• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Buff to bunker route

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
The guy is just trolling and everyone is responding how he wants :(

Do not feed the trolls!

You have to fight against the trolls. What if some new player looked at the forums and saw a thread about how bunkers were useless and nobody disagreed with it, so he goes and suicides all his stuff on one?! WHAT THEN, MR SMARTY PANTS?! You can't just leave blatant untruths unargued.

We have new players ? :O

qaerwe5r4556

Planter
its f**in easy to land on bunker or even kill a bunker if the ar are goes below 50% and gets easier and easier the more score a bunker players has too. I mean its quite impossible to grow larger than anyone in the rank 1 alliance when there is no competion.

I cant belieave u say its hard to kill or flak or land on a bunker when u r in the rank 1 alliance.

and how long have u been playing this game ?

Stop ur bs.. bunker and sentrys sucks unless you can compete with the rank 1 alliance players and thats impossible when no competion. hippys/spikes/sgt/yobs are the only units u really need.

Sure u can be hard to hit if u build a good bunker/sentry/ninja def but then u will get zeroed to death every 4dayth.

So well my point puppet and sa is better way to go unless there is competion among the rank 1 in alliances.

you complain bunker is *****and needs a BUFF, then sayu all you need is hippies/spikes/sgt/yobs.

You sir are a new player, who is playing the route in a non optimum fashion for what you wish to achieve. And if you have sentry turrets then the route is so far from a nice target its unbelieveable. if you are being killed every 4th day you are really really really doing something wrong, or dont have sentry turrets and a vindictive spec ops, or excitable striker, will keep coming for you

ps spikes and sgt target all. i could flak through you as a pom, pom your ninjas, lose a bit on bunker/sentries if you had any, and if all your money was in blockers, the hippies i sent would stop your yobs sweeping, your hippies wud get 1:1 ratios, and the sgt/spikes would barely target my innocents for the nld flak.

I bet your losing land left right and center as soon as you grow in range of players that know how to flak a basic heavy bunker player

how to play before debuff. bunkers 1m(£180b), sentries 1m(£210b), ninja 10m(£350b), (5 mil per bunker/sentry) spending about equal funds on each...

meant instead of having 2m bunkers and 2mill sentries for the same price, which would only take 20mil rpg to kill(5mil a piece), you now need 50mill RPG, as your are so well flaked by the ninjas that for the same ratio to fire on the bunkers as before you need 2.5* as many units

okay now we see bunkers and sentries got a debuff. so now you need 3mill ninja per 1m bunker or 1m sentry...sure its not as nice and you are virtually twice as easy to kill but you also look a whole lot scarier

and even if they got half the health of before its still in the upper 6 star limit. its still alot of striker/rpg to take down even 1 sentry or 1 bunker and they cost alot less than a striker, and rpgs will die to sentries if flaked by ninja. and the route is so easy to play because you can virtuall spend all your funds and go:

25% bunker
25% sentry
50% ninja.

and the ratio sets itself. its that well ballanced. the only thing the defbuff has really stopped is because you can't flak yourself to become impossible to kill, like previously its far far far harder to attack with the route. because now massing flak takes away from your lethal score enough when combined with the reduced effectiveness of lethal flaking.

anyway rant over i need to get some food. I'm cranky. but the route is far from a target like you imply it is. just the fact that some one who knows how to play (toby) has shown it works wounderfully, and as it was intended shows the debuff was adaquate to stop it becoming a power house, that can get to rank 1 with no effort. and however you are playing the route is clearly not the best way to play it.

Edit
and as both bunker and sentry target flak. its not essential to mass blockers, just enough hippys and sgt[they get the best ratio on pure gardeners per cost out of any unit iirc) dont even use spikes have yobs sweeping. you will need barely any basics since the old old buff of sntrys and bunkers targeting innocents...trust me when i played bunker the route was a ***** to stop people landing on at times. but it cost them the flak. now its impossible to flak through unless cg/tractor combo with Sd to confuse the SGTs

lol dude talking about rpgs when its striker route that is most dangerous for bunker route and even pom/cb are more dangerous to bunker. since they can just wtf landrape u.

sorry napcake but u think u know when u dont. And my point is that it is too easy to kill or flak a bunker. if u r in the rank 1 alliance and there is no competion for rank 1 then anyone in that alliance can flak the bunker player, with no worries of loosing troops.

