Game Over

Zaheen

BANNED
Just messin! ^ ^

Since this round began ticking, you have spent roughly 14.42 day(s) online.
You spend around 12.08 hour(s) a day playing Bushtarion.
Total ticks whilst "online": 2,077 10

As you can see my activity is through the roof, and it's time to move on in the real world now that I am graduating.

I just wanted to say thanks to everybody who has made this round fun for me, mostly Charlie_B, Melnibone, MattM, Dude, Sumit, Ell-Ess, Hewo, Kurosaki, Trinity, Brandontan, Numb and a few of my enemies and PNaps after I left my alliance.

I'm not quitting because I just got killed in the game, although I'm sure that’s probably how it looked. I am leaving because I simply don’t have the time to play anymore.

I love everything about the game itself, I love all changes and suggestions made by players because it shows that people care and are willing to put time and effort into improving it.

I dislike the way some people play it, the way they think. I'm not being hypocritical when I say this I'm just being honest. Being contactable is perfectly acceptable (although I don’t agree with it), be it that some players care more about this game than the rest, or they are going for a portal finish - both of which I have never done however, I don’t play games to win, but only to have fun.

I strongly believe that this game is much more fun when there is no clear cut winner. I believe the player base needs to improve their hostility to all new players who enter the game and to old players returning, and just everybody in general. All my friends quit years ago and I'll probably never see them again, 80% of the players who play today I've never even heard of before and they all seem to play the same way.

I think that ANY game will continue to lose members IF people continue to play it as part of their life, I think being 24/7 Contactable is too time constraining for the majority of the players, and do not wish to be bashed up all round and decide not to play (Polo's suggestions aim to combat this) however the problem will still remain for that extremist bunch of players who want to win, which I will attempt to explain…

Back when I started, I faced an alliance who had dominated the rankings for many rounds. All the players in that alliance were real legends of this time. Sordes, Kuda, Angela, Magdalena etc. They didn’t spent ALL their time on the game waving/bashing out rank 2, they sent the odd one or two attacks randomly, and sent little LET rushes to offline players throughout the week if they had been causing others grief, I thought it was funny, but it was fun for everybody who played because this alliance welcomed attacks and it was very possible to kill most of them if you massed them offline because contractibility was never around, just having that feeling of “I could kill you if I wanted” but didn’t, is a really nice feeling, and it shows a lot of mercy. I however am yet to master that skill, I tend to lose it really quickly when somebody attacks my friends, other than that I don’t mind.

I don't see any problem with somebody watching some TV and getting a text saying "Hey you're about to get drilled" to one of their best friends online. However, I do see a problem when a group of 20 people from all around the world get together and welcome incoming texts/calls at any time of the day, 3AM, 6AM, 3PM or 6PM it doesn't really matter what time of the day it is, attacking them will be a complete waste of time for others because they are likely to just face an empty battle report, or defence which is just ridiculous. (Call this skill if you want to, personally I think it’s lame). Now don’t get offended.

I believe that this is what has caused players over the years to play the way that they do, bash and wave, no mercy on smaller alliances just so they get a lead and have more of a chance of winning. Winning has an unlimited array of meanings, some people play for rank 1 (and only one person gets it), one person...most of the time that person isn't even the best player in the game because the best player in the game loses half of his troops saving their alliance/friends, or attacking the people that are major threats to them. Those are the players who end up getting the global stats at the end, but even those stats for me are pointless sometimes because it's all score/land based, and it doesn't actually show any real skill. It's just a stat, sometimes it comes your way without any effort and sometimes you have to work for it - but even if you work for it so what? It doesn't mean you are the best, it just means you put in more effort than anybody else did that round - which can be a good or a bad thing (depending on which stat it was).

Anyway, I’ll cut a long story short, wish everybody the best in the game and maybe one day I will be back, when I take things even less seriously than I did last time I played – who knows. Just remember games aren’t suppose to be about winning, the whole purpose of a game is to have fun, as soon as you stop having fun then you should do something extreme in the game to spice things up – and make it fun for everybody else around you, and not just be selfish all the time and think of yourself.

Good luck everyone, I had my fun this round - hope you all have yours! ^ ^

Last edited:

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
See ya Zaheen. It was always nice to battle you. You sent some funny mails, kept the forums lively, and even though most find you annoying, I know I'm going to miss having you around to kill me, or vice versa.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
You have less activity than me but a rank higher?
Lol what.

Total ticks whilst "online": 2,166 11

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Why make your goodbye post once again the same stupid topic you've been talking about since you came back?

We get it. You don't like it. You didn't need to make another long post about it. This isn't the place...

Bye Zaheen, unfortunately one of the few players I can say that I'm glad is leaving though.

Dude

Weeder
Well i enjoyed playing with you this round for as little time as it ended up being. Sorry to see you go. o/

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I fail to see why my post was deleted. It wasn't a personal insult - He chose to bring up the subject (in the completely incorrect topic forum). If he can post on it I should be allowed to respond.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Another of the old legends leaves... hopefully 20 rounds from now we'll play together again (think its been about 20 since we last played together lol)

One of the most misunderstood people around but a legend to his friends like many before you you'll be missed

Dill

Pruner
one of the few times iv seen you make a comment/mail since last round that wasnt directed in anger, and it actually makes me sad to see you go, you have some very valid points in this post, and as you know, its rare i agree with you, but i will be sad to see you go, again 1 of the golden oldies going. Take care, and GL with all you do.