[Recruiting] Discworld Wants You For Round 44!

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Are you looking to max out your individual scores? If so, I wish you the best and we'll do everything we can to help you accomplish that but we expect the same from you in return. But if that means that you'd rather send out an attack than defend a fellow alliance member so they don't get zeroed, then you might be happier in a different alliance.

Do you just like "pwning n00bs" or showing how your targets are "teh gay"? If so, I hope your second year of middle school is going well, but I'd rather you found another alliance to grace with your presence. I expect good sportsmanship from my alliance members.

Are you into forum or alliance politics drama? I can recommend some good fora for that, but ours is a little more sedate. I haven't seen any drama llamas in the area for quite awhile, although there are a surprising number of hamsters...

Now, here comes the twist.

For many, many rounds Discworld has been known for its policy of accepting anyone who applied regardless of route or experience. This changes next round.

1. We will not accept anyone who submits a blank request. All applicants must have the players Portal ID in it as well as a brief message with their timezone, expected activity level, and IRC nickname.

2. There will be a predetermined alliance route setup. While every attempt to give players the route of their choice from the list will be made, the final determining factor of who gets what will be what works best for the alliances around the clock coverage.

3. Use of the alliance IRC channel while online is a must. NO EXCEPTIONS

4. Contactability is highly encouraged. While not required this round it will be a requirement in the not too distant future.

Now you may be asking yourself "Why is Asmo making these changes?". The answer is simple. First, there's more rounds behind Discworld then there are ahead. Soon I'll switch us from FTF to FTW and try to get one before Discworld comes to an end.

Second, the best chance we have to get a win is to establish a core group of players that work together like a well oiled machine. I'm starting to build that core now.

So, if you've got to this point and you're interested, or if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

~Asmo

Bobbin

Head Gardener
Well I know I may be one of the few players to be kicked from Discworld for inactivity over the years, but I'm mildly considering playing, just one more round, before Bushtarion completely dies and inevitably dissapears... Sooo consider this an application ;)

I'll even reinstall irssi and stop using Mibbit :p

Oh and log on daily.

Oh and give you hugs.

Oh, and lots of shield robots please ;)

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Well I know I may be one of the few players to be kicked from Discworld for inactivity over the years, but I'm mildly considering playing, just one more round, before Bushtarion completely dies and inevitably dissapears... Sooo consider this an application ;)

I'll even reinstall irssi and stop using Mibbit :p

Oh and log on daily.

Oh and give you hugs.

Oh, and lots of shield robots please ;)

Consider the application accepted!

mrmongo

Harvester
hey asmo.. if i submit a blank application next round will i get in? id like to think im part of the inner apple after my last 2 rounds :) oh and robo for me please :) need cyber rex for my profile award ;)

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Oh go on then, no one else seems to be trying to recruit me and I cba leading xD

One potentially active Ogluk at your service my good lord Asmo :>

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
If you manage to forge your core this round, I'll happily enlist for the round following (my 30th round :/), as my heart has been stolen for next round by another :p

tomtree

Head Gardener
im keen, happy to go any route or whatever...

im away for the next week but should be back for the round start (if not definitely within a few hours of the start).

if youre still looking and want me (should be pretty active) send me a msg on here and i will join up asap.

Stevey

Pruner
Hey Asmo. Ive been around for a long time but i don't think i have ever really played in Discworld. As i think i myself only have a few rounds left in me, i am interested in joining up with you. I can play actively and ill be contactable through phone/irc etc.

Hopefully you will have me. :)