Round 41 Awards Discussion

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I don't mean to get in the middle of this, but calling yourself "elite" is hardly the hallmark of a humble man. If you are so elite why don't you tell us all your old name and we can decide for ourselves whether you are or not, rather than carrying on this "old legend returns with new nick" facade.

EDIT: Actually, don't bother. I don't care.

edd

Tree Surgeon
Dimitar, CK triggered on 0 AR the other day too :p

The resistance needed to happen when it did otherwise we might as well have counted combo out as their rpg/strikers didn't want to plant up until their SA's got SA's and all of them were slow to get them. I agree that early resistance is better but once kiwi had 3 pb players and ANR had one and combo had none nobody really wanted to continue. I don't have a clue as to what Rowan's "propaganda" is but it definitely didn't have an effect on us.

Max

Garden Designer
Rowan's propaganda was sooo funny - I don't think it could actually have been more obvious xD

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I change my worst player of the round from "that one fag" to "leeroy" (No, they're not the same person) for triggering on a solo with 0% AR

I'm reposting this here because it was wrongfully moved.

[Edit by DA - This stays here, edit your initial post to make corrections]

Last edited by a moderator:

WTFudge

Planter
I don't mean to get in the middle of this, but calling yourself "elite" is hardly the hallmark of a humble man. If you are so elite why don't you tell us all your old name and we can decide for ourselves whether you are or not, rather than carrying on this "old legend returns with new nick" facade.

EDIT: Actually, don't bother. I don't care.

I'd really not tell anyone anyway, that's my decision to make please respect it.

I will just take back what about I said being an elite bushtarion player, you can judge for yourself based on next round. The old strong bushtarion players have either quit by now or given up there isn't many left with the exception of Twigley (who I have great respect for) well done this round btw dude.

I wish more players would have the enthusiasm you have for the game still.

*Edit* PoDunk and Max is still around, didn't know that... Them too then :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer
People seem to think FTF is synonomous with "incompetent". This isn't true. The resistance this round had a perfectly good chance of working, due to mistakes from Kiwi at around that time, and it only didn't because of unfortunate planning, good defence planning (thank you willy), timing and a degree of luck/propaganda.

As willy will no doubt back me up, even the numbers that sent had the capability to really hurt Kiwi. It failed mostly because we tried to make it look like they had no chance and discourage the attacks. It worked for long enough for us to catch up in techs and by the time the later attempts were made we had cemented our lead.

Don't blame everything on the fact the alliances were "FTF" .. There was still a solid core of resistance members who wanted to take us down enough to try. Not everyone in those alliances (thankfully for us) but enough to give it a good go. I was thoroughly impressed with the resistance efforts and it kept the round interesting for us for a while longer.

You are correct on one point: FTF is synonomous NOT with "incompetent". However, people do not think FTF is synonomous with "incompetent".

Its like this (as an example, im actually a noob):
1. I am a pro and can easily take rank 1
2. I am also playing FTF, and cant be F***ed to take rank 1.
Therefore, I do not take rank 1.

You see,
EFFORT + SKILLS = POSSIBLE SUCCESSFUL RESISTANCE
EFFORT w/o SKILLS = FAIL
SKILLS w/o EFFORT = FAIL

note in particular the last point. You cannot succeed without effort. FTF allies lack effort. We (generally) couldnt be bothered.

I could use another analogy...
You are racing to the top of a mountain. You have drive to win. You will not stop until you get there.
We just go for the scenery, the experience. We might put a little effort in (the resistance) to try and win, but in the end we only give half a shot at it because we really cant be bothered. So halfway up the mountain, we pull out the picknick blanket, have some lunch and a friendly egg and spoon race with our like minded counterparts.

You see how skill has nothing to do with it? (or not much; it ultimately comes down to effort)

Max

Garden Designer
I love your posts Tim. They always make me smile :D Best analogy ever.

WTFudge

Planter
There are older vets than me around I can assure you :D

Oh I know :p My reg date is set back to 05 same as you but this is my second account (With the first one deleted of course).

