• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Fantasy: Aliens

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
ancient-aliens-th_0.jpg

I so clicked this thread just to do this. :(

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
is a new route really what this game needs?

Needs, no. There's a lot of stuff that needs to be dealt with before the possibility of a new route can be properly looked into.

We're just thrashing out some ideas on the development of the possibility of a new route though. By all means people can voice their concerns that this isn't a top priority, that much has already been accepted. We're just looking at shaping a possible new route for somewhere down the line. (That said, and as has already been pointed out, if we're going to stick with the current route setup but just sort out a balance, then the introduction of a new route might as well happen sooner rather than later). What's the point in trying to perfectly balance the current routes when realistically we could bring in a new one 6 months/a year down the line and just throw everything up in the air again? (whether that be aliens, or w/e else we come up with).

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
is a new route really what this game needs?

Needs, no. There's a lot of stuff that needs to be dealt with before the possibility of a new route can be properly looked into.

We're just thrashing out some ideas on the development of the possibility of a new route though. By all means people can voice their concerns that this isn't a top priority, that much has already been accepted. We're just looking at shaping a possible new route for somewhere down the line. (That said, and as has already been pointed out, if we're going to stick with the current route setup but just sort out a balance, then the introduction of a new route might as well happen sooner rather than later). What's the point in trying to perfectly balance the current routes when realistically we could bring in a new one 6 months/a year down the line and just throw everything up in the air again? (whether that be aliens, or w/e else we come up with).

routes will be balanced when we quadriple our playerbase again.

new routes tend to disbalance the game. imho

edd

Tree Surgeon
why? we already have 2.5 routes that do nothing specific.

harriers (aren't as good/specialized as rpg/striker).
dragons generic route that just sits there. sure it kills but it's not anti everything
vamps are there to combat SA because pa/robo in general and rangers wasn't enough and people were whining about more routes

the more you introduce routes without specific purpose which this route doesn't have (other than stunning/bribing)... the worse off this game will be.

I mean there is a new owner, why used old/bad ideas? why take us back instead of forward.

These days PoM players seem to get smashed for the sake of kills constantly. I imagine it can be quite a pain to play and as a result there are fewer each round (I think), at least in the top 5 alliances. I believe the proportion of bigger Alliances with Dog player(s) will be quite large after ANQ's use of them last round making both vamps and harriers useful units.

Btw this obviously has nothing to do with the alien route which I don't care about.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
LOL

Well I think the idea is cool, players who have played for a long time would love new routes. There will *always* be balancing issues, but there is nothing wrong with playing with overpowered routes until they are nerfed! :vamp:

I'd be a fan of keeping all the route names and unit names and then erasing all the stats and starting again. An Alien route can be included and those who say the "Fantasy" route has no place... well, if it has no place, then why do I want to go in in the PW which is about to happen (besides Dragons being cooooooooool!).

Just come around my house, drinking loads of coffee (perhaps certain people should not have too much caffeine - DA, Garrett, Toby, Zaheen ;)) and just bash out unit solutions.

Sorting routes AND the gameplay are almost seperate issues so we can still discuss routes before we finalise aspects of gameplay.

IMO everyone needs to say why they started playing Bushtarion and why they still play. On that basis utilise people's preferences in the changes, then work out gameplay from that with a new tweak/change of the units.

Aliens ftw btw.

Max

Garden Designer
I used to log in during every round break excited to see what changes Azzer was making to the routes.

Even if some of them didn't work out, I was still always interested to think about the changes in strategy, and try them out afresh every round!

So if the Alien route doesn't fit in right away... so what? I originally got hooked on the game because it was different every round. Aliens would be awesome.

Bring on the Aliens!

(But only after more important changes have happened first ofc... this is hardly no. 1 on the to do list...)

Oh and Ed:

These days PoM players seem to get smashed for the sake of kills constantly. I imagine it can be quite a pain to play and as a result there are fewer each round (I think), at least in the top 5 alliances.

This round has bucked the trend rather, with LOADS of PoM spread over lots of alliances, solos, EVERYWHERE! But I have to admit attack dogs are more popular than they used to be. But the game is always evolving every new round to some extent, even without changes (where were the CGs at the round start??? Barely any impact at all until the end of the first week, was very strange...) So each route will come and go in popularity. I like the fantasy routes and have enjoyed playing both branches, a third certainly wouldn't hurt.

Last edited: