• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Red title ideas

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
Red titles mostly mean nothing how about these as ideas or combinations of to make it bad, again no numbers just think of the effect and at what level it may work. the thing is that if total bottom feeders growth is slowed theres more targets for them and bottom feeding should be something to avoid doing constantly.

1/ troops more expensive.
2/ lower seed production
3/ troops weaker
4/ Tax any sales at supply depot
5/ Increased eta
6/ Less mob slots
7/ Give defenders bounty/increased insurance
8/ reduced growth of seeds into plants
9/ reduced/removed insurance
10/ reduced land grabs
11/ troop upkeep/some disbanding if no cash to pay for troops
12/ troops disbanding
13/ seed/plant/cash rot

I am sure I could come up with many many more but the h/f syste

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
I've been for quite a while advocating tieing in the H/F and the Insurance/Injuries together, so that red titles suffer more, and that green titles benefit, basically a sliding scale based on honour (not fame, too easy to just have a ton of fame and flit over the +/- margin). Some of your ideas aren't too bad either, buuut, making troops more expensive would be complicated, bounty/score would get confused :p likewise with troops weaker. But affecting seed production/sell value of plants etc would work quite nicely, but probably wouldn't be tooooo noticeable, Red title peeps invariably have more land anyway (hence the red title) thus wont notice the reduction in income too much, and in some cases would appreciate it, less income = more targets for longer.

Tieing the Insurance/Injuries into it, imo is the most viable option for sure :p

Ram

Head Gardener
Tieing Insurance/Injuries with it would be the only viable option which has been posted her (imo)
In some cases players are pretty much forced to go red since they only have targets in 30% range.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I concur
base it on honour

Has the h/f mod on injuries/insurance or similar been suggested before? or alluded to? Or am i losing my mind?

btw, bounty for defenders sounds cool. Doesnt have to be same percentage as if you were attacker either...

Davs

Garden Designer
I'm with Ram on this, the only thing I agree with on this is the injuries/insurance thing.
Also, just because the bounty bit was mentioned again, I'm against the idea of getting bounty by defending, as the whole point about bounty hunting is kinda in its name - you have to actually hunt for it.

GooDGoodBye

Pruner
I think this is a vey intersting and good idea!

Something like this should be put into the game. Would create more strategies and tactics.

I have find out that it is rather easy to get green title and I think all players should strive to this. That should get in somekind of danger position with red titles.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I also think that H/F should only have a direct effect on injuries/insurance and maybe bounty gains. Otherwise it would make too much of a difference and it would swing from one extreme to another.

Also, tieing is not a word

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
Conclusion

Dont make red titles bad it would make it too hard to be big therefore people will quit.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Stop being obtuse, alwaysnumb. Just accept that your idea will not work and move on.

If you honestly think that everyone who disagrees with your ideas are all horrible rank 1 alliance bashers who only have hatred burning in their souls for the poor defenceless little people, then you are an idiot. We disagree with it because it is a bad idea. There are plenty of things to discourage people from getting red titles, but for a lot of people getting a red title is unavoidable. Especially with such a small playerbase. You can either hit below 70% or sit around twiddling your thumbs.

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
I just feel that bashing low is whats mostly killing it. In the past it worked as there was plenty of people/allies to spread the bashing around on. Now anyone new who ends up in a random useless allie gets constantly bashed, thinks "well this sucks goodbye".

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
yawn stretch...same old same old. the debate of what can we do to improve bushtarion:

the usual suggestions that always miss the point, and have been seen in action:

-increase attack range (the argument against being that it wont help, it will just require more people bashing to successfully land)
-penalise hitting below 70% with such extremity it may as well be removed (people will still do it if its viable if not see above)
-reduce alliance sizes because im sure that will help provide more targets? :O (there is the same player base split between fewer allies = more need to be contactable or more death. also more bashing as top ranked allies will stillpick on the weaker alliances for easy land rather than fight eachother when theres so many other alliances around)

its like theres this never ending loop of desperation to create a fix to make things better with a game that main issue is the amount of players not the mechanics.

as for giving more bonuses to people that do play honourably, and reduced bonuses to people that attack at below 70%, thats much more fair than over penalising someone with some pretty complex game mechanic. As eventually any one at the top will be bigger than those below by enough that they have to hit below 70% to have a target.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Willy is right (Jesus Christ). Stop moaning and spread the word if you care enough about the game.

xvi

Harvester
Willy is right (Jesus Christ). Stop moaning and spread the word if you care enough about the game.