There is one thing i'm wondering though, where the hell is Azzer o_O

And yeah I'd still consider you a vet :p

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
He has taken godly status, some believe he exists, others that he is an ancient myth. Seeing is believing. I met him once, but I'm starting to think it was a man behind a curtain with lots of knobs and levers.

The smoke machines were a tad over the top, though.

GUUUff

Planter
I change my worst player of the round from "that one fag" to "leeroy" (No, they're not the same person) for triggering on a solo with 0% AR

I'm reposting this here because it was wrongfully moved.

if im "that one fag" id like to know how ur original choice for worst player was me? if its not me then nevermind.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I don't understand why you would think that one fag is you.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
not sure you can call it a resistance when there's a total of 15 people spread across 6 alliances sending

Lol you're full of ****.

And I suppose that wasn't the case? I recall asking 4/5 alliances to participate in a hit and the people who did send were: 10 from Combo, 4 from Anagram, 2 each from TDA, Bribe, Pee-wee and Melons. Alright, that makes more than 15 people but we were definately nowhere near big enough put together to deal any significant damage

I think what was meant was maybe one time? there was not enough to send? but mostly there was enough to send during the hieght of participation. I dont remeber it myself except for maybe the final attempt at resistance. i assumed it was one alliance not three lol. but most of the time you had 4-5 people on 12-18 members. one time in the peak you had 3 or 4 members covered by around 12 incoming mobs of like 100million flak (alot for 4 days in :p) and a further 12 ids covered by smaller mobs but still 15-20mil a piece or more

It was something i doubt will happen again; an early resistance, we had angram ids partially from guessing and got a full list from alot of flyovers (nice one fer). but we also gave out our ids out by hitting them, this allowed the early resistance. and the early attack with just anagrams and maybe some combo in it . these hits landed for few losses and did best cos we lacked sd's sweeping. they stole land and forced a few to
buy up on **** units. rowan was actually awsome at round start being tl he had good land and got alot of Ht to kill sutff...but also massed pbs as well and didnt fall behind on techs. impressed me that did.

then we over spent again on pb because more people joined the resistance after the success of your first send. when we killed you with pbs its because you didnt spread far enough... you could have covered 20members with flak and land them. and only ever had 2 pbs on at once cos of timezones...would have been less if it wasnt for angela being a pb and being crazy active as usual..

the rest were fakes of eta 2 flak.. so that you got scared. we killed the mobs with most flak. to do most damage. but had you spread thinner we could have only pbed 8 people at a time, and probably not enough to stop land loss over two ticks.

final potential error was we had enough donated so that we got eta 5 view before most of the player base had spies. The issue was we were behind on techs, and you guys had alot of nanos. i counted between your alliances 20mil nano. no joke. bluehen had most of them lol. we only had a few pb 12mil-15mil. at that point, and 4mil sorcs or so. a few HWs. and obv para/officer/ninja?/apps, and it was before we got eta 5 view and were behind on techs, we could have been beaten, but by that stage we had done enough defencively to make you doubt this... you gave up at the wrong time only to give us time to build up and attack you guys

As i said this wouldnt happen in a normal round because the rank 1 probably wouldnt give out its ids massing another alliance because it wouldnt have the other alliances id list, so it wouldnt normally lose its tech lead. It was quite alot of luck that we were never fully tested because the resistance could have if it didnt lose steam only to attempt an attack later on giving time for our techs to come through.

be all and end all is kiwi wanted it, and did earn it. It was a small victory beating easily disheartened ftf alliances, as apose to TBA the round before thrashing the resistance of 2 ftw alliances and some other help. I wish i had been there to see it. But it was hard fought and by no means certain.

Last edited:

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Sorry, willy, that's too long for me to read so I'll just comment on this

but most of the time you had 4-5 people on 12-18 members. one time in the peak you had 3 or 4 members covered by around 12 incoming mobs.

12 incoming mobs on 4 members is 12 attackers with 4 mobs each - hardly impressive.