• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Anti kick-raping idea

Walking_Death

Harvester
Whenever an alliance kicks someone, they can't attack them until anti-rape is active for them, or they join a new alliance. Everyone else can. Therefore, it eliminates the act of kick-raping, where people kick members of their alliance to get their land, not because they broke a rule or were dicks.

Feedback?

Angela

Harvester
Whenever an alliance kicks someone, they can't attack them until anti-rape is active for them, or they join a new alliance. Everyone else can. Therefore, it eliminates the act of kick-raping, where people kick members of their alliance to get their land, not because they broke a rule or were dicks.

Feedback?

So someone spys on your alliance you cant k/r ? whos to decide why someone else is k/r, or someone leaves in the middle of the night and then attacks you? you cant attack them back?

Walking_Death

Harvester
OK, then you cant attack them unless they attack first. Kickraping is an underhanded tactic that shouldn't be in the game. Why not just kick them then attack them fairly?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Angela has the right of it here. Sometimes kickraping is harsh, other times it is nothing less than the player deserves. Leave it to the alliance to decide.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Angela has the right of it here. Sometimes kickraping is harsh, other times it is nothing less than the player deserves. Leave it to the alliance to decide.

Agreed. And also tbh its something that happens, if you are in an alliance with people who are going to do that for no reason then its your own fault...

Walking_Death

Harvester

Agreed. And also tbh its something that happens, if you are in an alliance with people who are going to do that for no reason then its your own fault...

explain that to me please. I'm not following that. People like that shouldn't prosper.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Just like having a spy in your alliance is your own fault?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

No. You can't predict spies as easily as you can predict who's going to kickrape you randomly timtadams. Although it all boils down to picking sensible people to play with. That way you avoid both issues.

Toby and Angela are correct here.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

No. You can't predict spies as easily as you can predict who's going to kickrape you randomly timtadams. Although it all boils down to picking sensible people to play with. That way you avoid both issues.

Toby and Angela are correct here.
just to reinforce this... you know once you have played with some one if they are a dick leader. if they will kick you just to get your land. But you may not realise actually you were pissing people off not pulling your weight being rude...etc but once you know not to play with some one...then your fine. and as most of the player base thats left only has a few leaders, and the same people lead time and time again. then you know what to expect

spies....they change names recreate id's and the best spies you will never catch. they will join your alliance again, and again, and again, and you may even think they are your friend and then they will stab you in the back, and you wont even have time to look round and catch a glimpse

let me give you an example of deciding if a leader is for you....
the rules of kick raping:

hero- does it if you are beating him
recon - does it if boared, you're a dick, or you go inactive
ck - does it if you piggy your own alliance - or at least would if given the chance
angela/luckysports - only do it if you deserve it - this includes if you offend alliance members aka your name is chris_
leero - does it by picking people at random/joke

but basically
If you play for the win.. be active and try to win.
If you play in a ftf alliance. be fun and freindly dont get moody and be mean to people. and dont take your frustrations out on others (something i have done this round myself)

AND NEVER commit a bushtarion social fauxpas

these include but are not limited to:

-piggy your own members
-recall without telling anyone
-sending fake and not telling anyone
-hitting sleep mode when your alliance gets incoming (even if you lose some land your a team dont ****ing abandon your members because you are scared. man the **** up)
-Being mean to other members of your allianc....even if they are being a dick
-Being a Dick
-being called chris_

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I think Willy has the hots for Chris. The lady doth protest too much!

it was always an on-going thing in the ally to threaten to kick Chris_ :p

Yea, leave the kick-raping as it is! Most leaders (even the crappy ones) don't just kick for lulz, if you are pulling your weight, they'll be hard-pressed to kick for no-reason..

I had a rule when I was leading - I give you a 24hr "freedom" window before you are open to attacks.. As long as you leave peacefully (or if I kick you) exception would be if you hadnt logged in for more than a week or if I suspect spying... In those cases, your land will be donated back to the alliance.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Yochoko

Head Gardener

Walking_Death

Harvester
Couldn't just kicking those people do just fine? Why is it necessary to kick them and then have EVERYONE rape them? Couldn't you just rape them a bit more fairly? And what alliance would ever, on their own accord, feel it fit to remove someone and then NOT rape them, even if they weren't a dick, etc.

Furthermore, is "being a bit of a dick" and "not pulling your weight" really something that you deserve to be 0ed over instead of just being removed from the alliance?

Just my views, however...

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
And what alliance would ever, on their own accord, feel it fit to remove someone and then NOT rape them, even if they weren't a dick, etc.

Many many times have i replaced a member and told everyone in my ally not to attack them, usually this was due to the replaced member not having the time to play and telling me in private to replace them when the time was right. This is such a situation that doesn't warrant rape. :p

Infact, any replacement that doesn't involve spying/cheating, shouldn't involve rape.
But that's just me :p

Oh, and mod the EULA to make it illegal to k/r deleting members for their land ;o just cos, ya know, it doesn't seem right that someone with no legitimate targets can get land/kills/bounty/whatever because some of their members are restarting. It is borderline mutual attacking as it is :p

Davs

Garden Designer
Plenty of alliances who kick members for various reasons other than those "warranting" a kick/rape have left said players alone after they've been kicked. I myself logged in one day to find myself kicked from Funkytown a few rounds back for not being active enough, and sure enough I hadn't been attacked.
I'm not sure if I entirely agree with all of the reasons people have given for kick/raping players, but I agree with the general concept that there are times when people need to be a victim of it for their own good :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Plenty of alliances who kick members for various reasons other than those "warranting" a kick/rape have left said players alone after they've been kicked. I myself logged in one day to find myself kicked from Funkytown a few rounds back for not being active enough, and sure enough I hadn't been attacked.
I'm not sure if I entirely agree with all of the reasons people have given for kick/raping players, but I agree with the general concept that there are times when people need to be a victim of it for their own good :p

You had nothing worth raping Davs. 13 land and 25 hippie and yobs each does not equal epic raping times. ;)