Well my point maybe is that it sucks to play when there is no competion. then u hit the block and just wait to die.

Davs

Garden Designer
willy: seriously. your hippies wont touch the yobs if he's massed on sleeps. you know better.

You underestimate just how many hippies he'd have o_O

This post was brought to you by Holy - showing everyone the quick way to 1 billion hippies.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
my original suggestion to player making the suggestion

lol dude talking about rpgs when its striker route that is most dangerous for bunker route and even pom/cb are more dangerous to bunker. since they can just wtf landrape u.

sorry napcake but u think u know when u dont. And my point is that it is too easy to kill or flak a bunker. if u r in the rank 1 alliance and there is no competion for rank 1 then anyone in that alliance can flak the bunker player, with no worries of loosing troops.

Well my point maybe is that it sucks to play when there is no competion. then u hit the block and just wait to die.

i said rpg because i didnt know if you was noob and had no ninja or not. as ive never seen you on forums before.

but okay striker hitting you and killing, why not mass bunker 3:2 with sentries or even 2:1. and flak with ninja at the same ratio 3 per bunker/sentry. if you are falling to a striker still then kudos to the striker. or you have not enough ninja i suspect. as the ninjas will keep your bunkers alive vs striker alot better. for little more cost. and the ninjas wont die to striker so shoot before the marines and appache. and with the extra bunker you have enough armour stripping for the ninja to get alright ratios at clearing out the remaining marines that sentries missed.

Next tick the survived bunkers fire and hurt, he lost his marines but not many striker/apache, and you lost your ninjas to apache. but your bunkers fire first again, and will hurt the striker alot with most of his marines gone its armour vs armour with yours being faster firing. and his firing after he takes the losses. but ill pull no punches if you have little or no Ar ofc he will have sent enough to finish the job. but if you dont virtually zero him and kill his flak for his effort you are doing it wrong is all i think. i think you have far too many sgt or spikes.... and they are dying to marines or lethals respectively and far top few bunkers/sentrys and ninja flak to even scare him off.id gues your bunkers arent surviving first tick you have wasted so much money on blockers.

Bare in mind if on the first tick he takes more losses than you I (aka all his marines). then hacks and see you only lost 10-20% of his your bunkers he will likely be a fool and recall. without realising you probably lost all your ninja to the apaches and if the bunkers dont zero him he can do alright

i'd put money on you having too many sgt/spikes. if you follow what i said above he will have sooo few marines left if any after first tick that he wont even scratch your sgt. also you need yobs to sweep and shud be nearly 10-20 milion of them if you are getting rank 1 alliance incoming.(stop 1-2m geo).

where as if you are doing like im certain you are and massing sgt and spikes because they kill flak. then anyone who spies you sees piss poor army of barely any bunker and sentries and arent scared. and secondly you die to the lethals first tick so they have the next tick to wipe out any basics you do have.

as for pom land raping you i refer to my first statement -(minus the hippy comment, he sends them for cheap flak not to stop yobs firing, my bad no-dachi). it only goes further and further to confirm my suspicions of you massing basic instead of the lethals you should. a pom cannot stop your sentry turrets firing or bunkers. and your ninjas are merely flak. cb?? cant think what unit you mean. but basically your SGT target all meaning a pom comes along. with his poms and probably some vans &/or protestor leaders if he is a pro. they ar cheap great flak the sgts hit like 80% of the nld, dont stop all the flak and your puniy amount of bunkers/sentry to basics ratios didnt kill as much as they should. if he has layered his innocents like he shud if he knows what hes doing sgt dont stop all the gards/harvs so yobs cant sweep the geo. job done. he lands

but think about this last statement your only visible unit is bunker sentry and cloner... if you mass bunker 2:1 to sentries.(3 ninja per bunker/sentry) the striker is scared. the pom actually gets marginally damaged. and you kill the flak all three ticks instead of trying to block it on one tick. and if you do this only to come back and complain you die to an sa/ass then my response will be every route has a weakness depending how it is set up.

edit: as for nap cake comment. i have played the bunker 2 times since profile awards. and from round 7-14 i played tl 2 times striker 1 robo 1. and the rest....bunkers. i learnt the hard way. but i did learn. thats 6 occaisons i have been bunkers. And no not once since the debuff. but i do know how to play a bunker route. and its all about the lethals that the enemy can see looking scary.

