What makes Bushtarion actualy Bushtarion ? And.....

Sekishi

Pruner
Hello again, mr Boredom here. I thought for a change i would make a discussion topic instead of a suggestion. Recently the decay of the game has becomme noticable to the major community. Several have tried to warn about this for about two years and been made fun off or rediculed. My own suggestion while radical ive never seen that would have been a other game because 90% of it would either be based on current coding, or simply be remakes of things already in the game in a fresh light. Its like playing the sequel to a strategie game, the names of the races are pretty much the same, even unit names but the actual abilities and stats or even battle options are widly different making it stil seam rather fresh.

Bushtarion needs work or it will die. Azzer has started the process but Azzer is 1 man, a very busy man. Everything the community can do to lessen his workload by either making suggestions thats "Near Complete level" cooperate to offer a broad opinion on stat changes needed at the end of each round. And im not saying that say PA stats should change just because tones went PA a round, boosting a other route would be a better solution in this case. But for now i want everyone to take a look at the game. And think "What makes Bushtarion actualy Bushtarion to you"

To me, Bushtarion has always been a Wargame. A Wargame focusing around Routes with Different Specialities functioning on a very high tick speed of 10 Min a tick. A game that had a community that was rather tight and could work together to solve crisis's approaching the game, or simply have fun together as a whole while having respect for each other. By the time i stoped playing Bushtarion however had turned into a "Free for All" aspect. Solo's have becomme a sutch powerfull force its destroying the entire alliance structure of the game, few top players notice this because they stil have their groups. But the rest cant really build a group without being totaly destroyed by the biggest groups or all the solo's around. Bushtarion is losing its unity.

The second thing i want everyone to consider is this: If the game was ever remade "totaly" what should be keept and why ? What definatly needs to change and why ? What should the focus of the game be, what kind of gameplay should it advertise ? What kind of new things are needed in the game ?

I personaly have many views on this as someone that has played a long time but lost the will to play since the game went towards a direction of decay and people just ridiculed all attempts to make others aware of it and change the flow. Im stil lingering around, like many old venterans that "Consider" trying Bushtarion again and again, but seing the same decaying community and game thats not taking its decay seriusly and being willing to do all it takes to get the back game on its feet. So im asking all of you. Whats your views on all of this ? Invite alliance members to take part in your politics threads. Get the community going gather the troopers and get feedback and lets see if we all find things that can be done to save Azzer some work and at the same time give a strong feedback on what directions the game should be taking from now on.

Thank you for reading to this point. I hope as many as possible will share their views, and not just read and not share. The community can no longer survive unless more voices are heard.

- Sekishi

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Re: What makes Bushtarion actualy Bushtarion ? And.....

This is a good thread Sordes. Very good and perhaps for a first time I do not regret wasting my time to read a post of yours ;)

Also, good choice for making it a discussion rather than a suggestion.

Here I am going to lay my thoughts.

Back when I began playing, a friend of mine came with this silly browser game that had no graphics, only letters and words. In an era of Diablo and CounterStrike, in a place full of people who didn't know English, I started playing this game. Then my friends started doing the same and even though they didn't know a world in English, they kept playing. Back then we had a small 4-th page alliance, the 4th page was as big as our first page at the moment. We were buying officers with tons and being slaughtered left and right. That didn't mean a thing though, because back then we were playing TOGETHER, as a TEAM.

Then, five rounds later, we were one of the alliances fighting for rank 1. We got owned again. Some rounds later, most of us began making their way to some of the top groups, finishing in winning alliances. Later pure solo got introduced and we realised that in order to do well, we didn't need that GROUP effort enymore. Not only that, but it was easier to do better alone than in alliance. Especially playing not-so-actively on a mediocore level.

Playing as solo limits your connections and interaction with other players, which leads to losing interest in the game faster.

Bushtarion has been and WILL always be a team game and as such it will prosper. Sordes used a phrase which suits the current situation quite well. Free-for-all. That is what it is at the moment.

In the past there wasn't a round in which we couldn't see a flame thread about certain alliance in the "War discussion" section, now whole rounds pass without a single post being made in that same section which used to be most posted section on.

