Re: JUKEBOX DECLARE WAR, and other unrelated nostalgia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Yummy.

Stunned: 3,245,504 [£253,241,966,000] friendlies stunned.
Distracted: 1,652,651,222 [£7,871,301,723,000] friendlies distracted.
Disabled: 10,503,994 [£950,640,998,200] friendlies disabled.
Died: 126,697,317 [£11,206,219,749,800] friendlies dead. 87,444,639 [£2,562,838,225,800] enemies dead.
Bribed: 2,462,517 [£288,093,435,000] friendlies bribed.
Converted: 95,827 [£1,533,232,000] friendlies converted.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
You sound like DaX, lets put you two in charge for a week and see what happens.

considering your HUGE troop advantage, it doesn't take much imagination to figure it out :p

3X troop score. Then count in the fact that our 2 biggest troop scores have no one in range. So 6 vs 19 with you firing first works out to be in your favour :D

20 - 2 does NOT equal 6 :p

and yea.. considering you have 5 strikers and 2 SA with 2 poms.. and we are mostly later-firing routes.. it doesn't factor in our favor.. :p

maybe if we had 2-3 RPGs with around 300m+ RPG (total) and another 500m SA/Pom.. we could work with that..

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I tell you something that really bugs me and has done for ages. This conversation:

"Oh man their attacks are so noob. They have no skill and send so many on one tick"

But then ill hear the same people be like:

"Our defence is so awesome. Our organisers are so good at organising defence. Our defence ability is awesome. X, xx and xxx are really good at defence".

There's so much wrong with the whole thing.
If their attacks are predictable nooby hits then it doesnt make your defence awesome if you counter it.
I remember when JJ's wing of TBA would send on warhuh different ids and sometimes on 1 id and everyone said JJs crew sucked for not having better hits because warhuh (like mlp) had the ability to get the majority of their members on.
Then in the same breath people were saying how awesome warhuh were at defending ... Even after saying what they were up against were terrible attacks.

For me its one or the other.

Also a bit more on topic, one of the only ways to get land off a rank 2 ally thats contactable is to mass 1 id. I have seen this round its been taken to the extreme sometimes but hey..

You also gotta remember that usually the "best" members of a rank 1 ally are those who have no targets and sit at the top. I often find that the organisers have the least targets too because they've grown real fast from early real wars. So all you get is the lesser active ones saying "lets hit this id" about 2/3 times a day.

Everyone should be praising the fact that these days, and often In the past, that rank 1 members just pick 1 id and have a few send. At worst you lose 1.x k acres and they grow out of range then you go steal it back. Usually you just fake or real it with extremely easy def instructions and it will recall.

And its pretty unlikely that you ever get brs through the round. The ratio of attacks sent to brs must be real low. If you have someone who understands how the fights going to go on both sides then either attack or defence will recall (Bounty from killing while defending would make this SO interesting btw and create alot of fights). Best chances of a br these days is either someone goes afk and forgets or they think they can win then pretend they went afk. Or you listen to a fool or you want to suicide your troops and then attempt to whore land while you rely on your alliance.

Ok there's lots of ramblings i thought id throw out there. Im always right so you should probally take this as fact and keep your wrong opinions to yourself. Ok that was a troll.

bluehen55

Harvester
Despite the trolling, Twigley is right in some sense here. Most attacks from JB consists of the few people that have the right combination of having targets and being online at the same time massing one id, and the MLP massing defense on the same id, with the only planning necessary being to first, mid, or last tick it. Neither side takes tremendous planning, although the contactability and dedication to defending in MLP has been pretty impressive. But at this point in the round, with the way the scores are (and almost always are between the rank 1 and 2 alliances) there's not a whole lot of flexibility possible in planning either attacks or defenses.

Angela

Harvester
i stopped reading twigs post after i read that part where he said that mlp complained about how they attack ... if he read some of the thread he would know that it was martin and not us who said that the way they attacks was sad/noobish (cant be bothered to check the quote) we havent complained as we dont tend to care enough they do what they do and we do what we do.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
i stopped reading twigs post after i read that part where he said that mlp complained about how they attack ... if he read some of the thread he would know that it was martin and not us who said that the way they attacks was sad/noobish (cant be bothered to check the quote) we havent complained as we dont tend to care enough they do what they do and we do what we do.

Actually, I said it was sad :p but he did say something about a light (i missed it the first time I read the post, didn't see it till twigley quoted it)

I'm not complaining about the attacks really, I've said a few times that I'm glad to only have to worry about losing 1 tick of land.. but I do get bothered when there is incoming, and nothing is/can be done about it. I'm a big fan of defense, even suicide defense :p If you remember in BT, we were famous for keeping out land (despite everyone dying constantly and losing their troops :p) So you can see why i see 8 on a tick as overkill..