Last edited:

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The whole game of Bushtarion is about deterants and making them believe they will lose so much it's not worth staying. Winning or losing is irrelevant. Make yourself look scary. For me a scary bunker has quite a lot of Bunkers, a lot of Sentries, even more Sleeps and a load of Yobs. Chuck in a few Ninjas for good measure but you don't need too many to drastically limit the powers of Strikers and RPGs.

*edit* + a few Cloners to sweep.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I went over with alof of guess work.

if rank 1 can hit you you have at least 4.2 billion score.

even with 10k land(i doubt u have that much) you still have 3.2 billion score of units. (- tech lets say 3 bill score of units £1,500,000,000,000 worth)

you could be set up like so:

gardener[40,000,000]
tractor[2,000,000]
harvs[5,000,000]
bunker [4,000,000]
sentry [2,000,000]
ninja [15,000,000]
cloner[0]
geo[500,000]
seedthief[1,000,000]
yobs[12,000,000]
gas traps[5,000,000]

flak cost £230bil
lethal cost £1,135bil
blocker cost £132 bil

incoming can send
£3,000,000,000,000 at zero ar

1,500,000,000 at 50% ar

looking at best ratios and halfing and taking off a bit
bunker 1:1.1
sentry 1:10 -im sure they did more than this. id expect 15mil flak per 1. meh

so thats 22mil flak he needs,
it then will be probably 1:0.8 at best striker on bunker/sentry (sentry much stronger but this is rough)
so he needs lets say 10mil striker, 2m apache thats
£1,440,000,000,000
need to get some good flaking on them 12m marines £588 bil
well thats the budget blown unless your on 30% AR or less the marines alone will be nearly dead before they fire. you would lose your ninjas like i said, but you would be unlucky to have lost even 1.5 m bunkers and assuming virtually all the striker survive and mostly marines die. as next tick you would rape him b4 he zeroes you, and you still can block alot of flak. he needs to not go for kills but simply hippy flak through imo.. this cant be the way he does it.
unless he lets your AR drop to 0%

maybe he sends mass marines, 1m apache 8m striker, 18mil marines? 1,950bill. hmm more plausable survival and can kill your sgts a bit but still dies horribly next tick with so little killing of bunkers and sentries even less so. and marines would take a real beating.

you need below 30% AR for him to have any chance imo with this set up i propose. infact id say 21% or less to pull this off. as with so little dying the first few ticks in terms of bunkers his marines will be wiped, and he will not kill enough sgt as his other units do not target them...

hippy flak it is, to ignore the sgts all together but that is like 44mil gards dead still and more on top and hippies at a ratio to keep them going. not cheap
i just cant seeing it be as easy as you say without your Ar being really low. not clean not tempting either. i wouldnt bother for 1,500 acres. not worth lossing soo much score for. maybe with a CF battle claculator (although the sentries and bunkers i doubt have been altered oon his calc) i think you would never be as easily destroyed as you claim unless you are massing the basics too much

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

That isn't a problem with bunkers. If that is your argument then we need to buff every route in the game just so you, personally, can survive against the rank 1 alliance. You could say that strikers are a **** route because whenever you get in range of rank 1 you get killed and it isn't fair, so they need a buff.

Bunkers are not easy to kill. In fact, they are the complete opposite of easy to kill. They are hard to kill. You have two very strong, quick-firing, armour/health combo units and you have relatively cheap health flak. Put the two together and you have something pretty handy in a fight. And you have SGTs which don't get targetted much by anything and stop flak at a rather impressive rate for their cost. For the average attacker they are very unattractive targets. For the rank 1 alliance they are still unattractive, but the rank 1 alliance tends to hit anyone in their range no matter what route they are, and they have enough resources to waste trillions on flak without it really making a difference. If the rank 1 alliance comes calling then it doesn't really matter what route you are. Whether you live or die depends more on their competence than your route.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I was hunting bunkers as a Striker before their debuff :p Strikers do well on them, even when setup properly.

