Nothing extreme just a little moan.....

Izziblem

Planter
Ok so,

Not to bore everyone too much with my personal life but I am an intern mainly doing translation and interpretation. As such when there is none of this to be done people generally forget I exist and I get left with nothing to do. My previous job was much more social and as such I find it very odd not being able to go through an entire day without speaking to everyone.

My solution to this was getting more involved with Bush. Some weeks I have a lot of free time and thought wouldnt it be nice to get involved with more of the game maybe see other peoples views on things, get to know some people etc etc etc.

Once I finally plucked up the courage to actually say something myself (you guys have all been playing a long time you seem to all know each other it can be quite intimidating) I posted on the introduction forum i play solo partnered blah blah blah.

Now THESE TWO THINGS MAY NOT BE RELATED but that evening I had a total of 9 incoming mobs and god completely bashed. The same thing happened the next day to my BF who just happens to be my solo partner.

I'm not in anyway saying that I shouldn't be attacked and I am very aware that this is part of the game. However I cant help but feel that by trying to get more involved I drew attention to myself and am now starting again from scratch. From what I have worked out from the attacks which were from around 5 different people an Alliance has discovered me and farmed away.

Now please tell me if I'm wrong. I suppose my gripe is that an Alliance attacked me and I have no way of getting any of these people back as they will be defended by another however many people. So how do I stand a chance?

N.B I am taking this on the chin. I will rebuild and play next round in fact. I'm not being a sore loser or anything like that. Just wanted to stamp my feet a bit.

Just realised this is really long but as I said I have a lot of time on my hands :)

Angela

Harvester
I cant say for sure since i dont have a clue who you are ingame or which alliance attacked you, but unless your name is the same or similar it will probably just bad timing that it happened around the first time you post on forums.

There is still plenty of time left this round and even ways to get your own back on the alliance who hit you, depending on your route you could rush them with stealth/low eta units if you pick a target that you will kill.

Anyway i hope you carry on playing bushtarion and enjoy the forums and the game, they are some nice people around just ignore the rest :D

Izziblem

Planter
Was probably just bad timing......Pushed my buttons tho :)

Still plenty of time left and I will hopefully get back up there. Still learning and have never done a rush before so it's definitely something I will be looking into.

Thanks for your suggestion

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Indeed it probably was just bad timing. I personally avoid any in-game name that might reveal my identity, as there are people around who will exploit the fact that you occasionally have to sleep :p

Rest assured that unless your in-game name is the same or similar to your forum name, there is no way anyone can identify you in-game. Indeed even if you used the same name for both, it really is quite unlikely someone saw that you were solo and decided to attack you on those grounds (that isn't a practice I've ever been familiar with in my many years playing Bushtarion).

-

Frustration will come from many directions playing solo. Its a difficult way to play the game if you enjoy success (unless you've a lot of experience and you are active with active pnaps). If you enjoy doing well then I'd definitely consider joining an alliance next round, at least until you've ironed out the complexities of solo play.

Also, a very warm welcome to our Community :)

Izziblem

Planter
Very much considering joining an alliance next round. That in fact was the main reason for becoming more active on the forums and seeing who was around.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Frustration will come from many directions playing solo. Its a difficult way to play the game if you enjoy success (unless you've a lot of experience and you are active with active pnaps). If you enjoy doing well then I'd definitely consider joining an alliance next round, at least until you've ironed out the complexities of solo play.

Indeed. Especially if one of the reasons you stated for playing more is that you're feeling isolated at work. Allied play is a much more social experience than solo (as social as playing a text-based plant-related browser game gets anyway).

It probably was coincidence that you got hit a lot after introducing yourself on forums. The only way someone could work out who you are in-game is if your forum nick and your ingame name add up, but I just checked and it doesn't.

