DORO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augustus

Head Gardener
Re: DORO

f0xx said:
Noone said triggering is cheating, asking for someone to trigger on you though, is cheating and you just admitted that you are doing it. No matter how you try to justify your cheating, you will fail.

From what I have understood, it is not against the rules so therefore it cannot be cheating. If this is incorrect then please post a link to the relevent part of the manual/wiki that states this.

And one last thing, as it has been made clear that triggering will not be tolerated amongst Doro members (regardless of its legality), I will not be resorting to it again. However as I am relatively new to the game it annoys me that something that has been presented to me as 'legal', results in a lot of hostility from a portion of the playerbase. You cannot blame me for using a tactic that afik is not against the rules, you should blame Azzer for creating this area of uncertainty.

mvdevnull

Weeder

f0xx said:
Noone said triggering is cheating, asking for someone to trigger on you though, is cheating and you just admitted that you are doing it. No matter how you try to justify your cheating, you will fail.

Yes, this is the way I understood triggering as well.. So, if you mutually agree to attack and trigger then it's against EULA. so, like f0xx said, triggering isn't cheating , but asking someone to trigger is.. therefore... situations discussed in this thread may also be against EULA.

That's my understanding.. but even if it's allowed by azzer or whatever... I won't be doing it or be very friendly with ppl doing it.

philipd12

Harvester

mvdevnull said:
f0xx said:

Yes, this is the way I understood triggering as well.. So, if you mutually agree to attack and trigger then it's against EULA. so, like f0xx said, triggering isn't cheating , but asking someone to trigger is.. therefore... situations discussed in this thread may also be against EULA.

That's my understanding.. but even if it's allowed by azzer or whatever... I won't be doing it or be very friendly with ppl doing it.

If this is the case it will still be very hard for azzer to prove it is done on purpose if it is discussed in different IRC channels

mvdevnull

Weeder

DarkSider said:
...and joined Doro first time this round when i heard f0xx might be trying to ask for triggers against my "resistance" against his rank1 at the very start :D
Yes, f0xx has asked during a one hour period in the channel (and my irc logs have history since round 16ish as seen earlier in post) :p

DarkSider said:
... i left disgusted by the triggering requests that even got support from the aparently leader of the group who spamed the room with the previous requests of trigger.
I assume you are not talking about me(Drivefast). Just thinking... maybe you thought f0xx was leader maybe?
Please tell me if you recall me(Drivefast) "spamming the room with .. requests of trigger" ? Additionally, I'm happy to find in the logs if you give me the ircnick and are interested.

I do agree the leadership of DORO is loose and If DORO even has a leader I guess it's me, i don't do much other than make the bot work and keep a few fundamentals in place, also i REALLY REALLY suck at the game.... I can add/remove ppl from channel but generally most all are welcomed...

DarkSider said:
However a small advice if i may, for Doro members and other players: Once you will be labeled a cheat, all your achievements will be forgoten, all your hard work won't mean as much because you didn't had the strenght to take it like a man when you should have.
Ok you can call it smack talk or call it honesty ... but I think the "newsworthy focus of DORO" especially the frustrations are more often than not tied to the fact that DORO caused some unexpected troop kills last round and could very well do the same this round. regardless, I hope it to be another exciting round and can't wait to see what'll happen.
muhhhahahhahhahhahaahh :twisted:

P.S. teching is slow here for my n00b self :(

Lata - DF

CLem

Head Gardener

Ranzou said:
Intentionally triggering with consent is a lousy way of playing (and I don't condone it), but what do you expect solos (not just DORO) to do when solo life is so difficult?

Play in a flipping alliance if you think solo life is so difficult. This game is not built for solos to win, if you want to go for a high value rank, then join a ftw alliance.

And most of the times solo life is difficult because people chose to take the routes that make it harder for them. Take augustus as an example (nothing personal), shield solo is asking for incs at the start, when you choose the route you know that is comming at you, asking people to trigger so that you can keep your stupid land so you can tech faster is mega lame.