And on a side note - Organizing defense takes skill, but thats only when you actually have to ORGANIZE something.. Fakes/Reals Ect.. Telling everyone to mass defend 1 ID is not organizing :p Same goes for attacking..

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
spanish_inquisition.jpg

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I've been out of range of everyone for weeks... :(
Not that I care; It means I have to bother less about making people attack with me.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
i stopped reading twigs post after i read that part where he said that mlp complained about how they attack ... if he read some of the thread he would... blah blah blah blah

Twigs stopped reading Angela's post around the time that she was wrong.

As well as Angela being wrong about what's been said in this thread (reading Lucksports replies), Twigley has seen numerous complaining in #Bushtarion and have logs of people complaining in private to him. He most likely has mails too.

Hey look twigs can talk in third person too.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
i stopped reading twigs post after i read that part where he said that mlp complained about how they attack ... if he read some of the thread he would... blah blah blah blah

I stopped reading Angela's post around the time that she was wrong.

As well as Angela being wrong about what's been said in this thread (reading Lucksports replies), i've seen numerous complaining in #Bushtarion and have logs of people complaining in private to me. Most likely mails too.

Now, now. Be gentle, Twiglet.

Caranthir

Harvester
I can personally say that in Jukebox we don't spy around or anything. We just see that we have people on, look for anyone in range and send.

I haven't even hacked targets or defenders in a few weeks.

So as for claims of piggying, kind of hard to do if you don't know where other attacks are. Just bad luck.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I can personally say that in Jukebox we don't spy around or anything. We just see that we have people on, look for anyone in range and send.

I haven't even hacked targets or defenders in a few weeks.

So as for claims of piggying, kind of hard to do if you don't know where other attacks are. Just bad luck.

Where's all this coming from? :O

I mean, I don't go in #bushtarion very often.. so I don't see this complaining, but there has been no mention of it here.. :p

Angela

Harvester

Twigs stopped reading Angela's post around the time that she was wrong.

As well as Angela being wrong about what's been said in this thread (reading Lucksports replies), Twigley has seen numerous complaining in #Bushtarion and have logs of people complaining in private to him. He most likely has mails too.

i dont care what people tell you or what happens in #bushtarion but the most of the point we havent complained on the forums ... which is what i was refering to what is said in private who the hell cares ... well besides you?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Angela, LS said it was sad. He also said no other alliances at this stage in the past would put that much on a tick. In this thread a few pages back. Maybe you should read it and notice LS just admited he was *****ing about it.

Twigley's 2/3 points was in reply to that. Wether or not your memebers complain about it in pm or not makes no difference i was just stating that as well as in this thread, they do it in private too.

Thanks for playing.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Angela, LS said it was sad. He also said no other alliances at this stage in the past would put that much on a tick. In this thread a few pages back. Maybe you should read it and notice LS just admited he was *****ing about it.

Twigley's 2/3 points was in reply to that. Wether or not your memebers complain about it in pm or not makes no difference i was just stating that as well as in this thread, they do it in private too.

Thanks for playing.

It IS sad, and what I said IS true. But I was more or less referencing what was already being said in the thread :p

and as I've said in private (which seems to be soo important on the forums for some reason) I don't care what they do, if they want to stack 8 people up so we can't defend, I'll just be happy its only 1 tick of land, and I don't have to get anyone online.

I also said something else in private that was rather witty.. but I'm tired and forget what it was.. There has also been a lot of gratuitous flirting in private, and maybe some cybering..

Since private conversations are so important y'know?

^_^

*waits for twigley to come back with the flame-stick and rod of sarcasm*

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Thank you for the insight on your private conversations but i wasn't talking about you.

What LS said in this thread:

* You think their attacks are nooby/sad.
* You don't think rank 1 alliances have stacked so much on single ticks in the past.
* You arn't complaining about being hit.

What Twigley said in this thread:

* You think their attacks are noob/sad.
* Alliances have always stacked like that on a single tick in the past.
* Didn't say MLP complain about being hit in this thread.

What Angela said in this thread:

* Twigley said we complained about being hit.

People who need to re-read this thread:

* Angela

People who understand this thread:

* Everyone else

Posts that shouldn't need to be made but have to be due to 1 person mis interpretating a post:

* This one

Person who had to be a smart arse and make such a basic post to highlight 1 person's errors

* Twigley

My rod of sarcasm:

SARCASM_ROD_by_MewEevee.png

Status
Not open for further replies.