What's with the Solo bashing?

SentiNell

Weeder
Re: What's with the Solo bashing?

Hmm....just an idea that popped into my mind.

We want to keep solo's for people that want to play inactively, but want this game to be more alliance orientated. Why not make solo's not able to portal, keep solo's as a way to play the game for fun, but keep portal places strictly for alliance players.

So if say top 10 portals and 2 solo's are in top 10, then player 11 and 12 (if allianced) will make the end top 10 portal rankings. Thus if you want to play competative you have to play allianced to have a chance of being able to show it of at round end. If you play for fun then be solo all you want as ranking is not your goal thus not able to portal isn't a problem at all.

Something has to prevent a group of solo's forming an alliance last week of the game though. Not sure how to prevent that yet. Allow only pure solo's? If you want to switch mid-game then it forces you to delete and start over? But what to do with people changing alliances or getting kicked? Be sure to not get kicked as this solo form might not have AR as the focus is on being allianced so be sure to get back in one soon?

Just my 2 cents.

P.S.
No I am not back into the game nor will I, I just do read the forum on occassion.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

SentiNell said:
Hmm....just an idea that popped into my mind.

P.S.
No I am not back into the game nor will I, I just do read the forum on occassion.

It was good to see you anyway Senti :)

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Hmm just barring solos from portal and awards might help. And it would be easy to say tat the ID must have been allied for more than 50% of the ticks it was registered, and have been classified as allied within the last week of the round, to be able to portal.

Another way would be to reduce AR protection according to rank.. (Top 100 = No AR Below 500= Full AR)

Or just make AR non-lethal: If you trigger it just blocks you from killing and landing, up to a percentage...

(I.e. the higher AR mod, less staff and acres can be killed/stolen)