Ranzou

Harvester

CLem said:
Ranzou said:
Intentionally triggering with consent is a lousy way of playing (and I don't condone it), but what do you expect solos (not just DORO) to do when solo life is so difficult?

Play in a flipping alliance if you think solo life is so difficult. This game is not built for solos to win, if you want to go for a high value rank, then join a ftw alliance.

Why should they have to play in an alliance to win? You're stating it's easier to win in an alliance, that's true. Doesn't mean it should be like that, does it? Improve solo play and you please everyone - solos are happier and people won't trigger as much.

CLem said:
And most of the times solo life is difficult because people chose to take the routes that make it harder for them. Take augustus as an example (nothing personal), shield solo is asking for incs at the start, when you choose the route you know that is comming at you, asking people to trigger so that you can keep your stupid land so you can tech faster is mega lame.

Sometimes. However, it doesn't matter what route you go now, your chances of winning are slim. Take Cid a few rounds ago for example - he was rank one until the rank 1 alliance decided to bring him down.

CLem

Head Gardener

In my opinion it does,I see the game is built around alliance play and solo is just an add-on for people who want to play in a semi-competitive environment so hence alliances should be the ones that dominate the top value ranks.

I would not say alliance play is "easier" to win but it should be the only way to win for various reasons, first you don't have AR protection, second you have to be contactable and third even the most "skillfull" team might not win due to politics and "resistance".

Being solo you don't face ANY of those problems except you will get a beating every time you have a low AR mod and you have less advantage at round start. Any with 3 high rank and active solos pnaped together you can't effectively hurt them because of injury and AR and the defense that they get.

And making solo play better doesn't necessarily reduce the number of triggering, in fact if solos make it to the top easier they would like to keep their rank and will take any measure to do so which might lead to more triggering. You cannot say that it will definitely reduce the number of triggering when it is still a "legal" tactic.

Sometimes. However, it doesn't matter what route you go now, your chances of winning are slim. Take Cid a few rounds ago for example - he was rank one until the rank 1 alliance decided to bring him down.

Ranzou if solo play is improved to that it does not matter what route solos go and they are able to have a similar chance to win the top spot as allied players, why would anyone want to be in an alliance when solos group together and can bash and can enjoy government defense with less commitment?

f0xx

Landscape Designer

mvdevnull said:
DarkSider said:
...and joined Doro first time this round when i heard f0xx might be trying to ask for triggers against my "resistance" against his rank1 at the very start :D
Yes, f0xx has asked during a one hour period in the channel (and my irc logs have history since round 16ish as seen earlier in post) :p

You don't seem to understand that this was just a joke, if I wanted to get people to trigger on me Doro would have been the last place I would look for them. Jeez some people fail at humor badly.

Now I am done with posting on this thread, I have expressed my opinion.

[edit] As I see that this is actually DriveFast posting and knowing you are the leader of the group and as it seems you thought I meant this seriosly (getting someone to trigger on me) you still did nothing. I mean, it is YOUR channel and YOUR group. If you are against it, then do something to stop it and stop throwing dirt in the eyes of the people with weak minds.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

f0xx said:
mvdevnull said:
DarkSider said:

You don't seem to understand that this was just a joke, if I wanted to get people to trigger on me Doro would have been the last place I would look for them. Jeez some people fail at humor badly.

Now I am done with posting on this thread, I have expressed my opinion.