Series of stupid changes has made this game more solo oriented which, in my opinion, is killing Bushtarion.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

I was brought in by friends as well, and over the years it's probably the main reason i've stayed. How many of us have quit then come back because someone special asked us to join an ally ?

The only people who play in allies now are the ones going for the win, or who completely are die hard alliance players who really at the end of the day accept they aren't going to win and move on.

Trying to stay positive. If the game were remade totally , what I would like to see kept is just simply the ability to go out steal someones acres/zero thier troops and have fun with that basic concept. When you play a war game with a computer, there is no whining that it was too easy /hard, the computer either bounces back and kicks your ass or you win. If you lose, you start over, if you win, you turn the game onto the next hardest setting and try again. Keep it simple.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

For those defending uber solo play...

really in your head how do the two following scenarios play out??

"...yeah come on and join us, we got a bunch of us peoples hanging around trying to kill stuff and make our alliance awesome"

"...yeah come on and join me, well actually I have 2 spots already by people who know how to play the game, but I'm sure if you ask around there is someone willing to pnap you... no you don't have anything other than irc... you don't have irc? oh well there is a helper system and someone will be along eventually to help you out"

you can shorten scenario 2 by saying 'hey wanna play solo in a war game?'

so as far as building a community... which scenario is better? without a community the game dies. oh guess what's happening...

oh i guess it's not important to build up players before worrying about the tweaks that need to take place.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Freedom of choice is not same thing as freedom to kill a game for easier round.

I joined this game too after playing some rounds of plantarion, we formed a group and learned the game. At the beginning I remember how we thought at the beginning of every round how that is the round we finally go for rank 1. Yet we got killed, then we somehow managed to get 2nd-3rd spot on alliance ranks and decided to go for next round.

I wouldnt be here without those people I started to play with. I wouldnt be here without the groups I have played since, and for sure I will not be here in the future watching how this game is dieing by "freedom of choice".

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

I think those that consider game loosing players only because there are more solo's this days are mistaking. As Azzer said, it's normal the game to loose players, sooner or later everybody will go away and without advertising or other ways to get new guys in the numbers will no doubt drop. There are other games out there that are more solo orientated and have way more success than bush. Tribal wars anyone ? We lost alot of bush players to Tribal wars .. the irony.
Can't see the reason for this thread other than boredom .. new age is beeing coded as we speak so i don't see why you'd say the game needs work .. it's beeing done :p Plus many of your posts include " Azzer is one man, he is so busy etc " I think other than playing games, coding, and some social life he ain't doing much, so stop defending him, mom :p

Augustus

Head Gardener

Garrett said:
so as far as building a community... which scenario is better? without a community the game dies. oh guess what's happening...

That is true in some respects. But not everyone will play this game for the community, after all its a game. A large portion of the player base play inactively, because it suits there lifestyle. I have already been playing for a few rounds and already I have noticed how time consuming it is to play in a half decent Alliance.

The real attraction of the game when I joined was that it was rewarding in many ways. Bounty Hunting, Law and Fame were things that could be achieved to make a low ranked player feel some sense of achievement. With the removal of these subsiduary aspects of the game, there is nothing for an inactive player to really achieve in this game. Value and EFF rankings require activity and skill in the most part, which is something not everyone can offer. Now I'm not saying that Bounty hunting, Law and Fame should be reinstated (although I would like to see it happen) because I know there will be uproar amongst the more vocal people in forums.

What I am suggesting is that something is offered to keep inactive people interested and feeling rewarded by their achievements. The Quests system that has been proposed is a perfect way to do this. Maybe also having some Profile Awards that carry a clear instruction as to how you achieve them, such as the Compulsive Collector award requiring you to bribe at least one of every unit in the game. Giving people something to achieve other than portalling for Value or Eff will increase the satisfaction everyone can get from the game. Feeling rewarded by a game is one of the main reasons someone will keep playing a game.

