Land Cap

Tim

Harvester
I'm not too sure on the new changes to the land cap - as the portal post says it affects route-based and unit developments. Does this mean intel techs count towards the magical figure or can one develop intelligence scans without being affected, assuming they do either 0 or 1 other applicable developments?

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Re: Land Cap

Okay, another land cap question.

What is the percentage to attack without getting land cap?

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I have harde question... does this land cap hit percentage after percentage of wheelers or before it?
like if after its 100 * 12% = 12 acres * cap
or
100* (12%*cap)

Basicly if you send 100 wheelers which would steal 3 acres can they still steal 3 acres if the possibility would be to steal 1000 acres but theres only 100 wheelers around. Or those wheelers are unable to steal single acre due cap.

2nd question is that is there anything to prevent continuous attacking? Instead of just stealing 15% same guy can now come back over and over again to steal more bit by bit?

Darryl

Head Gardener

Tim said:
I'm not too sure on the new changes to the land cap - as the portal post says it affects route-based and unit developments. Does this mean intel techs count towards the magical figure or can one develop intelligence scans without being affected, assuming they do either 0 or 1 other applicable developments?

The developments which definitely do not count towards the two are:

All intelligence developments
The first geo development (but not the second, as you get a unit)
Engineering

All route developments, other generic developments (such as tractors, seed thieves, etc) count towards the limit.

Melnibone

Head Gardener

You sure Darryl? Azzer said in IRC it was like a PW limiter and there could be no differentiation between the techs, therefore i assume that intel and the first geo tech still count towards it

Darryl

Head Gardener

Melnibone said:
You sure Darryl? Azzer said in IRC it was like a PW limiter and there could be no differentiation between the techs, therefore i assume that intel and the first geo tech still count towards it

Someone pointed out the absurdity of the situation when you could just develop one geo tech and start fly-overs to enter the land of dynamic land caps. Azzer changed this shortly before the round started, and announced it on IRC. I can dig out some quotes from my logs if you're not convinced by my infallible memory.

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Darryl said:
Melnibone said:

Someone pointed out the absurdity of the situation when you could just develop one geo tech and start fly-overs to enter the land of dynamic land caps. Azzer changed this shortly before the round started, and announced it on IRC. I can dig out some quotes from my logs if you're not convinced by my infallible memory.

I did not doubt your infallible memory i merely questioned as my own hazy drug fuelled recollections ended in a coma like state before Azzer amended it :)

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

After talking to Azzer i can now answer to my own question.
Cap is counted after normal capture is done.
So basicly if you would normally steal 100 acres and you have cap that amount is reduced by cap after stealing has happend and rest of acres are "returned" to guy you were stealing from.
So in some cases cap can act as one more defencive layer.

dafe

Harvester

hmm... something weird just happen to me...guy had 1260 land so that about 150 land to grab but he only gave 72 land (i gotten 60 of it) as someone was on same tick... which means only like 6%, and no i havent done the 3rd develop yet to get the landcap so i got cut short because this other person did have it(i assume)

battle report of this attack:
[close] 700,000 hostile Hippy attacked, distracting 639,239 allied staff.
[close] 100,000 allied Hippy attacked, distracting 109,143 hostile staff.
[close] 1,780,927 hostile Sleeping Gas Trap attacked, disabling 7,533,702 allied staff.
[close] 902,063 allied Protestor Guru attacked, distracting 2,062,040 hostile staff.
[close] 17,136 hostile Yob attacked, disabling 4,069 allied staff.
[close] 32,807 allied Wheelbarrower stole 72 land. [3] tree. [64] bush. [3] flower. [2] grass. [0] uncultivated.

Distracted: 639,239 [£1,450,281,400] friendlies distracted. 2,171,183 [£7,845,762,000] enemies distracted.
Disabled: 7,537,771 [£18,684,622,600] friendlies disabled.

You stole 60 land. [3] tree. [52] bush. [3] flower. [2] grass. [0] uncultivated.
You lost 52 effectiveness.

Melnibone

Head Gardener

the other guy who was affected by the mod may have had more wheelies there, with you taking the correct percentage of the land with your wheels and him with his

you take 60 land of the max total of 151 acres (the correct grab) meaning he had 1.5 times as many wheelies, he only steals 12 land as that is his % of the land without mod he takes 91 land but because of his 2% grab (normally 12%) he takes what should be 1/6th of that 91 which is 15 or so

This is the closest to how i can see a BR like this ocurring the maths arent perfect lol but they do show how i 'feel' the system works and how i would explain this away if it happened to me

dafe

Harvester

doubt he had more wheelies there, i had like 25k there

f0xx

Landscape Designer

You still stole the biggest part of the land... its just that you were affected by HIS land cap too....

dafe

Harvester

f0xx said:
You still stole the biggest part of the land... its just that you were affected by HIS land cap too....
correct and thats something that shouldn't happen if you ask me...else its a total waste to do other(generic) develops before the rest of my route

Bobbin

Head Gardener

You DON'T get affected by other peoples land caps. it's a personal thing.

say someone has 1000 land right.. now normal cap from that is 150.

say two people send geos

one sends 2000, the other sends 1000.

the person who sends 2000 geos would get 100 land
the person who sends 1000 geos would get 50 land

THEN

the mod is applies.

say the person who is attacking with 2000 geos sends at the very bottom of his range... he would only net 50 land (1/3rd of the total he could normally have netted if he was the only person.)

the person who sent 1000 geos, attacked at 80%, so he gets his normal 50 land.

bingo, job done.

If someone sends over you with geos, and you send wheels, then normally you wouldn't get land, so you don't, even if the geo player gets hit by a mod...

simple really.

dafe

Harvester

nice math shame it didnt work like that...he shoudlve given 151 land, and lets round it up...40k wheelies stole only 72 land, i had 25k wheelies there so im pretty sure i should at least get at least half of the normal land (150/2=75) but i only gotten 60, and the other dude gotten 12(which if you take it as 2% is 72 land normal) so then we do the math of 60+72= 132 ...hmm what happend with the other 19 land(or more as i might've had more wheelies)?

Melnibone

Head Gardener

dafe Bobbins no's work yours dont

on your example these happened

[close] 700,000 hostile Hippy attacked, distracting 639,239 allied staff.
[close] 1,780,927 hostile Sleeping Gas Trap attacked, disabling 7,533,702 allied staff
[close] 17,136 hostile Yob attacked, disabling 4,069 allied staff

40k Wheelies fired now those blockers illustrated blocked wheelies too so if you sent 25k id say there was possibly 60-65k there, a total of 25k from you and 35-40k from the other guy

please see my previous answer but these wheelie amounts are not only the most likely explanation they are the REAL explanation as Bobbins example clearly shows why the land worked out the way it did (as did mine)