[edit] As I see that this is actually DriveFast posting and knowing you are the leader of the group and as it seems you thought I meant this seriosly (getting someone to trigger on me) you still did nothing. I mean, it is YOUR channel and YOUR group. If you are against it, then do something to stop it and stop throwing dirt in the eyes of the people with weak minds.

fail, there is no leader ^_^

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Right, I haven't read *everything*, but I just want to add that in my opinion Solo's are too strong and shouldn't take/be such a big part of the game. I think Bushtarion should be an alliance based game, with most of the players in an alliance and solo mode as an 'extra' option, but which wouldn't get you as high ranked or as good protected as an alliance. Alliances are a big part of the game, you have a social interaction with other players, make 'friends', have fun, etc, which means more players would stick around. Basically, I believe the fact that solo is strong and a lot of players are solo is one of the reasons the player base gets smaller and smaller every round. ;)

Oh, and grey areas are bad. We need that darn Rulebook, and soon. :arrow:

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

mvdevnull said:
DarkSider said:
... i left disgusted by the triggering requests that even got support from the aparently leader of the group who spamed the room with the previous requests of trigger.
I assume you are not talking about me(Drivefast). Just thinking... maybe you thought f0xx was leader maybe?
Please tell me if you recall me(Drivefast) "spamming the room with .. requests of trigger" ? Additionally, I'm happy to find in the logs if you give me the ircnick and are interested.

I do agree the leadership of DORO is loose and If DORO even has a leader I guess it's me, i don't do much other than make the bot work and keep a few fundamentals in place, also i REALLY REALLY suck at the game.... I can add/remove ppl from channel but generally most all are welcomed...

Well if you really want names, Exadra was asking for help against his/her incoming, even said the exact total worth of mobs needed to trigger and jeff who is a sort of leader himself kicking and keeping order in the channel, spamed the room for everybody to send a boost to that id to trigger. You can check your logs, unfortunatelly i don't like to have logs on my mirc.
If your very leaders give have such behaviour no matter what you say it's on some site that i doubt many browse regulary, then you set a very bad example for your members.

mvdevnull said:
DarkSider said:
However a small advice if i may, for Doro members and other players: Once you will be labeled a cheat, all your achievements will be forgoten, all your hard work won't mean as much because you didn't had the strenght to take it like a man when you should have.
Ok you can call it smack talk or call it honesty ... but I think the "newsworthy focus of DORO" especially the frustrations are more often than not tied to the fact that DORO caused some unexpected troop kills last round and could very well do the same this round. regardless, I hope it to be another exciting round and can't wait to see what'll happen.
muhhhahahhahhahhahaahh :twisted:

Well i'm not sure if this is directed at me, however i want to mention i always cheer on an alliance, group or individual who grabs some brains and balls and goes for the kill. I said big words about Deloitte and his jeep gang last round, round wasn't as interesting without them attacking us. My gripe had nothing to do with whatever damage your group might do but it's entirely about several of your members taking the easy way out.

To Augustus: It's possible to loose land at 70% ar, but that's not a problem. It's very probable once you are found to be a good solo target to get alot of incomings, many of them to resend as soon as they get back. However at round start with 2 pnaps, 90% ar mod and good activity you have almost no problems holding your acres when online. Why is it so much problem for you if you loose land once or twice at at 70% ar, max out your ar mod and steal some land back ? "Free" ar mod is great.
I started the round in a 1 man alliance, had no troops and alot of bot's land. I was the supreme target :D You can imagine my overview screen was always red, from top alliance i had some guys sending a ton of incs - i counted the biggest and they sent 17 13 and 11 times on me. Yet i don't think you saw any complains of mine anywhere, had to go solo and buy some troops and keep raping bots. Problem is when you are in an enviroment where others choose the easy way out and you are about to loose land you really don't want it to happen seeing how easy is to trigger. Why is it so bad to take 2 land looses from 5k acres, go stealing 500 back fast and have your ar mod enough to give you an easy life for another day while you try to get some extra back? Round start it's just a small fraction of the round, not worth to loose your respect for it. I feel your last round awards will be seen with diferent eyes now, is it really worth to have a bad reputation just to finish your tech 1 day earlier ? Is it worth when the round ends and you hold a portal spot in valuation for which you put alot of effort over the entire round somebody to slap you over face with "Well you cheated so it doesn't count" ? And it doesn't have to be an unknown random person, even your triggering buddy knowing at one point you cheated should make you feel bad.
And mutual attacking is still illegal, even try sending to attack your pnap and will tell you that. Azzer said triggering isn't illegal to avoid getting spammed as much about this subject about players that randomly trigger on solo's.

jeff54321

Harvester

mvdevnull said:
Code:
FAQ-=>
Q:If we are in doro (normal solo), and later change to an alliance, can I stay in the group?
A:Sorry - Psolo and Solo only.

