Triggering Solos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterious

Harvester
Sorry, this is not meant as a gripe against anyone in particular, it is just an outlet where I can vent some frustration.

I think, the way in which solos have manipulated the Government Anti-Rape system so that they are protected is ridiculous and ludicrous. The point of the system is to prevent rape, prevent an overwhelming force from killing a solo player. If this attacking player somehow is able to calculate a force which is not overwhelming, and is able to kill with fairness, and land, then should they be punished?

In my opinion, the way in which some solos (notice I say "some" not all) utilise the government anti-rape system is unfair to other allied and solo players who choose to attack them is unfair. Something needs to be done about this, but whether it is done or not, that is not my place to say, or decide, because, at this moment in time, it kind of seems like the Government forces are at the beck and call of solos who choose to trigger. Surely this is not the point of Government forces? Do you, Azzer, who controls the Governmental forces, who is represented by ID1 as the ruling body of this game, wish to be portrayed in such a way? It is not my place to say, and only you can decide so.

I shall give you an example. If I send a force, that doesn't trigger AR against the solo in question, as well as staying against defenders, then should I be punished the second tick, with AR? Of course, this is done by the solo asking buddies to send a few worthless units to make sure AR is recalced. In my very honest and educated opinion, it should not, but then, each has their own way of interpreting the system. Some may think that the government is meant to be at the beck and call of solos', that solos should not die at all. But this, my friends I find might as well be interpreted as the solos being a wing of the government themselves. Surely, this is not required? If you do not wish to die, then go allied. Get all your solo friends together, of which there are many, and of which all are sufficiently big and active, and make an alliance. You will be a formidable force, trust me.

Whether something is or isn't done about this, I do not have anything against the game, or in fact Azzer. It is a gripe and a gripe it should remain. Whether Azzer reads gripes, which I doubt, it does not matter. What matters, is that this is off my chest :)

As it is, with the state of the game, especially with this type of triggering, I think this shall actually be my last ever round lol. I guess I'm tired of the lack of class that certain players possess, or exude. You may be modest, nice, people in real life, but if you feel you need to be different in this game, then I think it's not really required. I'm tired of the attitude some people have with regard to other people, and I'm tired of this solo triggering, preventing any kind of attacking being done to these solos.

With that, I shall be finished. /Life story :D

Mysterious

Harvester
Re: Triggering Solos

Sorry, this is not meant as a gripe against anyone in particular, it is just an outlet where I can vent some frustration.

If it were in suggestions, I would not have posted. As it is, it is what it says on the tin.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

jeff54321 said:
pretty sure martin made a gripe about this already but w/e

That thread was locked, so even if Freddy had seen it he couldn't have posted in it.

Amen to everything you said, Freddy.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

When something does not work the way it is meant to, then it is broken.

And you either fix broken things, or scrap them.

Not to mention that solos play as "solo" just to get the benefits the game offers them. Their playstyle is not the of a solo actually. They work in groups, they trigger on each other, they farm each other and so on and so on.

Why is that?

Because currently, solo play gives more benefits than playing in alliances. And that is not right. Especially if solos play as a group anyway.

Mysterious

Harvester

You have a point f0xxmeister. But I think what annoys me the most is when solos can't admit when they have been outplayed. Why can't you just either take the land loss, or just DIE. Everyone does. Take it like a man. Why do you need to USE the government in such a way? Sigh. Last post on thematyer by me.

marvin

Tree Surgeon

I didn't bother reading Freds huuuuge essay but I saw the title and I agree whole heartedly with what he wrote! Probably.

<3 Freddy

buckwheat

Weeder

I have had it happen to me aswell, and sure it does piss me off, but why whine like a bunch of babies about it, there mates wont always be on to help trigger AR, its just like their pnaps wont always be there to help them defend you pudgy basterds. So quite your damn whining and crying about AR trigger and play the game, if it takes you three or four times to get through without them bringing in their friends to trigger so be it. It wouldnt surprise me one bit that Martin (the biggest cry baby in the game) had already posted something similiar to this gripe.

mrmongo

Harvester

heres an idea then alliance players... dont hit solo's... why the big thing about only hitting solo's? go and attack an alliance.... but no you just moan vcause u wanna kill solos and you cant cause of ar.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

mrmongo said:
heres an idea then alliance players... dont hit solo's... why the big thing about only hitting solo's? go and attack an alliance.... but no you just moan vcause u wanna kill solos and you cant cause of ar.

Here's an idea...don't talk out of your arse all the time. Most of us can't hit alliances because they're too small because the solos have killed them. All my targets are solo apart from YouSuck.

Augustus

Head Gardener

f0xx said:
Not to mention that solos play as "solo" just to get the benefits the game offers them. Their playstyle is not the of a solo actually. They work in groups, they trigger on each other, they farm each other and so on and so on.

I dont know if this was a misinterpritation on my part, but it sounds like you're saying that the 900 solo players this round are all triggering on each other and working together. The solo triggerers are a minority from what I have seen. Especially since Martin made his Gripe.

Two things need to happen to solve this 'issue'. AR needs to be redesigned so that anyone following that triggers is the only one targeted by AR. And the rules need to be clarified to make it perfectly clear that it is against the rules and not acceptable.

Mysterious

Harvester

Please, can a Mod delete or lock this thread? I don't wish for any arguing to ensue because I wanted to vent frustration on forums. And buckwheat, I kinda take offence at what you are saying. Sure, I'm not happy with what's happened, but have I said I will just continue to whine and not hit them until they die? In fact, if you ask the solo in question, you will find that I sent him a mail, saying how I would repeatedly hit him until he was out of range, or until I was satisfied.

Really, is there such a need to be offensive? At the VERY beginning of my essay, which is mean to be a DETERRENT to people to read this in the first place, it says, it's meant to be venting some frustration. If you don't like it, don't read it. Simple as. No need to make any flaming comments.

As for not hitting solos at all...you don't understand. I didn't trigger AR by myself. I actually had one tick to myself. I won. The point is, if you can't face losing some troops or land, then don't play. Don't just tell people, oh, if you can't figure out a way to get past people who are abusing the system, then just don't attack them at all. What's the point? Where's the danger? You end up just planting and selling for funds. Is that all you want?

And as for only hitting solo's...I don't. I figure it must have been the 2nd or 3rd solo I hit with LETs.

Anyway, can a Mod lock the thread please?

Status
Not open for further replies.