Guild Wars 2

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Played the closed and open betas - amazing game. I can't wait till it comes out.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
im pretty psyched to get it. was fairly into the first one. just hope it runs on my shitty laptop :(

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Considering playing. Gameplay vids look sweet.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Will be playing, with a bunch of friends who I used to play WoW with :p

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Ive checked this out. Ive never been a fan of this sort of game, but a few questions and i might try it out...

Is it free...eg like WoW where you play online?
What is the main aim/concept of the game?

Kingdroid

Head Gardener
It's similar to WoW in that it is a Fantasy MMORPG. WoW isn't free :p, but it's like WoW, yes, you download the client and all that jazz, do quests, PvP, level up.

It costs $60 to buy the game, but there is no subscription fee.

The aim of the game is to level your character, and then do whatever you want, pretty much.

I know a couple of people that I can hopefully organize into a group, but maybe I will have to bother Ogluk to let me play with him,

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Im a student who goes to college and works at a sports shop which offers next to minimum wage and i hardly work...

Says enough? :p

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Tiger dude, its gunna be like £46, pretty cheap if you consider what it is (admittedly downright extortionate compared to GW1, but oh well)

and KD if you wanted to play with me, you'd have to get the EU version of the game (assuming NCSoft don't change how their servers work etc) :p

Kingdroid

Head Gardener
I also go to college. lol.

Just saying $60 and no sub fees for an MMO is a steal.

Well, GW2 has a lot more going on compared to GW1.

Yeah, I'm going to have to see what's going down with the Americans. Hopefully they do it like Blizzard does it.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Well, i might play a demo if possible to test it out...and if i like it i might play along with you guys :p

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
There'll probably be a 10 day free trial, a few years after release :p or possibly there might be a code with people's purchases, in which case I'd be happy to pass such a code on to you :p

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Why thank you very much :D

And this code would do what? :p

Alvestein

Garden Designer
**** me thats expensive... and if GW1 is anything to go by you'll be expected to pay to get the other new areas. It's not TOTALLY the whole one fee thing.

Saying that i'll be on a work placement next year so i'll have a lot of free time, will probs pick it up and dabble on it. Looking forward to playing a flaming cat.

Darryl

Head Gardener
I'll definitely be playing, I didn't go in to the closed beta so the one BWE is my only experience so far. I played an Elementalist up to about 15, which I think will probably be my main, and then Guardian, Warrior and Necromaner up to 4-5 just to get a feel for them.

I think the chars all get deleted for the next BWE, so I'll probably play with a Mesmer mainly this time, and try out the others that I missed.

**** me thats expensive... and if GW1 is anything to go by you'll be expected to pay to get the other new areas. It's not TOTALLY the whole one fee thing.

For an MMO, especially one without a sub fee, it's pretty reasonable.

On a side note, I was just looking to see if any retailers have it cheaper, and I came across Play.com trying to charge £400 for the Collector's Edition. Four ******* hundred English pounds.

Bobbin

Head Gardener
I've seen quite a lot of coverage of it (Yogscast, TotalBiscuit, OMFGCata) and I'm finding it very... Meh. It just looks like another MMORPG, more PvP orientated, but I'm not all that excited for it. I'll probably stick with WoW..

Alvestein

Garden Designer
does anyone know if there will still be dual classes? i.e. Ranger/mesmer.

I need to reinstall eye of the north and put my shizz in that hall of treaures or whatever its called