You can't expect 1 route to trump every other route in the game, that's unrealistic, What you need to do, is realize that rebuilding is a big part of the game.. and prepare to do a lot of it. You'll do a lot less as bunkers for sure.

qaerwe5r4556

Planter

even with 10k land(i doubt u have that much) you still have 3.2 billion score of units. (- tech lets say 3 bill score of units £1,500,000,000,000 worth)

gardener[40,000,000]
tractor[2,000,000]
harvs[5,000,000]
bunker [4,000,000]
sentry [2,000,000]
ninja [15,000,000]
cloner[0]
geo[500,000]
seedthief[1,000,000]
yobs[12,000,000]
gas traps[5,000,000]

flak cost £230bil
lethal cost £1,135bil
blocker cost £132 bil

incoming can send
£3,000,000,000,000 at zero ar

1,500,000,000 at 50% ar

looking at best ratios and halfing and taking off a bit
bunker 1:1.1
sentry 1:10 -im sure they did more than this. id expect 15mil flak per 1. meh

so thats 22mil flak he needs,
it then will be probably 1:0.8 at best striker on bunker/sentry (sentry much stronger but this is rough)
so he needs lets say 10mil striker, 2m apache thats
£1,440,000,000,000
need to get some good flaking on them 12m marines £588 bil
well thats the budget blown unless your on 30% AR or less the marines alone will be nearly dead before they fire. you would lose your ninjas like i said, but you would be unlucky to have lost even 1.5 m bunkers and assuming virtually all the striker survive and mostly marines die. as next tick you would rape him b4 he zeroes you, and you still can block alot of flak. he needs to not go for kills but simply hippy flak through imo.. this cant be the way he does it.
unless he lets your AR drop to 0%

maybe he sends mass marines, 1m apache 8m striker, 18mil marines? 1,950bill. hmm more plausable survival and can kill your sgts a bit but still dies horribly next tick with so little killing of bunkers and sentries even less so. and marines would take a real beating.

you need below 30% AR for him to have any chance imo with this set up i propose. infact id say 21% or less to pull this off. as with so little dying the first few ticks in terms of bunkers his marines will be wiped, and he will not kill enough sgt as his other units do not target them...

hippy flak it is, to ignore the sgts all together but that is like 44mil gards dead still and more on top and hippies at a ratio to keep them going. not cheap
i just cant seeing it be as easy as you say without your Ar being really low. not clean not tempting either. i wouldnt bother for 1,500 acres. not worth lossing soo much score for. maybe with a CF battle claculator (although the sentries and bunkers i doubt have been altered oon his calc) i think you would never be as easily destroyed as you claim unless you are massing the basics too much

I say you would need about 300m gardeners and 2m geos GG, would be landraped way too easy.

And thats what the best players want, LAND. They wont look to kill you but to take your land.

Sorry but I dont think you have been a very good bunker player. At least not what I think is good bunker player is.

Max

Garden Designer
You could always try the Max favourite of mass flak, SGTs and yobs :D

If you fancy the challenge try ignoring lethals altogether and buying:

3 Gardeners : 2 Yobs : 1 SGT

and enjoy being able to stop pretty much anyone in the game from landing :p

Yes anyone can attack you, but if you're raking in the AR without being zeroed then nobody should get through :D

Otherwise to add to the debate, I've been playing striker and hunting bunkers this round. It is MUCH easier than before the de-buff, I must admit, far fewer losses. However, if there are too many bunkers the enemy does look rather scary :p

As for the PoM threat, SGTs and yobs should be able to stop PoMs from landing, they're rather untargetted and do such a good job at stopping flak it's possible to beat the PoMs :D

Last edited:

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I also find that adding a few spikes in the mix makes for a better overall defence - they take out quite a lot of the easier flak, leaving your sleeps at a better position to take out hippies and flak.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

gardener[40,000,000]
tractor[2,000,000]
harvs[5,000,000]
bunker [4,000,000]
sentry [2,000,000]
ninja [15,000,000]
cloner[0]
geo[500,000]
seedthief[1,000,000]
yobs[12,000,000]
gas traps[5,000,000]

ands spiel about why it works

I say you would need about 300m gardeners and 2m geos GG, would be landraped way too easy.

And thats what the best players want, LAND. They wont look to kill you but to take your land.

