Anti-Rape is Broken

bnz1

Digger
So...someone can send enough units to completely zero me and it doesn't trigger AR(Anti-Rape, weird because losing all, or tril worth of units, in 2 ticks sounds like rape to me.)..thanks! I'll make sure to come back next round for sure.

bnz1

Digger
I think you massively misunderstood the entire concept of AR.

Anti Rape
Anti-rape is the name used to describe the automated systems in place to help protect solo players from being attacked by overwhelming forces. This can also be referred to as "Government Defence". It can range from police, to SAS to bizarre Bio-Mechanical Warriors. Please be aware that it is purely to help against overwhelming forces - it isn't there to protect against every single attack on you. The anti-rape systems are fully automated. Defensive mobs sent from ID [1] ("Police HQ of The Government [1]") and are sent by the ticker code. They are never manually sent or recalled. You do not need to mail ID 1 to thank for the defence, nor should you attempt to mail ID 1 asking them to "Recall from your target".

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Anti Rape
Anti-rape is the name used to describe the automated systems in place to help protect solo players from being attacked by overwhelming forces. This can also be referred to as "Government Defence". It can range from police, to SAS to bizarre Bio-Mechanical Warriors. Please be aware that it is purely to help against overwhelming forces - it isn't there to protect against every single attack on you. The anti-rape systems are fully automated. Defensive mobs sent from ID [1] ("Police HQ of The Government [1]") and are sent by the ticker code. They are never manually sent or recalled. You do not need to mail ID 1 to thank for the defence, nor should you attempt to mail ID 1 asking them to "Recall from your target".

Help Protect, not prevent from dying.

Now that you've been killed you have (or should have) full AR (90%) which means you'll be practically invulnerable for a few days which gives you a chance to build up again and get more land = more troops = better protection.

This is how this game works ;)

GooDGoodBye

Pruner
well its kinda true that you can zero solos or close to it even if they had 90% Ar. The targets doesnt even need to be 30% of your owns score to do this.

When you are honor farming you will notice how rock-paper-scissor this game.

or just bounty hunting....

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
well its kinda true that you can zero solos or close to it even if they had 90% Ar. The targets doesnt even need to be 30% of your owns score to do this.

Nonsense. If a solo can get zeroed when he has 90% AR he is doing something horribly wrong.

And score range is completely meaningless for an incoming on a solo as long as the attacker has enough troops to hit the AR cap. Whether they're 300% or 100% of you, they're both limited by AR.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
It annoys me that people know this little about the game

GooDGoodBye

Pruner

Nonsense. If a solo can get zeroed when he has 90% AR he is doing something horribly wrong.

And score range is completely meaningless for an incoming on a solo as long as the attacker has enough troops to hit the AR cap. Whether they're 300% or 100% of you, they're both limited by AR.

yes ofc score range is kind of meaningless but still a bigger player can spend more troops on different kind of troops and make more correct values for when hitting someone. stop smegging topa.

and no you dont have to do anything completly wrong to kill a rpg with secret agents.

and this is a rock-paper-scissors game. so what bnz1 is referring to is quite true and not just all bullshit.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
with 90% AR, you don't get totally 0'd. it's impossible. or you mean this person has only some flak left and didn't buy anything? then, perhaps someone can send a little LETs and kill off anything left there. but even then, i'm not sure. with 90% AR and you have troops (LETs/blockers), you won't get raped. the inc's mob will be significantly smaller than yours, even the route that can normally kill you easily will die on you after probably hurting you a bit. and so, tobapopalos is right, if the person still gets 0'd with AR 90%, he's doing something really wrong. bigger players don't have any advantages for sending at solos within the AR limit. what they can send can be sent by smaller players. composition? what small players have will be what bigger players will be sending if anyone's smart at hitting the said target to kill and land. no difference. only if the small players are really small that their total staff cost is smaller than the target's AR limit. then, there's a difference and those people are probably courageous and ambitious, i guess! but even so, the small players can still win/accomplish their attack, which just means they didn't need as many troops as the bigger players could send. and this is something you are saying by bringing up about a rock-paper-scissors game. so, what's the problem about the difference in the troop composition between the big players and the small players?

