Round Start Simulator

WTFudge

Planter
I've developed a 'ongoing optimiser' that I use - it doesn't plan the perfect round start for you, because lets face it, everyone misses the odd tick and the original plan is then useless :p
But it's nothing special, for perfect results you have to tinker with it on every tick to get the 'optimum outcome' for what you can do with what you've got on that tick, while ensuring you've got enough gards/harvs for planting, etc... but it's VERY un-user friendly.

Sounds cool, mind if I take a look?

Sure!
http://sites.google.com/site/garratt/Steve_God-Round-Start-Calc-V1.2.xls
If any bits don't make sence, let me know :)

Great - Thanks I'll be looking into it, I'm on Mibbit chat if you need me.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I've developed a 'ongoing optimiser' that I use - it doesn't plan the perfect round start for you, because lets face it, everyone misses the odd tick and the original plan is then useless :p
But it's nothing special, for perfect results you have to tinker with it on every tick to get the 'optimum outcome' for what you can do with what you've got on that tick, while ensuring you've got enough gards/harvs for planting, etc... but it's VERY un-user friendly.

Sounds cool, mind if I take a look?

Sure!
http://sites.google.com/site/garratt/Steve_God-Round-Start-Calc-V1.2.xls
If any bits don't make sence, let me know :)

im sure it makes perfect cents

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
You should just wing like I do every round. It's way more fun than this anal nonsense :p

Oh noes I bought 1 too many harvs my round is ruined! /wrists

timtadams

Landscape Designer
You should just wing like I do every round. It's way more fun than this anal nonsense :p

Oh noes I bought 1 too many harvs my round is ruined! /wrists

I literally always wing it. I have the worst starts as half the time im not online and continually miss ticks.
I just wanna do this for the intellectual challenge. I enjoy such challengers mainly due to the satisfaction of acheivement when you actually acheive something useful.
Hence why i enjoy programming (ofc my level of programming is fairly novice :p)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Yeah I can understand that. I think most of the bush tools were made purely to see if they COULD be made.

Coruba

Head Gardener
Hi All

My best advice to round starts is do a private world to practise them. Has helped me a lot. The only trouble is you don't get to vote.

Cheers

Coruba

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Wasting BCs so you can get a better result in the irrelevant two hours at the start of the round isn't what I'd call helpful

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Great contribution to the community, I say well played ! :)

Coruba

Head Gardener
Hi All

Thanks Shadowbane for a thoroughly thought provoking post......you out did yourself.

On a personal note I have spent many credits trying to optimise the start strategy and let me say it is money well spent. I am not able to compete with the best players in this game day in and day out as I am not contactable nor do I wish to be woken up at night for a game. But what I can do is usually play the first sixteen hours or so and it is my only chance I can compare myself to the best starters in the game. Last round I hit top spot for a game day and for most of the next 8 hours or so I was able to maintain a 3rd ranking all thanks to those practice hours spent using a private world. I am a perfectionist however and I do realise it is not for everyone.

Cheers

Coruba

CFalcon

Official Helper
I don't know if it's wise to be releasing this considering how accurate it is, but meh, I put alot of eff into it so it might as well get used. Not hugely user-friendly, but it does fully simulate the first 12 hours.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o9j0z2 The big "Click Here To Download" at the top is an advert. Actual link is down the page.

Similar to Steve's thing, in that it's an excel file with values only applicable to clear weather in spring, and no fail-safes for idiots. If you sell more seeds than you have and end up with more money than is realistically possible, or change values in blocks that they key at the top says you mustn't change, or can't work out what TS/BS/FS/GS means, it's your fault for being retarded.

Also, even though this is an excel file, I only have OpenOffice, so I have *no* idea if it actually works in MS-Excel. I've got a feeling that conditional logic and highlighting might work differently in Excel.

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
it wants me to install some software to be able to download your software... i am skeptical. *buys private world instead*

CFalcon

Official Helper
it wants me to install some software to be able to download your software... i am skeptical. *buys private world instead*

You're clicking the wrong thing :p

CFalcon said:
The big "Click Here To Download" at the top is an advert. Actual link is down the page.

Regular download -> Click here to start download from sendspace

Elderveld

Official Helper
It looks verry hard:p but after a while its starting to get a bit easy'r now :p

still testing! looks nice though!

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
lol cool people find starts this interesting :)

who wants me to come back for the first 10 hours to CHALLENGE MY UNDEFEATED RECORD?!?!

:D

PS: DarkSider's thing rocks tho i dont think Steve's link in that thread works anymore.