nobreakspace (Official community resource - News/Updates)

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
Re: nobreakspace

correct me if im wrong but i thought the whole thing with extensions and so fourth was that they must be available to everyone?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

It is available to everyone.
Just like P-Units are.
You just got to pay £5..

Illumination

Head Gardener

So if I were to donate 5 pounds now, would it only last me til the end of the round, or is it permanent once you pay for it?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Not a clue.
I donated like 4/5 months ago being the only one to do it as a thanks ...

/me shrugs

roger rabbit

Harvester

then it would nice to hear from polo and hear the answer from him. otherwise he's missing out on revenues.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

aye, if it has become donations only then i would donate

otherwise i'll just wait

we beseach ye oh mighty Polo, tell us your will!!!!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Currently a locked out credit card (which has been that way for some time now) has prevented donations.

Then again, if this is to be provided on a paid for basis only, it might have to be further reviewed to analyse the impact this would have upon further dividing the playerbase between haves and have nots.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

I laugh at all you noobs who need this extension to play properly!

Come on Polo, fix the damn thing already plz! :(

philipd12

Harvester

i dont rely on it :D just makes life alot easier :\ lol

Illumination

Head Gardener

I think the nobreakspace is a great tool-kudos to polo for developing it. I can see how the experienced players are frustrated by it-it does cut the learning curve in the game drastically- no counting ticks-defense on your attacks all lined up clearly for you.

But I also think this is needed. Bushtarion in moving along in its years and there is a huge gap between the people who have been playing for 5-6 years and those that are just starting. Its very difficult for someone newer in the game to come close to competing with the old timers (and I agree that normally this is just a given truth, experience earned deserves a more successful account). But when the life of the game is at stake, I would think that all that can be done to level the playing field for the new players would be implemented. The top will still come out on top- but the newer player can at least focus on the routes and what does well against what...without having to figure out what tick comes after early morning in a given season.

tyedyegoddess

Weeder

wanted to let you know, in the acreage on the overview, where it has the percentage, the alt over it says that it helps "aparenly" without the t before the ly. Not being picky, just something I picked up on lol

LOVE the program, by the way :)

Jubjub

Planter

So do we have to pay for this now? Mine has not been working for about a week, and i really don't want to turn my clock back to get it working again. Or is it just that Polo hasn't had time to fix?

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

yes an answer from Polo would be very nice

im more than happy to pay if i have to...

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I paid and he sorted it out straight away. I think that's your answer.

buckwheat

Weeder

atsanjose said:
LOL, so sorry for the herpes polo :p

The stupid herpes comments are getting old atsanjose, im pretty sure your the same one who keeps posting this comment in the alliance politics too, grow up and come up with a new quote. It`s kind of like the idiot who keeps posting the stupid star trek comments in the alliance politics over and over again.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

buckwheat said:
atsanjose said:
LOL, so sorry for the herpes polo :p

The stupid herpes comments are getting old atsanjose, im pretty sure your the same one who keeps posting this comment in the alliance politics too, grow up and come up with a new quote. It`s kind of like the idiot who keeps posting the stupid star trek comments in the alliance politics over and over again.

iam p-solo TANK you very much...

but if you would have surfed the forums more frequently you would have found the real evil genius behind the herpes spreading...

for now, everyone who gives me buckweat's id will be imune to the herpes even if your names begin with a g and end with arett, begin with a t end and with something like obypopulies

anyway ill offer you an upgrade to aids if you wish.

rainbowape

Weeder

just to reiterate what a few have said already really and expand slightly.

mine too hasnt been working for a good few days, dunno how long exactly, my short term memory loss isnt the best ;) Does anyone know polo personally? is he actually ok? I mean it doesnt seem like him to do this without actually mentioning anything. i dont know him but have read most his posts in threads concerning his wonderful tool (ahem, cough, splutter), and think he must be a decent chap, but the thing with only knowing someone virtually (and i bet we have all come across this) is when someone gets ill or has an accident etc. and all we know is that they havent been online for ages. could this lack of clarifcation by Polo be something like that? i hope not. :?

I think its a shame the free element has gone out of it, if that is indeed the case. Not that I wouldnt pay, I would've done already but have only just got myself a job after uni ended and there are more important things to pay right now, no p-unit either yet for the first time in many rounds. :shock:

I just think the free element is quite important especially if you are new to the game, you're gonna get pwnd anyways but to be at a greater disadvantage cos you havent paid for something, you know little about or arent sure whether it is worth the money yet, is a shame ...dont even get me started on open-source software :twisted:

Dematto

Weeder

there's still a few bugs in the add-on, dunno if Polo will actually ever bother to work on it or fixing it again..

- It doesn't parse paste januari 1 (newyear bug)
- It doesn't know there is no februari 29th
- Stealth defence doesn't show up on the 'allied' list.