• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Scanning with a click

Kali

Weeder
Lazy scum I am, I thought it would be cool to have scan buttons on the search-result page.

Like:
Search Results (20 total results, max 30 per page)
ID Rank Tag Owner Company Acres Valuation SCAN
3767 755 B 22 The Bots 1,381 £154,075,763 D F H S
2730 768 B 12 The Bots 1,374 £140,327,407 D F H S
9878 775 B 32 The Bots 1,334 £137,988,290 D F H S
3161 737 B 28 The Bots 1,275 £174,302,969 D F H S
3349 771 B 31 The Bots 1,166 £139,601,630 D F H S

This way you would only have to click on D F H S (Drive By, Fly Over, Haxor, Spy) to get the scan for the account.

But then again, maybe its just lazy me.

Ranzou

Harvester
Re: Scanning with a click

I wanted to make the suggestion that the results on a search page should also be given in list format, so that it is easier to copy them into the intel page. The way you've suggested it, you would only be able to do one scan at a time right?

Kali

Weeder

Ranzou said:
I wanted to make the suggestion that the results on a search page should also be given in list format, so that it is easier to copy them into the intel page. The way you've suggested it, you would only be able to do one scan at a time right?

correct

philipd12

Harvester

would make my life so much easier not having to press Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. All the time.
good idea =D

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I think it has already been suggested in the past, and shot down because of it being too easy and requiring no more effort to play or in this case gather intelligence. Might aswell have one big red button on which you click and it kills everyone else? ;)

Anyways, maybe a nice suggestion for Nobreakspace?

f0xx

Landscape Designer

We had exactly this feature in Timster's site and it was really nice.

The comparison you are making Maxi is a bit exaggerated.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

That's the whole point of the comparison f0xx, where do we draw the line in making things 'easier' for the user? :p

Although I agree that an addition like this wether it be Bush or Nobreakspace integrated would be very nice.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Maxi said:
That's the whole point of the comparison f0xx, where do we draw the line in making things 'easier' for the user? :p

Hmm... you are right actually and while I agree with the suggestion I can see what you mean too.

I've always found it quite tedious that I must have the search page opened in one window and then the intel page opened in another and manually copy/paste the IDs from the search to the intel. I do believe this suggestion will have biggest impact on newest players though as vets are already used to the routine of hacking/spying/flying over.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

It probably will be added at some point when I go over adding random "nicities" to the game (ie "pointless but handy/useful" features). It's a feature I agree with.

Chezz

Harvester

8) Congrats! Azzer's 300th post! :D

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Azzer said:
It probably will be added at some point when I go over adding random "nicities" to the game (ie "pointless but handy/useful" features). It's a feature I agree with.

I'm mildly disappointed with that to be honest. I don't see why intelligence should be made any easier. It's not like tabs haven't made intel pretty easy anyways....

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Ooh nice, I remember Azzer being *against* this last time, on the old forums. :p

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Alcibiades said:
I'm mildly disappointed with that to be honest. I don't see why intelligence should be made any easier. It's not like tabs haven't made intel pretty easy anyways....

Exactly, all it's doing is emulating tabs - making user interface easier is not the same as making the game easier (in most respects, though obviously sometimes/some areas it verges more towards "automation" than "interface"). Tidying up the interface, modernising it for the modern day and younger web user, is definitely a positive thing in a lot of areas for continuing to bring in new customers.

vlad

Harvester

But dont forget not everyone can have an Addon or know about it :D