For The Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
People have growingly become 'suspicous' lately of me and I quote 'my multi'.

I have played this game for so many years, with the odd break in between due to University and all that, but ever since I left TDA and began attacking them with Combo, for land, 2 people from TDA openly approached me calling me a cheater.

My brother Aaron is 16, goes to Mid Kent College, Kent (for those extremely curious, namely Crazy and Kingdroid). I have never once been called a cheater in the surplus 6 years I've played this game.

Is it because we live together with our parents? I don't know.
Is it because we have no choice but to operate on the same IP address? I don't know.
Is it because I left TDA days before Aaron and attacked TDA? I don't know.
Is it because Aaron joined me in an opposing alliance for the benefit of this opposing alliance and we attacked? I don't know.

I find it insulting, offensive and forceful to be called a 'n00b', 'cheater' and what not all of a sudden when I know in my own gut I will never cheat and never have cheated.

To make matters worse, I do not appreciate those who accuse me of such unlawful actions to post in public channels in IRC to the playerbase about personal actions to close this discussion either.

If you want to set an example to the new players, then do so personally, not as openly as you have done.

I have opened this thread purely because the suspiciousness has increased due to what happened with TDA and in IRC. I wish for the sake of me continuing playing the game, and my brother, people spoke to me directly voicing their concerns rather than publicly.

There are other players in the game who do what me and my brother do (we don't cheat), we play the game lawfully, with respect to the rules and to our enjoyment.

I am available in IRC, through here and in game.

Thanks

Hamilton

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
CHEATER!!!

Just kidding.. Don't worry mate, I have a brother too, though we live about 5,000 miles apart.. and our play-styles are so different people still don't believe me when I say he's my brother (or maybe thats just me in disguise!? MUWHAHAHA)

As long as you guys don't know each other's login information, you'll be fine. I suggest not sharing a computer either if possible.. ever.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
As long as you guys don't know each other's login information, you'll be fine. I suggest not sharing a computer either if possible.. ever.

We have 4 computers on the house. A laptop each and a desktop each. We both have different contactability information...It is frustrating and hard to accept these accusations. But whatever.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Just let it go man. The bush playerbase is quick to leap to the worst conclusion and they are generally proof wary. If you truly aren't cheating then you shouldn't give a damn. Stupid people will always be idiots regardless of any given "evidence".

I've been called just about everything on here (some of it justified and some of it not) and the bottom-line is how much do you really care about these people's opinions? Are they important enough to get worked up about or are they just a bunch of morons with access to a keyboard and a particularly low functioning brain? I've almost invariably found that most nonsense can be safely ignored. ;)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Crazy (aka Zacyr (or whatever)) is a pretty big douchebag and i wouldnt take anything he says seriously. btw, he is solo now, so go kill him ;)

magpie

Planter
For the record

For the record

I have played with Hamilton and his brother many times, he is no cheat, a pain maybe:lol:

Ignore the noobs matey and just enjoy the game,like me and all the others that play for fun.:mrgreen:

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
yeah come kill me now lmao, i could care less rather he cheats or not and would rather drop it as im not allianced anymore.
Go talk to dax as he says he has proof that is all later.
My ids public come get me

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Actually, Hamilton, I remember the times in LO when you said you'd be away for the day but that your brother could log in for you if you had incoming.

So you really don't have a leg to stand on.

Once a cheater always a cheater imo.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Actually, Hamilton, I remember the times in LO when you said you'd be away for the day but that your brother could log in for you if you had incoming.

Wow and how long ago was that?
I was relatively new to the game then, my second round in fact. Did not pay attention to the aspects and rules back then. We are human, make mistakes and my mistake was not to account share.
Shame toby you come forward to criticise my actions from 6 years ago and tell me it was wrong but I don't recollect you saying anything back then?

It's easy to use those phrases also but sometimes it's not always applicable. I've learnt the game, made friends, acknowleged the rules and have taught my brother how to play the game his way and HIMSELF.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

Well, there we are. I don't care whether you think you cheat or not, I saw some extremely dodgy posting, and I received mails from both of you (I won't divulge what was said, but it was extremely underhanded toward your new alliance). My members and myself kept your land and troops safe whilst cookie locked for 4 days. I've said openly how extremely difficult it is to be cookie locked nowadays without suspicious activity, and I damn well stand by that.
Now stop complaining - You openly stabbed your alliance in the back for another, as well as others. Sure, war-game - But you value the portal statistic far more than it's worth (I've portalled a shitload when it was actually valuable).

So I hope you feel good for de-moralizing an alliance dedicated to teaching - It's convinced me of the fact that I won't play with par-average players who will do absolutely anything to portal because it makes them feel awesome anymore.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Wow and how long ago was that?
I was relatively new to the game then, my second round in fact. Did not pay attention to the aspects and rules back then. We are human, make mistakes and my mistake was not to account share.
Shame toby you come forward to criticise my actions from 6 years ago and tell me it was wrong but I don't recollect you saying anything back then?

