• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

ahem...

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
What's Going On?
Currently Active Users: 112 (13 members and 99 guests)
Most users ever online was 270, 04-04-2011 at 03:11 PM.
tobapopalos, bluehen55, defg720, gjkgs657g3582, hijk413, LAFiN, leocruz43, lichen0301, TehPantz, uvwx739, vwxy118, vwxy735, yuzhje82

Can we please get the spambot protection software updated?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah its stupid how many bots we get. Its always been pretty bad but we go through stages where we seem to get even more.

There is recaptcha image verification but its obviously not enough to stop them, the issues been raised by the Mods already so hopefully Azzman will look into any other means when possible.

For the moment though we usually spot a spam post very quickly, often thanks to people using the report function to flag up such posts :)

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
They can, but manually banning each bot as it signs up, takes constant vigilance, not something our moderators are known for :p and then ofc accidents can happen where legitimate users have been banned because a mod has thought they were a bot.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
i guess this probably wont happen as Azzer doesnt really spend much time here anymore, but a question might be the alternative to the captchas which dont seem to work. Ive seen this on another forum as an alternative.

For example,
"what year did the first Jurassic Park come out? Hint: google 'Jurassic Park imdb'"
And then they would have to enter '1993' to be able to register.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
They can, but manually banning each bot as it signs up, takes constant vigilance, not something our moderators are known for :p and then ofc accidents can happen where legitimate users have been banned because a mod has thought they were a bot.

personally i ban at least 1 bot every day normally its a couple. we take a look at the recently registered users list but the shear amount of them being registered on these forums means that some get to post. there's gotta be some sort of more advanced registration procedures that can be put in place but unfortunately we cant do that :(

and yeah, the problem is often there will be a user who is almost definitely a bot but hasnt yet updated their profile to include spam links (that is how most of them work) or hasnt posted anything random/spammy so we cant really ban them on the off chance that this is that one time when a new player has picked dlm1974bac as their username

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I got banned when I first signed up for forums because a mod thought I was a bot :D

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
What if the mods mailed the bot suspects saying "Are you a bot?"

I think bots wouldn't reply to that, while inteligent creatures would say things like "your face is a bot" or "WAHAHAHT?"

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

I got banned when I first signed up for forums because a mod thought I was a bot :D

i still think u are a bot. im 90% sure of it.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

i still think u are a bot. im 90% sure of it.

there's a difference between bots and cyborgs. ;)

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
This is discriminating! The poor bots are allowed to play, be wiped, land farmed and pestered with random attacks, but as soon as the join the forum to post in gripes, they get banned... :/

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Most users ever online was 275, Yesterday at 12:22 PM.

Now if only we could get these bots to play bush