sendance. Stole about 2k acres from them in 1 night (this was early in the round when that was quite a lot of land).

2) Defending resistance attacks and winning. If only they had given up!

3) Might seem strange but I actually quite enjoyed defending against the PB rushes. DarkSider and Hobbezak tried to rush us together a few times. One time the recalling/re-sending part lasted for about 2 hours before the actual battle. On top of that I had Hobbe playing mind games with me on IRC - good times :p

Worst Moment of Round

1) Going into sleep mode after being owned by YS. The annoying thing is, there were 3 attacks that we fought head on: we won the first 2 and lost the last one, but because they were so much bigger (troop-wise), that was enough to kill us. We shouldn't have tried to fight the last one off (something ridiculous like 50m CWs and 50m shields + about 9 other YS players), but mistakes happen.

2) Being comparitively inactive for the 2nd half of the round. I had just started uni again after we got knocked down to rank 3 and couldn't put in as much time as I used to. I felt like I was letting down the fresh new faces who joined us expecting big things.

Worst Players

Everyone, except Cityguy. There is so much more we all could have done but didn't becase we were lazy (even those who couldn't spend that much time online)!

Terrakan

Harvester

Ranzou said:
Worst Players

Everyone, except Cityguy. There is so much more we all could have done but didn't becase we were lazy (even those who couldn't spend that much time online)!

Thats a bit harsh

TaO

Tree Surgeon

johnnie said:

Hard to pick just one....
Ogluk's activity is insane and his desire to just play is admirable
and impressive gargant collection from Agustus
could go on here.....

Augustus was psolo

johnnie said:

dunno his name - but the robo guy who was top rank for activity for so long... Timberlos or something...

it was Lupus

Do your homework next time you post :p

Therra

Digger

johnnie said:
Worst Player
Therra - a silly piggy for bugger all land meant he had to sleep for weeks and easily made a loss

Go cry somewhere else, if it wasn't for FeR piggying my attack and running off with all the land..
Just needed to get back at you guys somehow. ;)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Ranzou said:
Players of the Round - Allied

1) Cityguy: probably the best player I've ever played with. I say this without bias (I would be saying this even if he hadn't been in Toxo). He was one of the top land stealers, was always on the ball and had an unrivalled bloodlust - he is truly militant.

Twigley said:
Can i just ask what Cityguy did any different to me or Chewie at the start?
/me shrugs?

In fact, he held the rank 1 eff spot and rank 1 serial killer stat for about a week or 2 after he stopped playing - that's how far ahead he was. The resistance would come and steal a bit of land off us in the evenings, and then Cityguy would be PB/biker rushing their players at all other times. I think this demoralised our enemies a lot and made it easier for us to land on them. It was non-stop with him and it's just a shame that he had to stop playing.

Not trying to take anything away from cityguy, he is in my book one of the very best since he stoped playing 100% for valuation. However i have to mention circumstances played a huge role for this. You can't compare him for first 2 weeks of the round with a SO SA since they are bound to rush for developements, or pretty much any other route. Petrols are the first very good offensive unit and in the right hands against the right enemies they can deal a great amount of damage. And also he had some pretty inactive poms to hunt, took little effort passing alliance defences and catching them offline. I went for petrols aswell but since i focused all my attacks on toxo instead going for the easy kills i had far less success :p
When first resistance strike came lead by Dematto they sent pretty much masses of gards so your 2 big thugs get some easy kills :D There was a window when all toxo had was mass petrols on 2 players and little anything else, so it's hard for any other route to compare with that in first 2 weeks. I think a more appropriate term is 'most succesfull petrol for the first 2 weeks of the round' ;)