You probably don't remember me saying anything because I left the alliance before you got back.

If you're going to say you have never cheated, will never cheat, find it offensive to be called a cheater, you should probably make sure that you have never cheated. How long ago it was doesn't make a difference when you are using words like "never".

Steve_God

Official Helper
6 years ago... that's like 24 rounds back? Christ I can barely remember who I was allied with that far back, let alone what my actions were as a player :p

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
grow a bit more.. (read: a lot more!) and i'd happily come stock up on some acres :p

Oh i will, my ids not hidden like i said if you can get em then

COME AT ME BRO

And dax i hope that post isnt related to me after how much i helped the alliance par that you were gone between most of the start / middle to the end of the round.
You made poor decisions picking up players of dragon routes, might aswell been a clone of scallywags.
IMO you recruited players who didnt put forth alot of effort as everyone else did and with that alot of players in the ally feel the same.
Which is why everyones asking me what im doing next round.

And yeah being cookie locked is very suspicious, especially with you telling me to move on with the subjectso quickly. Even though that was my first time mentioning it.

Call me a douche, a tool, whatever you want i couldn't care less :mrgreen:

As for this, My brother Aaron is 16, goes to Mid Kent College, Kent (for those extremely curious, namely Crazy and Kingdroid). I have never once been called a cheater in the surplus 6 years I've played this game.

I think toby just called you a cheater, but what would i know? :twisted:

The thing that makes me laugh the most about this is the point that earlier in the round you accused me of having a multi cause my twin brother plays this game. I mean if i atleast had a multi, I'd make sure he was past rank 300's. lmfao

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
It was round 23, and I have a good memory for useless information.

It was round 19 because it was the only time I played in LeftOvers and it's in my account history.

As for the cookie locking, it was via Aaron's laptop. I have no idea how he managed it because I've never cookie locked myself on my account.
Away from that, I sense alot of dispute suddenly arriving and nobody would have said anything publicly hadn't I posted this thread.

Crazy, I had no recollection of the 'cheating' I did in LO in R19 until AFTER I said I was never a cheater so it applies after his post, not BEFORE. But thanks anyway :)
And, Crazy, my post about your 'brother' being a multi was merely a retaliation to your accusations, seeing as you did ask around alliances to see where 'he' could join' not himself. But that's your choice.

As for now, well, where do we go from here? Aaron said he enjoys the game, does not use the forums, don't blame him, so I don't see him giving up, but now I know people's views and personalities towards me I may aswell call it a day. I did say I was going to many times before, especially at university but maybe I'll stick around next round, play a round with the guys I'm with now and then stop debiting my debit card with £5+....

Mods, you may now lock the thread.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
It was round 23, and I have a good memory for useless information.

It was round 19 because it was the only time I played in LeftOvers and it's in my account history.

As for the cookie locking, it was via Aaron's laptop. I have no idea how he managed it because I've never cookie locked myself on my account.
Away from that, I sense alot of dispute suddenly arriving and nobody would have said anything publicly hadn't I posted this thread.

Crazy, I had no recollection of the 'cheating' I did in LO in R19 until AFTER I said I was never a cheater so it applies after his post, not BEFORE. But thanks anyway :)
And, Crazy, my post about your 'brother' being a multi was merely a retaliation to your accusations, seeing as you did ask around alliances to see where 'he' could join' not himself. But that's your choice.

As for now, well, where do we go from here? Aaron said he enjoys the game, does not use the forums, don't blame him, so I don't see him giving up, but now I know people's views and personalities towards me I may aswell call it a day. I did say I was going to many times before, especially at university but maybe I'll stick around next round, play a round with the guys I'm with now and then stop debiting my debit card with £5+....

Mods, you may now lock the thread.

It was not round 19, it was round 23. That is the only round I played in LO, and I don't rely on my ID history. It isn't in your ID history because you didn't finish the round in LO. You jumped ship to Renaissance.

As to whether you have been cheating this round, or in any round where I haven't played with you, I'm not in any position to say. I just felt that the comments you made about never cheating needed addressing, and I'm guessing I'm the only person around these days who remembers (Alci was in the alliance at the time and it appears he has absolutely no memory of it, but that is hardly a surprise :p).

However, I feel that those who have been known to cheat once are the ones most likely to do it again. Call me paranoid if you like, but I always make an effort to remember their names.

EDIT: Also, with it being round 23 rather than round 19, your argument that you were just a poor ignorant newbie goes out the window. I would quite like to know what your next excuse will be.

Last edited:

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
Yeah but you see the thing with me and my brother and the accusations is that I posted a picture with both me and him in it. With both of us having bush on our screens with 2 different ids. So nice try. But no.

Whatever you say, my point is this. If you used to be such a noob and now your not.
Then why are you still getting locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.