• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alliance suggestion

Garrett

Landscape Designer
ok so i expect this to fly like a led zepplin... but here goes...

flak wars right? still alot of people unwilling to attack/send/ etc so round after round only a couple allies slug it out at start

what if all alliances were public? they don't have to remain public but serially... it works both ways, you'd know who is currently in an ally and who is currently solo.

yeah makes it bad for the solos who start with a 75% ar boo hoo... You still wouldn't have spies to see if 10573074302 people sent on the solo... if you are going to trigger... etc

but people wouldn't have to worry as much about intel scans... initially...

In retooling the HQ, make being a private alliance a HQ tech!

It can be fairly early on. Maybe retool the empty land dev and get out a basic structure with something like 'closed boarders' and on your basic land/basic structure... you basically have a fence with guards (no not actually units, just that your alliance is finally starting to have some organization and so no one can just peek over your boarders)

So yeah, come up with some way not to abuse, but pretty much makes intel less crucial at the start. allows people to start attacking the crap outta everyone... it pretty much levels the playing field

Thanks for listening.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Re: Alliance suggestion

But does it really level the playing field?
I would do the following:

* Attack any big members of a smaller alliance over and over
* Organise mass hits on smaller allies
* Hit the solo's like you said.

A good change?
How does it level the playing field?

Lupus

Head Gardener

i think ppl should give it a go see what happens might be fun might be a disaster but i wonder if azzer could code that b4 the 6 weeks fake round start so we could have a bit of fun, and if it doesn't work not like it matters. Personally i like it, :D

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Twigley said:
But does it really level the playing field?
I would do the following:

* Attack any big members of a smaller alliance over and over
* Organise mass hits on smaller allies
* Hit the solo's like you said.

A good change?
How does it level the playing field?

how does this change how the game works today? honestly you already do those things.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Maybe you pick them well at the start. but i cant :/

Garrett

Landscape Designer

ally id's get out at the start. not all of them but a fair few. you can't say you've never had any id's prior to start and you can't say you never used them to your advantage. I know better.

This gives everyone a chance to enjoy the fun.

Plus if you make going private a HQ tech, it goes towards making the HQ more useful.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

I, for one, love the tention on round start not knowing if the target is allianced and heavely defended or psolo and easy land. keeps us more on our toes you might say.
if this will be inserted i think round starts will become more of a routine like the rest of the round which, in my eyes, is a bad thing.