Dr. Who?

cb1202

Head Gardener
Ok, so I just thought I would mention this cause I think it is pretty cool.

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/cable/...medium=rss&utm_campaign=silence-in-the-tardis

No real spoilers unless u dont wanna see what the new enemy race looks like. But basically strewn throughout the last season there were little bits and pieces of the new enemy interacting with the Dr./Amy. I thought it was really cool and I am rewatching the 5th season now to see if I can pick anything out.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
MASSIVE Dr. Who geek here.

Spoiler alert below for anyone who hasnt watched it just scroll past my post. Anyone who has watched it, tell me what you think.

===============================================================
SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER -

What do you think about River?
They have been making it sound for a while now that she kills the Dr (She says she kills the greatest man she's ever known).

Think she is the little girl in the space suit? Would make sense :O

- End of spoiler

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Some people might not have watched dr who and I don't want to give anything away so I'll just post my thoughts in white text (hope everyone's using the white background). If you're not afraid of spoilers just highlight the text with your mouse and read it :p

Little girl in the space suit reminds me a looooooooooooooooooooooot of the vashta nerada who appeared in the first episode that featured dr. Song. I've totally abbandoned my original idea that River Song is actually the Doctor's daughter/clone but I still have no idea who she is or where/when she's from. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Oh, I just found out that the fourth episode of these series is named "The Doctor's Wife" so I figure she's that

I definately like these new aliens though! They're a bit like the weeping angels - you look away = you're f*cked. I wonder if the picture Amy took with her phone will be of any help. Oh and if I understand this correctly they're named "Silence" and the episode I mentioned above(with the Vashta Nerada) was named "Silence in the Library". Also, Amy being pregnant makes me sad

Last edited:

cb1202

Head Gardener
SPOILERS!!!

spoilers

Interesting about the "Silence in the Library" I didnt notice that. I think the Silence have something to do with Amy thinking she is pregnant. River at one point in the episode also says she is feeling sick right after/before seeing the silence. Unless she is also pregnant?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er49lwCsx1Y "The little girl said the spaceman was coming to eat her, maybe that's exactly what happened" Sounds like the vashta nerada to me :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Why did I bother highlighting Dimitar's posts to read this thread? I don't even watch Dr Who.

My life is a tragic affair.

Razorwolf

Pruner
Haha I was going to do the same thing, but realised it doesn't work the same way on a phone. Now ill never know as I probably won't prowl the forum for another month o.o

ZeHatman

Weeder
baffling

baffling

found the bit at the end with the little girl and the tramp pretty baffling.

i mean, the basic indication is pretty obvious but it just opens up a whole can of worms

Davs

Garden Designer
2nd episode annoyed me in the sense that it just casually missed out 3 months in spite of the 1st episode ending on a cliff-hanger...

moorer

Pruner
When did Tom Baker leave the series??????

It'll never be the same without him.

Max

Garden Designer
You kidding? I've recently been watching all the old Dr. Whos, and Tom Baker is clearly the best ;D Especially episodes with Sarah Jane Smith *Cries*

I'm now going back and watching the first ever series in all the black and whites, it's fantastc viewing!

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
You kidding? I've recently been watching all the old Dr. Whos, and Tom Baker is clearly the best ;D Especially episodes with Sarah Jane Smith *Cries*

I'm now going back and watching the first ever series in all the black and whites, it's fantastc viewing!

I've seen some of those :p With the very first doctor! I like it because everything is made of cardboard - reminds me of a simpler time.

PS: Tennant still rapes them all

Bobbin

Head Gardener
SPOILERS!!!!!!

I think River Song is Amy's Daughter, and yes, she kills the Doctor. At first I thought that the girl in the space suit was just Amy's Daughter, but the more I think about it the more it kind of makes a bit of sense that she might be Amy's daughter. They play a lot with fate and such and linked time lines, so it sort of makes sense the most important person in the Doctors future would be the daughter of someone who I think is going to be his most important companion.

However. Who says he dies? Time can be changed.