Okay, Ima spread the word: Theres this great game that the creator abandoned and never even visits! Check it out people, you only have to play for a good 6 months before you learn how not to get bashed by the game's Elite! Oh, yeah, and any ideas you come up with will get bashed to hell! Dude, its great!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

Okay, Ima spread the word: Theres this great game that the creator abandoned and never even visits! Check it out people, you only have to play for a good 6 months before you learn how not to get bashed by the game's Elite! Oh, yeah, and any ideas you come up with will get bashed to hell! Dude, its great!

i dont mean to bash/flame. but the topics crop up time and time again, with the same suggestions. i guess the best bet would be....

....buy a 2 week, 100 man private world open it up and have it as 15 man alliances, 60% attack range, solos not allowed for the first 2 days. + 50 bots with hidden identities playing too, [maybe even 1 credit entry , 5 credits to winnning alliance members, 5 credits to highest rank solo, 5 credits to most active player, and the entry fee back to the rank 2 alliance], if i thought people would use it and test it properly. but there isnt some means to tell those that aren't forum active...

but at least it would let people try these ideas out and maybe decide with more basis than hypothesis whether its a worth while suggestion and achieves what they are aiming to achieve or is only good in theory and in reality makes things worse.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

i dont mean to bash/flame. but the topics crop up time and time again, with the same suggestions. i guess the best bet would be....

....buy a 2 week, 100 man private world open it up and have it as 15 man alliances, 60% attack range, solos not allowed for the first 2 days. + 50 bots with hidden identities playing too, [maybe even 1 credit entry , 5 credits to winnning alliance members, 5 credits to highest rank solo, 5 credits to most active player, and the entry fee back to the rank 2 alliance], if i thought people would use it and test it properly. but there isnt some means to tell those that aren't forum active...

but at least it would let people try these ideas out and maybe decide with more basis than hypothesis whether its a worth while suggestion and achieves what they are aiming to achieve or is only good in theory and in reality makes things worse.

I did want to set up a PW once every 3 months, but my pleas for Azzer to advertise it via world 1 was in vain.
I would have liked to do that after the success of my first one, but nobody seems to be bothered. Hum. :(

Davs

Garden Designer

As I've said in another thread (here) if more and more people start playing the game, Azzer will be more likely to pay attention - as he'll undoubtedly make more of a profit on the game as a result of more people buying PUnits, game cash etc. So *****ing about his absence is just stupid at this point and is certainly not helping anything.

As for all new ideas getting bashed - just no. Yes, many bad ideas get bashed, but only if either they're a) absolutely terrible or b) have been written by people who choose not to listen to any negative feedback. The first few responses to suggestions that many consider to be either pointless or detrimental to the game tend be politely describing why they won't work, they only turn in to flame wars or worse when people decide that rather than actually bothering to calmly read and understand those reasons they'll take offence to the fact that people disagree with them instead.

The only part of your post that was in anyway worthwhile was the bit about how long it takes to get used to the game and work out how to keep yourself alive, but to some that's part of the appeal - it requires a bit of thought (at least for the first couple of rounds) in order to work out what units do what, which routes are better against others etc.

You yourself have stuck with the game for a reasonable amount of time - I can only assume there's a good reason for it, so why do you feel the need to be so negative towards it?

xvi

Harvester

As I've said in another thread (here) if more and more people start playing the game, Azzer will be more likely to pay attention - as he'll undoubtedly make more of a profit on the game as a result of more people buying PUnits, game cash etc. So *****ing about his absence is just stupid at this point and is certainly not helping anything.

As for all new ideas getting bashed - just no. Yes, many bad ideas get bashed, but only if either they're a) absolutely terrible or b) have been written by people who choose not to listen to any negative feedback. The first few responses to suggestions that many consider to be either pointless or detrimental to the game tend be politely describing why they won't work, they only turn in to flame wars or worse when people decide that rather than actually bothering to calmly read and understand those reasons they'll take offence to the fact that people disagree with them instead.

The only part of your post that was in anyway worthwhile was the bit about how long it takes to get used to the game and work out how to keep yourself alive, but to some that's part of the appeal - it requires a bit of thought (at least for the first couple of rounds) in order to work out what units do what, which routes are better against others etc.

You yourself have stuck with the game for a reasonable amount of time - I can only assume there's a good reason for it, so why do you feel the need to be so negative towards it?

I stick with it because I am addicted. ;) I am not necessarily negative towards the game, just enjoy a bit of hazing.