Q:Originally DORO stood for "Death Of Rank One". Is this the meaning of your existance?
A:DORO has evolved into a general catch-all for any Solo's interest and should not be confused to be a death-to-rank-1 group.

Example:Even though DORO members tend to have an interest in a rank#1 resistance - you are just as likely to see a few spankin's dished to rank 12! You could even see a few guys spanking rank 12 and a DORO friend of rank12 crying in the channel about it.

[/b]Q:Can I ask people in channel to trigger on me?
A:Triggering is against EULA - it's been said it's hard to enforce, but we want to play fair. If you ask, you'll be denied. If someone asks you, don't break the EULA.[/b]

Q:When will DORO get more exciting? it's tick 1500 and there's not much activity in DORO?
A:Because we can't defend each other, we have to buy more troops than a typical alliance member. The bad news is teching seems to go a little slower. The good news is - get your developments and teching done - and the fun will begin!! :P

drivefast

seeing as people are confused about the "rules" they were added 2 days ago. so if you see somebody triggering give a stop by the channel, and we will remove them if they're even in doro

Augustus

Head Gardener

Darksider the problem I have is that I am still relatively new to the game. I rely a lot on what people tell me and this is where the problem with triggering lies. Some say it is legal, others say it isn't. I asked before and I will ask again, can someone please post a link to the manual/wiki which states that it is against the rules, because as far as I can tell it isn't.....it just pisses a lot of people off.

DarkSider said:
Why is it so much problem for you if you loose land once or twice at at 70% ar, max out your ar mod and steal some land back ? "Free" ar mod is great.

Well the problem is more that the lowest it has been on average is 70%. even at 80%+ people have landed easily on me, and then they have come back for more. The rate it gets taken makes it very hard to replace, so your suggestion doesn't really appeal to me. Also, I dont care too much for peoples opinion of me or how I have achieved what I have achieved. Afik, I have not broken any rules......so why should I care if people dislike me for it?

Another thing to add is Martin made a point of coming into the Doro chatroom and then announce he wanted to say hi to all the people he stole land from that day. He then mentioned twice that he had stole land from me, as the first time I didnt pay much attention. IMO all this does is enflame the situation and certainly made me more likely to resort to triggering....especially if Martin was attacking. As an IRC op he is hardly acting the responsible role that he is meant to be and has only helped to worsen the situation by rubbing salt in the wounds.

And finally I will repeat, that now that I am aware that Doro does not tolerate triggering, I am not resorting to it. But this area of the game needs to be clarified, as I have till not seen any cast iron proof that it is against the rules. And at present, the only thing that opposes it, is a lot of moaning and threatening comments from the older playerbase....

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Direct link to EULA

And this is the rule you are looking for:

4. You may not mutually agree to give or receive in game land or in game staff/units/troops from your Account to any other Account or from any other Account to your Account, nor may you mutually agree to any attacks whereby both attacker and defender have agreed it is purely to modify any in-game statistics which includes but is not limited to honour, fame, most distracted, most disabled. Any breach of the definition of "land farming" (mutually agreeing to in game land exchanges from or to your Account) "troop trading" (mutually agreeing to in game staff/units/troops exchanges from or to your Account) or "pre-arranged attacks" (whereby all attackers and defenders have agreed to the attack beforehand with the intent of minimal losses purely to gain in-game statistics such as honour, fame, most distracted, most disabled etc.) can result in you losing access to your Account permanently.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Augustus said:
Darksider the problem I have is that I am still relatively new to the game. I rely a lot on what people tell me and this is where the problem with triggering lies. Some say it is legal, others say it isn't. I asked before and I will ask again, can someone please post a link to the manual/wiki which states that it is against the rules, because as far as I can tell it isn't.....it just pisses a lot of people off.