Sorry but I dont think you have been a very good bunker player. At least not what I think is good bunker player is.

please stop talking down to me i was genuinely interested in helping you, you clearly have some issue and lack understanding of what "stealth troops" means

you can stop flak, or you can stop strikers killing you. you cant easily do both. but the striker cant see your ninja count, or sgt count or anything like that. they just see the bunkers and sentries and think !damn, and have to risk it. if you dont care about dyiing to a striker, level up the ratios and use less ninjas 2:1 not 3:1 you cant have 1 route and 1 set up and 1 ratio for all occasions.

but i tell you what as you're so pro and im clearly a noob, go extremists and fantaics next round.. they come with a big red 'i win button'. and you dont have to even try :0....awwssomee.

can some one tell me what does a sentry turret get on gardener flak nowadays anyway?
is it really as low as my estimate of 1:10m or is it more with the bunkers stripping? like 1:15 do i need to alter and reset best ratios page? i suspect i do. or are the current ratios on them correct.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

please stop talking down to me i was genuinely interested in helping you, you clearly have some issue and lack understanding of what "stealth troops" means

you can stop flak, or you can stop strikers killing you. you cant easily do both. but the striker cant see your ninja count, or sgt count or anything like that. they just see the bunkers and sentries and think !damn, and have to risk it. if you dont care about dyiing to a striker, level up the ratios and use less ninjas 2:1 not 3:1 you cant have 1 route and 1 set up and 1 ratio for all occasions.

but i tell you what as you're so pro and im clearly a noob, go extremists and fantaics next round.. they come with a big red 'i win button'. and you dont have to even try :0....awwssomee.

can some one tell me what does a sentry turret get on gardener flak nowadays anyway?
is it really as low as my estimate of 1:10m or is it more with the bunkers stripping? like 1:15 do i need to alter and reset best ratios page? i suspect i do. or are the current ratios on them correct.

Willy - if he wont listen to advice, let him rot. If he wants to keep people from landing - Go robos and mass TD, or go TL and mass Petrols, Or hell, go Sorcs and mass IG/Sorcs. You will be VERY difficult to land on with pure flak..

You will die though..

Bunkers are not a perfect route.. But they do their job well enough.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

Willy - if he wont listen to advice, let him rot. If he wants to keep people from landing - Go robos and mass TD, or go TL and mass Petrols, Or hell, go Sorcs and mass IG/Sorcs. You will be VERY difficult to land on with pure flak..

You will die though..

Bunkers are not a perfect route.. But they do their job well enough.

yeah there is no route you can play solo that cannot be flakked past anyway. if some one wants too. and people flak a bunker because it doesnt die very often so when that ar hits 0 they can send all the flak in the world. and there is nothing you can do.

best flak stopper/cost in game sgt, (on innocent gardeners alone)
even if he put that £1,500 billion into pure SGT and yobs thats like 130m SGT and 30m yob.

if you put £3,000bill it into pure flak [0%AR]. thats 750m gards, 15m tractor and 12m geo

thats only 2 mil SGT targetting your 12m geo and 2.5m on your tractors. be lucky to stop 1-2m tractors and even half the geos.

6m geo and 13m tractor vs 30m yob. dosnt take a genious to see it would take 60-70m yobs to stop the geos alone. and with tractors its just a kick in the teeth. Im not going to waste any more time if he cant see that you need to look like a horrid target to not get attacked. not hope to get enough blokers to stop the unstoppable 1.45 times your total score worth of flak.. and thats even before sending hippys and what not with the gardeners to trick the SGT and make them preform worse.

Max

Garden Designer
Just to add to what willy has said, there are two ways to play pure solo FTW (i.e. ignoring PNAPs, which as Cid and Iamsmart showed can indeed make you invincible!):

1) Be as scary as possible to get the minimum amount of inc.

2) Get yourself attacked A LOT but survive intact without losing land in order to keep your AR modifier sky high.

The problem with 1) is that sooner or later someone at the top will quite happily suicide troops on you if you are the only target in range, simply because of boredom, and can easily give your score a great knock.

The problem with 2) is that not only is it a fine art to master, but if it goes slightly wrong you end up losing all your troops AND land and have to start over again :D Also you tend to end up rather land fat, which makes it harder to attack and get more land again.

So the solution to "Solo invulnerability" is simple, get 1 to 2 like minded PNAPs, activity and contactability. At which point of course the obvious question has to be asked, "if you have those attributes why aren't you playing allied and not solo" :p

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Don't be noob. You use mass Striker, Grens for ninja heavy bunkers. If they have few ninjas, you go mass Striker, Apache.

Anyway, it's still hard to land on a bunker with 50% AR, and seeing as how people are constantly RPG suiciding on the ones with bounties, they rarely get below 50% AR.

Scariest bunkers for me are 5m bunker, 4m sentry, 22m ninja, 20m sgt, 10m yob, 1m cloner. Something around that is pretty hard to land for any route hitting you.