[Full] round 43 concept alliance "mercenaries"

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Whether or not this will happen is unknown its ages away. but i was just considering posting to get responses and ideas, and seeing general interest. it requires a special sort of player to be interested in joing this, so thought id see if any one is interested besides me. and any and all feed back is welcome

basic concept

hiring
an alliance of hired guns.. open to any other alliance, to be bought by submitting an id list, with player profile names of alliance wishing to hire the 'mercenaries'

they can supply a half id list with names.
or full idlist with names.

the only difference is that a full id list(with names) of your own alliance buys anonymity. Alliance id lists will only be viewable by high rank senior members and confidential.[was unsure of how else the hiring alliance could "pay" the mercenaries]

a half list will allow the 'mercenaries' to be 'hired' but they will post the contract on thier alliance page for all to see. the target ids must be supplied by alliance wishing to hire the mercenaries, along with any stipulations(if you want particular members focused on and killed, or if you want mostly kills, leaving land for your own alliance to pick at. or vice verse etc.)

a contract expires after 20% land has been taken, and or 20% value of troops killed from time of hiring, and or 300-500 ticks (tbc, and will depend on success of attacks, suggestions welcome on these values)

If alliance hiring the group use the hiring as a rouse, to attack when the mercenries are out, the contract will be cancled. and vengence sought for the remainder of the contract or more. Any alliegance is terminated on expiration of contract. the alliance who hired the mercenary group will be informed when the contract is terminated and sent supporting figures as proof. showing success or failure

targets
hiring the mercenries does not give you ammunity if another groups want to hire the mercenaries for revenge they can after grace period. The duties are not limited to but include:

attacking and trying to kill target group, without help
attacking and trying to kill target group, with hiring alliance
drawing defence
countering incoming
resisting rank 1 - if resistance is going on. and contract paid for
rushing, trains, mass attacks,

Aany alliance is a valid target. even if rank 3 decides they want help hitting rank 9 it will be done. the mercenary group has no morals. if rank 4 want help taking rank 2 down it is prefered obviously. But anything is up for discussion.
If rank 1 wants an annoying know it all whinner in rank 2 killed but they are out of range then we can supply that. The mercenaries are even willing to suicide to be able to hit targets/alliances otherwise not in range. The mercenaries are even able to be hired to attempt to take out solo groups if desired

rules
  • the mercenaries will have a grace period between contract to rebuild.
  • the previous target alliance have a grace period between contracts = to that of the mercenary group
  • the mercenary group can be hired by any other alliance, but once hired, can not be hired by another group until after the contract.
  • first come first served
  • the mercenary will not break EULA, and will not allow themsleves to be land farms
  • the mercenary will not kill/attack themselves.
  • all ID list information is confidential, any member of the mercenaries hoping to spie other alliances will fail due to limited information access to only senior members.
  • if supplied tender (id list) is found to be falsified alliance supplying said information will not be able to tender contracts for another few hundred ticks
  • during grace periods only hiring alliance is off limits. any one else can be attacked for regrowth. particular enemies of the alliance may be attacked at this time. (unless they were the ones hiring them)
  • if the mercenary group fails to complete a contract an option will be given to the hiring alliance....to try again, to try again with help, to try for a different objective. to repay the alliance the mercenary id list with profile names.
grace periods are equal in length to the hiring period

misc
If any players or group of player wish to use the concept before round 43 feel free. if another group wish to also set up thier own mercenary group to compete or assist feel free. I think it would be pretty sweet if there were more than one. so either both could be bought or you could buy the group who you prefer for the task you wish them to complete.... And due to there being a timelimit on the contracts it should not be power blocking.

the only thing i can promise members is lots of fighting and lots of fun.....if you want to play ftw this alliance is definately not for you. but you will need to join in attacks and be semi interested and active so we can get shiz done

Last edited:

Coruba

Head Gardener
If you have a problem - If no one else can help - and if you can find them - maybe you can hire the A-Team.

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
yeah he could if he wanted to spend 231,123,123,211,999 funds on the a-team

I still have no idea how this would work a simplier version explaining how this would run would suffice.

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
I understood it perfectly. Ask me closer to the time willy. Sounds fun ;-)

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I don't see this working, ID lists aren't much "tender"

and if your going to get an alliance of folks together that can fulfill contracts to kill other alliances, they should just go FTW instead.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
to put it more simply it started off as just a no loyalty to any one idea. then evolved into well hell we could help any alliance that wants help to take out other alliances, or counter incoming. Even turn on them (but not immidiately) if others wanted our help against that alliance (hence no loyalty)...Then there needed to be a system to decide who we helped, ergo the id list payment scheme. Giving out your own id list is risky, and requires an element of trust. Lastly it is almost invaluable at a time when our alliance would have the most potent affects (first few weeks) when the difference in alliance scores arent that great. So its depriciating worth represents our alliances depreciating worth. Also it needs to be sent with player names :p so it simply becomes a tool to see who every one is playing with and which alliances our members have friends with. was purely for fun.

Anyway im predicting this round coming almost NO alliances and none properly FTW anyway. So many people are going solo. I wounder if there will even be enough alliances for this idea to be possible the following round. but will leave it here on the back burner to see if there is more interest nearer the time

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I know of 2 different FTW allies, not sure on the quality, and a couple of decent FTF alliances.. :p

But yea, this concept alliance, while interesting, has very little to work with, especially as the round progresses (as you pointed out there in your last post)