DarkSider said:
Why is it so much problem for you if you loose land once or twice at at 70% ar, max out your ar mod and steal some land back ? "Free" ar mod is great.

Well the problem is more that the lowest it has been on average is 70%. even at 80%+ people have landed easily on me, and then they have come back for more. The rate it gets taken makes it very hard to replace, so your suggestion doesn't really appeal to me. Also, I dont care too much for peoples opinion of me or how I have achieved what I have achieved. Afik, I have not broken any rules......so why should I care if people dislike me for it?

Another thing to add is Martin made a point of coming into the Doro chatroom and then announce he wanted to say hi to all the people he stole land from that day. He then mentioned twice that he had stole land from me, as the first time I didnt pay much attention. IMO all this does is enflame the situation and certainly made me more likely to resort to triggering....especially if Martin was attacking. As an IRC op he is hardly acting the responsible role that he is meant to be and has only helped to worsen the situation by rubbing salt in the wounds.

And finally I will repeat, that now that I am aware that Doro does not tolerate triggering, I am not resorting to it. But this area of the game needs to be clarified, as I have till not seen any cast iron proof that it is against the rules. And at present, the only thing that opposes it, is a lot of moaning and threatening comments from the older playerbase....

You chose a route which is weak until you are fully teched, later in the round you will very very rarely, if ever lose land. I went into DORO to chat to people, then it happened that 3 people said I stole land off them so I joked about saying hi to all those I took land off. I mentionned I took your land so you could join in the anti-Martin view of some others in DORO. I hardly would class myself as petty enough to brag about flakking someone and taking their land (some may beg to differ).

I am not an Op, never have and I very much doubt I ever will be. I am although within my rights to still have a personality, no matter what status I would have in the community.

"I am not resorting to it" - Yes you did, you admited it?

As the title said I tainted DORO, probably falsly. I then edited the post to include other solos as it's impossible for us allies to tell the difference. This thread was started as a gripe against those solos who trigger, I falsly labelled those solos as "DORO".

mrmongo

Harvester

BORED... does anyone in this game ever stop moaning... seriously.. just get on with it find a way past it and quit moaning like little girls. Triggering has always happened, among big players and small players, by accident and on purpose. Dont like it? go solo and do it yourself... if we change everything cause people dont like it then the game will never have continuity... i dislike how much it costs for me to tech.... takin ages... but that doesnt mean that my dev costs shud be reduced. get over it, move on, shut up. :D

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

We don't want to change something in the game, nobody made a suggestion for the game to change just to enforce the rules that are already written. If you don't have something constructive to say you can follow your own advice.

Augustus

Head Gardener

f0xx said:
Direct link to EULA

And this is the rule you are looking for:

4. You may not mutually agree to give or receive in game land or in game staff/units/troops from your Account to any other Account or from any other Account to your Account, nor may you mutually agree to any attacks whereby both attacker and defender have agreed it is purely to modify any in-game statistics

Triggering AR doesnt fall under the bracket of Statistics....

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

If you ask them to attack you, and then they attack you to comply with your wishes - it is a mutual attack. I always thought that was the rule? It's just impossible to prove so can't be inforced.

mrmongo

Harvester

DarkSider said:
We don't want to change something in the game, nobody made a suggestion for the game to change just to enforce the rules that are already written. If you don't have something constructive to say you can follow your own advice.

So why are people moaning then... moaning about something is an indirect appeal for change. Surely your intelligent enough to understand that DS or are you like a lot of other people looking at who wrote the post and jumping on the bandwaggon of dislike? The Rules say attacking to change stats right... well triggering isnt a stat, so in that case its legal.

What i said was constructive... isntead of moaning... do something about it.... whats more constructive than that? and people wonder why i get angry with them... when they post ignorance at me saying im non constructive... pffft but then people will never stop moaning and bitching so ill just sit back and pity the fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.