• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Only accept mail from friends AND ALLIANCE MEMBERS

Nickk

Harvester
In the slimmest of chances that Azzer does decide to implement changes, would be pretty useful having an option which automatically adds your alliance members to your friendlist so they can send you mail if you have the mail from friends only option on. Save's having to add all alliance members individually. It's lazy on my front, but would be pretty useful :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Does make sense actually, should be that all alliance members (and maybe pnaps) can mail you regardless of Friends only setting (or any other mail related options)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Is it really that hard to just click each ID and click 'add friend'?

I just did it in 1 minute and 10 seconds.

Quicker than what it would have taken you to log onto the forums, and create this thread.

Nickk

Harvester

Quicker than what it would have taken you to log onto the forums, and create this thread.

I am pretty sure that my post took less than 1min 10secs, but unlike you i have better things to do than to time stupid things just to prove a point. Nonetheless it is a suggestion and if you don't like it fine but i am sure other people will find it useful.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Given the fluid nature of some alliance's memberships, it makes sense to have friends only include ally members to save having to add new ally members as the round goes on :p or remove ex-ally members from friends list etc.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Or don't be anti-social and don't turn friends only on. There is an ignore list as well ya know. If you're having to add *so* many people to an ignore list that friends only is actually more convenient (considering all the problems with friends/allies not being able to get in touch), then the problem is probably with you.

32 rounds without friends only activated. Never had a single problem. Added like 2 people to ignore ever. But then I'm probably just lucky yeah? Certainly nothing to do with your manners or maturity...

Last edited:

timtadams

Landscape Designer

I am pretty sure that my post took less than 1min 10secs, but unlike you i have better things to do than to time stupid things just to prove a point. Nonetheless it is a suggestion and if you don't like it fine but i am sure other people will find it useful.

I also have better things to than activate a timer on my phone. But considering it took 5 seconds i saw no harm in doing so.

Anyway, i was just saying i dont think its necessary. Sorry if i took it too far. Just so you know, you are allowed to disagree with a suggestion. Imagine if 10 people supported a suggestion but 100 didnt, but didnt post.

Nickk

Harvester

I also have better things to than activate a timer on my phone. But considering it took 5 seconds i saw no harm in doing so.

Anyway, i was just saying i dont think its necessary. Sorry if i took it too far. Just so you know, you are allowed to disagree with a suggestion. Imagine if 10 people supported a suggestion but 100 didnt, but didnt post.

read above timtadams. i know everyone is entitled to their own view. Whether this suggestion will be implemented is another question though as Azzer has gone AWOL, so we'll leave it at that.

Podunk

Head Gardener
Great suggestion Nickk! No reason not to do it. It certainly wouldn't be hard to code it. timtadams: Just because there is a way to accomplish this without having the feature doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented. Streamlining any software is a good thing.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
lol, ok

just to be clear, im not necessarily against this suggestion (which may seem contradictory to second post; i was just making a point in that post). Just didnt think it is necessary. Next time i will sugarcoat it and serve it up with a bunch of smileys

Steve_God

Official Helper
Or don't be anti-social and don't turn friends only on. There is an ignore list as well ya know. If you're having to add *so* many people to an ignore list that friends only is actually more convenient (considering all the problems with friends/allies not being able to get in touch), then the problem is probably with you.

32 rounds without friends only activated. Never had a single problem. Added like 2 people to ignore ever. But then I'm probably just lucky yeah? Certainly nothing to do with your manners or maturity...
While I wouldn't be against the suggestion, my opinion is similar to CF's.

Don't be anti-social to everyone, just ignore the one or two idiots that annoy you :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
If azzer wants to impliment this or something similar, might i go with the tweak that pinpower mentioned
Does make sense actually, should be that all alliance members (and maybe pnaps) can mail you regardless of Friends only setting (or any other mail related options)
As that way you dont need to physically add the people to friends list. they just dont get ignored with the option enabled

why?:
  • easier to code in my mind.
  • make the crowd pleaser award not just a given.
  • a ftw alliance may wait to see day by day minute by minute the formation of an alliance and as a new member joins an alliance the alliance will go up the statistics page, and the global statistics will continuously jossle. and a person who is quick enough or patient enough to open multiple tabs can gather id lists of the top ten if not more players with friends. and as one alliance gets more members than the others you may even get more than one set of 10 members within an alliance...in short it is possible using world tables/global statistics friendliest on world tables, to gather ids. pre round start, even more easily than currently.
just like i know a few people who got a lot of nagrams ids from checking global statistics for defence pre round start...anyway just a thought

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I dislike people who put friends only on. Keep the minute inconvenience as a deterent >:\

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Personally i have never put the friends list only option on or put a single person on ignore list, i have a similar view to steve and others that its better just ignore the couple of idiots who you will come across over the years and be a bit more friendly.

BUT i can see how people who want to use this function of the game will benefit from the automatic exclusion of ally members from this (especially if ally members are changing to save removing and adding people).

Davs

Garden Designer
CF, Steve and Pin seem to be on the same wavelength as me. That being said, for those who don't particularly like people in general, I can see this as being a good idea.