• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alliances should be reduced to 10

xocanth

Digger
Agreed, may lead to a greater number of alliances competing FTW and more generally..

I think this was brought up before and the argument against went along the lines of: too few players in alliance means the 10 left need insane activity for clock coverage. I can see that argument 10+years ago, but now the player base has shrunk to a hundred or so active players, even in lockdown. Many of those prefer solo play. Smaller alliances may keep things competitive at the top and all the way down, creating a bit of positive chaos! Positive I feel, despite the game falling off this mortal coil.

damfrankie

Pruner
Agreed; alliances should be reduced to exactly 6.4 players per alliane; no more, no less. It's optimal in every sense.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Noooooo it would boost activity requirements and make the remaining players even worse off. Hard pass. Next!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Hey I can count the number of times I have been right about something on here on one finger. Don't take this away from me. Even though it's actually 12. Close as I'm gonna get tho
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, son. Next!