My main reason for this perspective is that IMO it will keep more inactive people playing the game. Why? Because like it or not, Inactives are the foundation of this game. Lose them and you lose the bottom of the food chain.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

More people = Bigger sense of acheivement = More drive to war = More interesting rounds = More people

We need more people.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

Twigley said:
More people = Bigger sense of acheivement = More drive to war = More interesting rounds = More people

We need more people.

We have a winner!!!

Sekishi

Pruner

Need more people. The most foolish reply here so far. Along with Darksiders current new Age coding comment. All material released on the age bit so far, indicates. Its totaly the same with just tiny changes. Nothing will change on the Routes and Units. Same unballanced and vulnerable structure, same tactics with pretty much same units. Solo situation will take stil 3 rounds atlest before its solved. Azzer is taking it to slow he should simply keept it as it is 1 more round but state "Next round No more Solo" thats more then enough headsup. Azzer is simply afraid that making a radical change will scare away alot of his current remaining smal base. When the thruth is, he has probably a bigger base that has already left because he doesent actualy change anything thats actualy important. And the game is losing players Twigley, why not add ways to bring new into your post and not just spam ? while i dont mind the bump. This thread has more then just boredom to it. It actualy has a meaning since Azzer has never done what really needs to be doing. Sorry to say but just leaving it to him and wait and see will only bring disaster. Games lose players because of bad managment. Simple as that. Good managment keeps comming up with new ways to keep its players entertained and interested and makes them grow instead. And when a game reaches its end they have a "New Updated game" that players can convert to the day its actualy dead. If Azzer hadent been so stuborn about doing everything himself he could have worked on his RPG to get it ready while Bushtarion could have becomme more community driven. His stubornness is pretty much a problem for his own incomme. He is running a buisniss, his buisniss is games, to make money of his games he needs dedicated players. He loses them each round more and more.

The majory of Bush right now. Is players thats played so long that they are getting bored because its the SAME EVERY SINGLE ROUND. Same Routes, Same Tactics, Same overall Combo's, same people in the top, same problem with Solo's triggering, same start, same ways to play each route. ITS BORING. The only thing that has even keept bush going so long, is its Community. Not the quality of the game, its not a classic like Starcraft or any of those games. He is just damn lucky the community has held together, but since he has refused to do something about Solo for so long, and even now dont go far enough. He will lose that soon aswell. Wake up and stop being bloody naive. Most of you aint kids anymore

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Sordes, my post doesn't say work doesn't need to be done.
Hell i even prodded Azzer to make the Creators hour so for you to say such things as i am foolish etc surprises me alot.
I have already posted suggestions and gave them in Creators hour.
I was just throwing something else into this thread (A thread that is repeating so much stuff already stated in the past so i don't know what is spam, this thread or what i said.)

Thanks for your random post on saying how the game needs changing when everyone already knows this fact though.
Wait for the next age or carry on posting SUGGESTIONS rather than the same old "Work needs to be done".

Same again next month?

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

No twigs, I think this thread was not about what to change or how to change. This thread was originally about what got you to stay, what made bushtarion to be the game you started to play. If you even read topic it says "What makes bushtarion actually bushtarion".
Pretty much after first few replies it was turned in to similar "gripe/suggestion" thread as there is 100 others already. If you go to actually read first post of this thread, then read first and 2nd reply and then compare those to for example Darksiders post you will very fast realize that darksider didnt post about topic at all, but instead turned once again good thread to flame war.
You Twigley instead of actually reading those posts posted following Darksiders pattern and didnt post about topic at all. So yes I actually might call you foolish.
Isnt there mods who should keep these posts on topic?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Blackwolf, the original post has phrases like:

Bushtarion needs work or it will die...*Snip*

Point been made 100 times before.

To me, Bushtarion has always been a Wargame...*Snip*

Point been made 100 times before.

Solo's have becomme a sutch powerfull force its destroying the entire alliance structure of the game, few top players notice this because they stil have their groups. But the rest cant really build a group without being totaly destroyed by the biggest groups or all the solo's around. Bushtarion is losing its unity.

Few threads on this already

What definatly needs to change and why ? What should the focus of the game be, what kind of gameplay should it advertise ? What kind of new things are needed in the game ....*Snip*

Suggestion made by Sordes already and now re worded.
An insinuation of you like.

