Suggestions for mini-round

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Re: Suggestions for mini-round

timtadams said:
mrmongo said:
I got an idea, bring back the best thing bushtarion had... h/f and bounty the way it was.
:winner:

thought you've only played one round?

timtadams

Landscape Designer

hey, i know enough to know that the current bounty system is crap. I also know that everyone (or at least most people) else much prefers the old one (since i have not heard to the contrary). I am therefore assuming that the previous system was much better. I also know how the old system worked. I reckon it would be much better. And even if it is not I would still like to try it out. *sigh* just because I have only played one round, it doesnt mean I am not entitled to my own opinion.

Mattheus

Head Gardener

Just because you haven't heard anyone speak out against the old system doesn't mean everyone liked it timtadams :p It's generally a bad idea to make up your mind about something that you've never experienced, especially when you're basing it on word of mouth.

I for one thought it was crap. I'm glad it's gone. It's just the grass is greener syndrome in full swing, look at the forums from those days and you'll see a multitude of people whining about the very system that people are now pining over.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Mattheus said:
It's generally a bad idea to make up your mind about something that you've never experienced
Which is why I said
timtadams said:
even if it is not [much better] I would still like to try it out.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

To be honest i think it's a fair extrapolation that most people preferred the old bounty system. It worked better (actually, it worked in comparison to the enemy list which doesn't) and it was entertaining. Mattheus, i can see why you might dislike it, but to call him out for saying that most people prefer the old system over the new might be a bit harsh. I think you're right in warning him not to pay too much attention to 'word of mouth' and to the 'good ole days' i.e. grass is greener syndrome (about which you are also correct, and i am evidence of it...) but also, i think he's right here, the old bounty system worked far better than the current one, and was more enjoyed by a larger percentage of the playerbase. I think that's a safe assumption and one that would not be argued very far in this game.

Either way, since POMs is my favourite route, i've been screwed out of bounty for ages. lol

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Another idea that has to be considered. Rethinking the current 'Fearsome' table and its calculation. If anyone has looked at it they'll know what I mean. The top 8 are 0% my valuation (very scary :shock: ). They probably did a tiny bit of damage at the very start and never got hit once.

Maybe instead of calculating it just by
Bushtarion said:
('Value Damage Done' divided by 'Value Damage Received')
Instead multiply what you get by the player valuation? and maybe then some? or player valuation squared, or maybe as a difference of some sort rather than a fraction...

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Remember guys, this topic is for discussion/suggestions for the mini-round. ;)

Jubjub

Planter

Tbh, we were discussing in #Bushtarion and we think:
Basics only
First techs only
Or mass government units for all (Government Land Farmers included) so we could have massive BRs just for the heck of it. I think we should be given unlimited funds too, just for luls, see who can make the biggest BR.
Just some suggestions ;]

timtadams

Landscape Designer

I reckon that [basics and first techs] for this mini-round, which is 6 weeks long, it could get kinda boring, it would be the same thing over and over...
but with the government units available, for reasonable prices, that could add another dimension (but i would recommend reasonable pricing so they don't rule the round, or else everyone would only use gov units = boring)

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Maxi said:
Remember guys, this topic is for discussion/suggestions for the mini-round. ;)
Next time, don't ignore warnings. Keep flames out. Ty.

I personally think that the mini-round will be most fun in 'normal' age 4 mode, no special twists, units disabled, or whatever. Could be interesting seeying how a 5-min tick round goes. Also, I think it's much more worth for Azzer to put time into the new Age than spending precious coding time into some short mini-round. ;)

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

My suggestion for the round:

Larger allies. (Faster ticks means rushes are easier, so you need a better spread of routes)

Remove AR completely instead, up injuries for solos.
(a pet peeve of mine, could be nice to try out)

Reinstate base bounty.

That is all.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

I think the vote multiplier for when you vote should be doubled, since there will be same number of ticks but you will only be able to vote once a day? and the round is only six weeks. Just so it keeps up

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

Not sure if this is the right thread in which to post it, but Azzer's set-up for this mini-round sounds like great fun, I'm really looking forward to it!

Ranzou

Harvester

I was hoping there would be a base bounty or something too. I tried desperately to make it work this round but the bounty system sucks at the moment.

The majority of my bounty was gained from solos. Seeing as there won't be any solos around, obtaining full bounty (sending eta 5 with flak/geos) is going to be much harder - people tend to defend their alliance mates.