As for getting back at the alliance who attacked who (if it was an alliance - have you developed spies yet?) it is always possible to take down a small alliance as a solo. You have 24 hour coverage from anti-rape whereas they only have coverage as long as their members are online. Pick your targets based on route strengths (eg. if you're a robo then target their thug or special ops members), pick a decent time to hit them (preferably between 00:00 and 12:00 gmt) and just send away. You might be surprised how easy it is to land on a lower-ranked alliance if you attack at the right time. Don't feel intimidated because there are 20 of them and only 1 of you. Most of them will be very inactive or just a bit useless.

Izziblem

Planter
I've got everything developed now including my purchase unit :).

Most of the people were from one alliance but there were a couple of others that didnt fit the trend so it is slight speculation on my part but I find it hard to believe that they all coincientally attacked me in waves. It's not an alliance I would plan on trying to attack solo.

Its good to know that getting involved in the forum was more than likely not the reason as that is the main thing that upset me about the attack.

Im going to finish this round solo and hopefully get back up in the top 100. Next round i will definitely apply for an alliance as i have lots of free time staring at a computer.

P.S text base is great for work as it doesn't look like a game!!

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
conspiracy theory ftw :D

but most likely they just found a solo who was attackable ^_^

note their account names and kill them in a later round :D

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Also, given you've mentioned looking at joining an alliance next round - check out this thread by Steve_God. He'll be running a for-the-fun alliance next round, but there'll be plenty of people in there playing seriously too.

There looks to be a good few experienced players in there so if you're looking to get into the game you'd certainly pick up a lot amongst those players :)

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Welcome to Bush! :p
picture.php

A game about farming, and some high-tech military combat, but mostly farming.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i think all new comers should try allied play in an alliance with experienced players. whether for fun or to try and win..it doesnt matter... but you can learn alot from people that would take you ages to lear in the manual. or may not even be published in the manual at all.

as for the fact they waved you..generally they must have seen, as you sound like you would have been active with your free time, a time where you werent on. (likely using a firefox addon no breaks pace to give a nice little chart above the spie report) from this one person probably killed you.. the follow ons probably were just scrambling for land.

but if u want revenger id suggest the following, u rush without geo thiefs, sending units of eta 4 or lower (eta 3 is best or stealth) at a time xx:59, and if u have stealth units send them withotu anything else. also send a few mobs of equal size and equal eta (by sending mostly garderners and one unit of appropriate eta) to other people in the alliance you might hit/could hit but arent hitting, this fake attack can give u more chance when hitting allied players as they wont know which id to defend if you perfect this skill. a basic list is below

your route>your best targets in thier alliance, (hope this isnt condescending i dont mean it to be just trying to help, revenge is my faourite part of the game)

• terrorist leaders > rpg's, strikers(if you have pbs), political mastermind(if you have a good amount of bikers),
  • rpg> robotics, (without nanos so you can just send your rpgs at the end of the tick at eta 4 and not need your snipers)
  • secret agents> RPGs, terrorist leaders
  • harrier> robotics, sorcerer(without dragons prefered), striker (without masses of marines or none at all)
  • sorceres > political master minds
  • strikers> hard to rush unless you get alot of apaches or alot of marines. the striker unit needs stuff firing after it to do any decent damage unless against pure robotics
  • political mastermind> im afraid you cannot rush
  • robotics> tyrants and your flaking unit (automotoms,pa,shields,nanos) vs sa,(with few assassins)
  • vampires>see SA
with defence.. watch for people sending low numbers of units.. they likely have stealth and you will not be able to tell what they sent to defend with

good luck

Alvestein

Garden Designer
the farming part is the most fun!

on a serious note, welcome to the game! im not the most active anymore but its nice to see some enthusiastic new blood ^^

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

Just don't join an alliance with Toby. I hear he pimps *****es out in his spare time for crack (ie, Souls). Never trust a word he says. Ever.

But seriously, you seem to have gotten a 'warm' reception to the game, so stick with it. I'll keep an eye out for ye in the future.
I still stick by the fact that women do not exist on the internet (except Angela, but I never really counted her in the first place).

Izziblem

Planter
everytime you say I dont believe in women on the internet a woman on the internet dies. fact