A non suggestion like title and a few phrases saying it's not like normal posts doesnt pull the wool over my eyes.
If you are so naive to think this is a discussion rather than a SPAMMY SUGGESTION then good luck to you.
Unlike you, i am not so naive.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Twigley, even suggestions need to be debated about and discussed over. So please stay on-topic, girls, and lay down those handbags. ;)

Sekishi wants to know what particular element of the game makes it so fun and interesting to play and makes you come back day after day. For me, it's all about the community. Wouldn't it be for people/friends you get to know through Alliances & IRC, I would've left years ago. :p

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I'm sorry Twigley if I'm from country where posts, mails, news and basically everything is read as complete, whole post/news thread what evah.
We dont separate lines, sentences and meanings of each word and try to find ways to see those in a way we want. We read the story as whole and we find or try to find what its original poster was thinking and meaning by his post. Yes you can find such lines from Sekishis post, yet I think hes idea behind that post was to determine exactly what makes bushtarion the game you play instead of some modern FPS crap, what made you start and stay.

Jiggy

Weeder

The game needs more people, i think bushtarions downfall.... World of Warcraft basically, to me bushtarion is the same people every round with no new changes, like twigley said it needs more people. The game peaked about 10 rounds ago but those old school players just arent admitting defeat and rufuse to leave. As soon as i discovered wow that was it, bushttarion is nostalgic in a way but i wont be playing again and havent played for 2/3 rounds unless the game is completely revamped and somehow forms a community again.

Sekishi

Pruner

The second thing i want everyone to consider is this: If the game was ever remade "totaly" what should be keept and why ? What definatly needs to change and why ? What should the focus of the game be, what kind of gameplay should it advertise ? What kind of new things are needed in the game ?

Regarding the Foolish comment. Being smart most of the time, and being foolish once stil makes one foolish that one time. The Creator's houer bit was good, perhaps even creat. Its aftermath has however been smal. The point of this thread. Simply put:

What are the most important features in the game. What is really the most important things for its survival. Saying more members wont help at all, since it doesent contribute at all to the actual problems at hand, if one start stating places to advertise etc FOR NEW players. It becommes a usefull response, but just stating the simple fact yes it needs more players doesent help at all. The biggest and easiest group of players to catch for the game is alot of those that left it. Freshen up the game, and alot will want to try it again. But since its all the same round after round, why bother comming back ? If its just talking to people on irc one dont need to play to do that. Thats the point im trying to make. What elements of the game is that needs to be keept, what needs to be done to attract new players, what needs to be done to keep new players, what needs to be really done in actual things not a rounded statment as advertisement, it wont for instance help Azzer at all. Knowing what features OFF Bushtarion to keep for instance that most enjoy, the elements of Bushtarion thats really liked stil ingame etc, thats important to point out. Because if enough good points are found, then Azzer when he finaly comes around to fixing a new structure unless he plans to abandon bush sometime soon he will know what makes the game good for many. So far people really have missed this completly. Does everyone just skimread ?

Wacky

Planter

The games lost its spark.
When you can sit in the top 200 with under 40% AR logging in once a day to check news and then logging out you know somethings wrong.
The whole aspect of competition is gone. Yes maybe you have 2 groups of people battling but once one side wins its over and no one cares.
Most of my friends have quit or are inactive, whats the point of playing a game that is no challenge and has no social interaction to counter this?
You can simply feel it by the amount of posts regarding this problem, the lack of effort etc.

The games dead.........

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Wacky said:
The games dead.........

Yes, solos killed it. Good job solos, good job to me too because I am solo this round as well. Of course I am, I must be really stupid to apply for alliance with my current activity knowing the benefits I would get from being pure solo.

Silly silly silly...

Where did the old "If you want to do well you must be in alliance" go? Solo benefits stole it. I know I will NEVER play in alliance again if something drasticly isn't made to reduce the power solos get. And the fact that I will not play in alliance means that it is more likely for me to leave the game rather than start to play actively again.

Heh, the funny thing is, that in the past I couldn't keep myself from logging into Bush, now I struggle to find a reason to log in...