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

yes ofc score range is kind of meaningless but still a bigger player can spend more troops on different kind of troops and make more correct values for when hitting someone. stop smegging topa.

and no you dont have to do anything completly wrong to kill a rpg with secret agents.

and this is a rock-paper-scissors game. so what bnz1 is referring to is quite true and not just all bullshit.

I never said he was talking bullshit, and I never would to a new player, but his impression of what AR should do is clearly way off target. How is what he said true? That AR should stop every incoming? The original poster made absolutely no comments at all on the rock-paper-scissor nature of the game, and if it was me I wouldn't appreciate someone else putting words in my mouth.

And yes, if you are a solo RPG with 90% AR and you're getting zeroed you are doing something laughably wrong. A solo RPG should have plenty of humvees, shocks and snipers to make themselves a less attractive target. If they just buy pure RPGs then, yeah, they deserve to get killed by an SA (but with 90% AR they still wouldn't be able to send enough SAs to actually zero you). I think you need to learn a few things about AR yourself.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

Anti Rape

BNZ1 if you want help getting a good ratio of troops, ask in mirc or here on forums. or even in the official help ingame. the correct setup will make it harder for you to die in 2 ticks. But it is never impossible.

Point 1)
THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART. the limit of AR may be too high, that is not what is being debated in this gripe though. The aim of AR is that at 0% AR some one can send 1.45 x the amount of score you have, at you, in troops. At 90% AR they can send ...

(100-90)/100 * 1.45 = 0.145 this means some one at 90% AR can only face incoming from a mob thats around 7 x SMALLER than themselves. That is the same as me rank 55 at Score: 4,050,334,124 [55] zeroing rank 1

1 -2833 -Lois Griffin -Evil -Pacifist Warriors Pacifist Warriors -29,076 -27,917,162,115

ARE YOUR 100% SURE you are claiming this is possible. REALLY, REALLY!!!!! please show me the guy who can do that and I will kiss the ground he walks on.

If you seriously mean at 90% AR you can die to incoming then YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG. But also bare in mind IF you are exagerating to try and make a point... at 80% AR they can send double the amount of troops At you that they could at 90% and suddenly its not so impossible and by the time you are on 60%-70% AR you can be killed. maybe just maybe even zeroed. Translated into people speak, within 1 day of being wiped out. you can be in a position to be wiped out again. potentially (though would have to be by your counter route). If you think this time frame is to small complain about that. but dont confuse new players when someone is trying to explain correctly how the system works and what they should aim to do to get the most out of solo play!

point number 2)
TOBY IS RIGHT> HES ALWAYS RIGHT> STOP FLAMMING THE MAN

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My own Gripe within this gripe:

AND THE GOD DAMNED ATTACK RANGE MEANS JACK ALL, why does NO ONE understand this. if you have 50% AR some one can send a mob 72.5% of your score. so at 50% AR, if you include land fat, the incoming is likely the same size as you.

AND the value of troops sent is set by this. so some one attacking at 70% range, some one attacking at 50% range, & some one attacking at 30% range could all send the same size mob at you and kill you just the same.. it makes no difference. the amount of troops they can send at you is still limited by AR. and has no bearing on anything on this thread.(see point 2).

Attack range is only ever important if you are allied, and HAS NOTHING to do with solos unless you start hitting people larger than 70% range and 0% AR. at that point you may find the amount of troops you are allowed to send exceeds what you have
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the only thing to ad Bnz1 my rage is NOT at you, it is at people advising and giving advice that is incorrect, to some one in your position. new to the game and not too impressed with being killed. my advice is to play a few rounds in the best alliance you can find. to learn the game inside out. and then try going solo. (a bad alliance will be horrible as then you will truely see what its like to be bashed, as there is no AR)

Last edited:

Max

Garden Designer
If AR was designed in such a way that it would be impossible to get zeroed, then solos would be invincible and impossible to take down. This is hardly a good thing.

It is carefully balanced so that if you play the game with the right ratios, it should be very hard to get zeroed often as a solo.

It sounds to me like you managed not to get zeroed for quite a few days before you got hit - which is excellent for you! You just can't stay alive forever in this game, it would be rather unfair :)

Unless you are called Wouter or Iamsmart...